What's new

Bagseeding em again

LatinThug

(EDIT: I brought this post back to life after a 3 month hiatus.....skip to the middle of pg 2 if you just want the state of things after the hiatus, but the first page has some history on it)

Hello all, Ive been around these parts for a while now(used to be wiltedroots but i forgot the login stuff). and was around back in the early days of OG (i left for a while and came back to hell on a website), but never posted a grow before. This is going to be my 4th different growing location in 5 years (moving sucks); 2 closets, 1 basement, and this will be in a box. I have only grown out bagseed (close to around 15 different ones) and 1 known genetic(Marley's Collie).

The 2 previous closet grows all got way too hot and the product wasnt as good as it could of been and the basement grow got too cold at some points. So for this grow im gonna try and get a good stranglehold on the growing conditions.....specifically the temperature.

As of right now i am flat broke, and dont have any supplies to build a box (except a 400W, CFL's, and some screws). But its not going to be that big (2'x3' footprint and 4+ feet of height) and im gonna have to have a cooltube and carbon scrubber (probably run seperate fans).
But this doesnt mean i cant get some things in motion.
As for now i am starting out some seeds. i will probably veg them and take clones off of em that i can throw into the flowering chamber.

I am starting out with 2 different seeds. 1 was found on the buds of plant in the basement grow [* I had alot of hermies for the basement grow so im not sure what pollinated what*]. The plant it came from was very leafy, indica in stature, decent finishing time, and had an overwhelming smell of chocolate and vanilla. The seed is also the only one i found in the whole plant and it was the biggest seed out of all the ones i collected from the basement grow.
The other seed came from a bag of bud my friend got in the Philly, NJ area. The bud wasnt that bad (nothing to write home about), the only problem was it was vacuum sealed so i dont know what its full potential was (it wasnt schwag). It was also the only seed i could spot in the bag and the seed was the biggest one i had in my collection, so i thought why not.
More may come later, but for now i want to start small.
Things may change over the course of the grow depending on what happens (lighting, soil mix, container, etc.)

P.S. It feels good to be back into it :muahaha:

Last edited:

LatinThug

Al right i planted the 2 beans in some 2 liter soda bottles on 9/10. the chocolate seed one broke dirt on 9/13, and the other on 9/15. ( i think im gonna go ahead and just call em A and B just for ease)

Anyway planted em in MG organic soil. and now they are chillin under a CFL
....I need to figure out how to post pics

EDIT: DUhhhhhh

the containers, A in the sprite bottle the soil

B Sprouting

A Sprouting(still has the seed on it)

The veg chamber with a pic of the type of lights......gonna put 3 more CFL's in there soon

Last edited:
G

did you cut that MG organic down with any perlite or anything? i used it for my veggies this year and it seemed really heavy...almost muddy, so i added perlite.

dope_roor

yeah you should definitely add perlite to that mix, the soil needs to be somewhat airy for the roots to develop densely

also, i would cover the sides of your bottle so that no light hits the roots

LatinThug

thanx for support

rkrone: when i was at the store buying soil they didnt have any perlite, and it does kinda worry me. i think im just gonna use em as moms for a little while and clone from em. I usually add perlite and lime to the soil but not having perlite kinda made me blank on the lime, and i really dont want any soil issues in the flower chamber when it is up and running

doperoor: werd, ill wrap something around em

LatinThug

got the veg chamber lights up, a total of 72W and 4900 lumens of output
I figure thatll be good enough to support some moms for a lil bit. gonna get a comp fan to help with the stem and to move air around( i usually leave the door cracked on it), might tape some white paper up later, nothing too defacing to the wood

anyway here they are

B

A

Last edited:

LatinThug

man that soil looks bad.....so much chunky wood....anyway

I figured id show you some of my other gals(guys?)
the big one needs to be repotted soon (ran out of soil when i planted em)
San Pedro

Last edited:

LatinThug

10 days since sprouting

10 days since sprouting

slowly but surely.....im hoping its gonna be a good xmas/new years

LatinThug

update time!!!

first off, F this soil, it contains so many friggin gnats and little white things that seem to love the 2 liters better than the soil (at least they arent on the plant, but i have seen em down in the soil).......once these things grow out enough im gonna have to clone em and scrap these containers and sterilize the soil in my oven

also the containers i put em in were huge (i knew this but o well) i havent watered em in about a week and a half and the containers still seem heavy.
Im gonna continue to lay off the watering for a lil longer cause of the gnats and also because plant A has looked like its been overwatered for the last week. Plant B is moving along just fine....growth at the nodes is starting to develop.
Plant A has the overwatered look to it and the new leaves are a lil burnt at the tip..(i havnt fed them anythiing yet). You can kinda tell in the pic, but not that well

should be getting the materials for the flower box sometime this week and i might pop some more seeds if the growth continues at this snail like pace.

sorry i dont have any good pics.....it is still early and the growth is slow, but the patience will pay off

A on the right, B on the left (notice how poor A looks)

Plant B

Plant A ( can barely see the burnt leaf tip)

K

khaleel

keep fighting the good fight, LT. i am also one who swears by perlite. i do a mix with just a bit more soil than perlite, i started using it just to germinate and clone, but the plants like it so much i'm now using it all the way through. takes a bit more care, but its worth it. anyway, things look good. here's one to ya :joint:

LatinThug

thanks for the support poppin (almost typed poopin :bashhead: )

khaleel: ya, i love perlite just couldnt find any at the home improvement store that day. i feel like the roots love having that stuff in there, and the roots are half of the plant.

as far as the garden goes: since the moisture level in the soil has dropped considerably the amount of gnats and little white things is starting to dissipate.
plant A is looking considerably better since i held off on the watering and allowed the extra water in the soil to be used (there is still alot of weight to it though)
what i originally thought was a burned leaf tip is starting to look more like a nute deficiency cause its starting to occur on the other plant as well
once the soil drys up a lil more im gonna mix up a very small amount of nutes ( all i have is 10-52-10:pointlaug: ) and some lime cause im thinking its either nitrogen(probably not b/c of organic matter) or magnesium.

Also got a new girl to play with. its a clone (not rooted just clipped tonight)
it came off of a friend's indica looking plant about 1 month into flower. ive never tried to clone that late into flower but im hoping it will work out cause
friend said the seeds came from a very nice bag from a festival (so who knows what it is)
but i stuck it into a soil, perlite, lime mix (ive also never tried cloning directly in soil :eek: ....just water) covered the top with perlite to help with the moisture levels and to turn away soil dwelling gnats

so here are pics of her

cant wait till cloning begins in like a week or 2 :bandit:

LatinThug

rkone: definitely did that, woke up this morning to find those two bottom leaves in pretty bad shape, and i had to cut em off(they were just laying lifeless on the perlite) so now its just those two top two leaves and i stuck the top of a 2 liter over it to act as a dome, its a green bottle so i might have to switch to a clear one (i really need to stop drinking soda) to get some light through, but i dont think it needs alot of light just for rooting :confused: ....maybe

G

it doesnt need alot of light but it needs help to retain moisture, she will be fine now.

and clones may not need that much light, but i clone in my mother cab under a 70w hps in a computer and as long as i have a dome over them they root in 10 days or less every time and they love it.

PoppinFresh

LatinThug said:
rkone: definitely did that, woke up this morning to find those two bottom leaves in pretty bad shape, and i had to cut em off(they were just laying lifeless on the perlite) so now its just those two top two leaves and i stuck the top of a 2 liter over it to act as a dome, its a green bottle so i might have to switch to a clear one (i really need to stop drinking soda) to get some light through, but i dont think it needs alot of light just for rooting :confused: ....maybe

if you stop drinking soda you won't have any more potential humidity domes. should start drinkin the stuff in the clear bottles tho lol

LatinThug

ya definitely have to make the switch from sprite to orange soda or something, poppin

well i decided that the containers were a good weight to give em a some water mixed with lime(layed off the nutes cause i dont think that is the problem)
and within about 10 seconds the white things came crawling out of the woodworks(no pun with the MG)......did some research and looked at em really closely and i 95% sure they are symphilids. :cuss:

farg me.....this is my first ever pest (that i know of). so i read up more and decided to go with tobacco juice (semi natural and i have a bunch of cig butts laying around)
gonna let that sit for a day or two, boil it and apply it (boiled because of potentially deadly virus found in tobacco).

man this sucks :cuss: i really hope these root eaters arent causing my plant to start looking like crap, otherwise time is of the essence

G

neem oil......just another tool in the growers arsenal, not sure if it works on what you mentioned though :chin:

PoppinFresh

LatinThug said:
ya definitely have to make the switch from sprite to orange soda or something, poppin

well i decided that the containers were a good weight to give em a some water mixed with lime(layed off the nutes cause i dont think that is the problem)
and within about 10 seconds the white things came crawling out of the woodworks(no pun with the MG)......did some research and looked at em really closely and i 95% sure they are symphilids. :cuss:

farg me.....this is my first ever pest (that i know of). so i read up more and decided to go with tobacco juice (semi natural and i have a bunch of cig butts laying around)
gonna let that sit for a day or two, boil it and apply it (boiled because of potentially deadly virus found in tobacco).

man this sucks :cuss: i really hope these root eaters arent causing my plant to start looking like crap, otherwise time is of the essence

sprite zero, mug's root beer, coca cola, and grape lol

damn im sorry to hear about the symphilids. i hope you're able to destroy them with extreme prejudice. i remember i had one green bug sucking from my stem... it got a well thought out and dedicated ass whooping. lol

LatinThug

been about a week so i figured i would update......although not much is going on right now.....just some eye candy

Plant B.........................Plant A

Side by Side shot

clone with and without dome

Alright.....both plants are on their 5th/6th node....A is definitely alot squater than B.

I watered with a dolomite lime and water mix about 6 days ago and the plants seemed to of love it. I didnt water the next time(about 1 day ago) becuase i was using the tobacco juice to try and get rid of the symphillids. When i watered that time not many came out of Plant A but still a bunch came out of Plant B, so i might have to attempt again if they are not dead the next watering.

The little clone has been under that dome since its day 2 and i checked on it this morning and 1 of the leafs is starting to grow out and i pulled it out to check on roots and i believe it had some(it was dirty and hard to tell), but if that leaf grows a substantial amount by tomorrow im gonna get rid of the dome so it can be free to veg all it wants
:jump:

:rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts