What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I need an bulk hash making method that won't break my back.

N

Neptune

Greetings Hashheads...

I lately have been using the 20gallon bubblebag set, and while this worked for me and turned all my trim to nice bubble... it takes too ****ing long, and is really bad for my health. I can't be lifiting and hositing these bags for days on end... I often get a lot of trim and would like to easily proccess it in one day or less without water.

So, what are my options for bulk hash making?
I have heard something about "Shower Curtain Hash" in the Cannabible3, does anyone have a technique for this? I am down for bulk hash of medium or low quality, when compared to say BHO, or FMCD Bubblehash.

Something like a dry sieve that yeilds a good % return would be excellent.

And the important thing to remember here is size, I have pounds and pounds of trim... I can't feasably proccess all of this in bubblebags, I would be broken in half.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
These work pretty good for weight distribution in lifting. Pulley blocks.

pulleyblocks.jpg

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
IMO a tumbler is going to be the least back breaking but for the amount you have you'll have to shell out some dough for it.

G

Chiefsmokingbud said:
IMO a tumbler is going to be the least back breaking but for the amount you have you'll have to shell out some dough for it.
yes the big scuff box tumbler is the way ,,,ive tried processing kilo's with the bubbleator bags and its still back breaking and very messy ,,get the tumbler its nice an easy ,not quite the same quality but saves your back

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Just had an after thought Neptune. You ever thought of installing a drain fitting on the bottom of your bucket? You can drain most of the water out before pulling bags that way.

ilife

Part 1

Part 1

For large dry-sieving projects you can special order a Pollinator P4 EVER from Mila. This machine can handle as much as you can throw in it for as long as you can throw it. Two man operation, one throwing and one catching. You can adjust the legs on the motor side for different elevations. Raise one end higher so it does not bounce as much, making for a better quality end product.

For large water-extraction projects, sometimes bigger is not better. Meaning you do not always need the 32 gallon set of Water-filteration bags. I prefer to use a large-capacity household washing machine with a 32 gallon trash barrel with a matching lid that you cut a hole in the middle to fit a 5 gallon paint bucket. The 5 gallon paint bucket has the bottom cut-out so that the water can drain through the 5 gallon set of water-filteration bags into the 32 gallon trash can. You add a drain to the 32 gallon trash barrel for easy drainage of the 32 gallon trash can. With this process there is no heavy lifting and one person with some experience can handle the whole operation. With this process you can easily wash 1 to 1.5 kilos in 1.5 hours from the start of setup time to the time the wet resin powder hits the drying rack.

Or you can use multiple mini-washers.

Part 1

iLiFE

G

Dam ilife thats the way to make keif hash that would last me at least one year :O.

N

Neptune

that is exactly what I was looking for... thanks ilife. How is the cleaning of these machines? I didn't know they were made pre-fab, I will look around.

Cheif, good idea about the drain. I was actually contemplating how I would setup a washing machine to do the beating, but looks like ilife has it worked out.

nice!

N

Neptune

all those buds damn ilife...!!

that is very professional, I like your style...k+!!

THC4SIM

Hey Ilife, your really living it up down there in spain,
your posts are always amazing, or at least what youve got to contribute!!

G

wow....thanks ilife.....i have to go get me one of those!

yeeeeehawwwwwww!

C

Chamba

very impressive as usual ilife!..it must be wonderful for live in a country where not only the police have better things to do than invading your home looking for cannabis, the general consensus is that they do not have the right to poke their noses in your home!..what an excellent way to live!

another way to process large amounts fairly quickly is to run it through a large screen Morroccan style then run the rough kif through a set of bubble bags or tumbler...that way you are not trying to process lots kilos of herb through the bags, just lots of ounces of dry sifted resin and debris...but that's more a way to get quantity rather than quality

but then again, if you are processing lots of kilos of bud and trim, the hash will probably be sold, so it's best to go for quantity as for example 3 kilos of good hash (as good or better than most commercial imported hash) will sell for more than eg 1.5 kilos of the very best hash...but then again better quality hash or bud sells so much faster.

Last edited: