What's new

Most Efficient Light Orientation?

R3ZIN

I am wondering what the best way to position HPS lamps and my CFLs is. Which of the first two pics would be the best way to put the bulb in relation to the dimensions of the cabinet? The bottom two pics show two different ways of positioning the CFL's also. Which would be best to get the most light from the bulbs and to get it to the plants?

1. First two examples HPS lamp position, which would be better and why?
2. Last two examples are showing different CFL positions with the same question.

Cabinet is about 2ft deep x 3ft long x 4ft high.

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 18

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Lamps throw all light to the sides. Very little light goes aft, they throw a shadow forward. Hung parallel to the short side of the grow allows for a larger footprint with a lower hung lamp.

Tropic

These illustrations explain everything IMO. I find this is a recurrent question, maybe we could have a sticky for this or something? Just suggesting... :joint:

G

Guest 18340

I have two SS2 6" hoods that I'd like to orientate the way FreezerBoy illustrated. Any diagrams for how to cool them? I have a 6" Vortex cooling them right now as they are on in front of another but side by side I imagine I'll need a larger fan to over come all the extra tubing?
I can just about visualize the way the tubing needs to go...