What's new

Light Position...quick Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzy

I think most grows take place in a rectangular area, right?
So, which way should the bulb (400hps and cheap reflector) be placed in, say a 2x4 area.

I figured
---------------------------------------
B
U
L
B

---------------------------------------

Or should the bulb be perpandicullar (sp) to the room...

----------------------------------------

B U L B

Last edited:

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
if you have the space to hang the light like your #1 idea run bulb in have cord towards end doors close on. this will allow for a larger foot print from your lighting.

your @2 wont bake the walls lol theres plenty of 400w hps in cabs i ran 1 for a while worked nice but i only had 20-1/2 inch d 47-3/4 w 4ft to bottom of light. so i had to hang my air cooled hood like your @2 idea. i hung my light in the center of the cab http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=21967&highlight=400+watt+club

chosen

Veteran
I wonder what kind of reflector you're running. I also do vertical when I come down in between plants from time to time. Kind of barrel of green.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Well, it sure baked mine.

Note the inside of the freezer door. Now note the bottom shelf. The inside of that door used to be as white (whiter actually) than that bottom shelf. It's still white because the grow trays and resevoirs blocked the light.

Note also just below half way up how the plastic has cracked away completely exposing the foam insulation underneath.

Of course it took about 12 years in very close proximity with a 150 HPS for that to happen but ... I'm just sayin.

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Maj.PotHead said:
your @2 wont bake the walls lol theres plenty of 400w hps in cabs i ran 1 for a while worked nice but i only had 20-1/2 inch d 47-3/4 w 4ft to bottom of light. so i had to hang my air cooled hood like your @2 idea. i hung my light in the center of the cab http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=21967&highlight=400+watt+club
I wasn't being literal, I just meant there would be an ineffective light distrubution pattern,hitting the sides as opposed to the long axis of the grow. :joint:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Wow, is this the question of the day or what?

See here

This threads over 2 years old, I'm shutting it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.