What's new

Did I FIM correctly?

G

Well I am new to this whole fim thing, I have topped, LST'd and pinched (super crop) but I am 100% FIM NOOB. My Luna AK-47 X Skunk 1 freebie got the test today if I did it right I will do my straw d's but had to take it slow with 12$ beans! It is around 7/8 nodes and has a couple preflowers comming in so I thought it was time... Lunas cross seems to be doing great though... hopefully I did this right... if someone can concur or tell me I didn't just screw it up that would be nice, thnx <3 :smoke: :D

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Theres not really a wrong way to FIM. Its called FIM (Fuck I Missed) for a reason! Much shorter than that and its just topping. Good job, looks good. Nice clear pics too. Dont forget to trim lower foliage after they recover and the branches start growing upward.

toohighmf

Veteran
FIM

FIM

from what I have read and seen w/o actually "F.I.M"ing myself, I would say that looks about perfect. the nodes from the side growth are at equal points, and you cut right through the concentration of nodes. please give us pic a week from now w an update. I have done some pretty extreme training, topping, and bend snapping, LST... But FIM is new to me and I'm sure we can all learn a lot from someone doing it and documenting it. Hope I'm not asking too much. your plants look healthy and thats a good sign. I'm watchin :lurk:

Piffington

That's how I FIM, sometimes juts a little bit shorter but that should work just great. Hope you get 4+ new tops :headbange

pumpkin2006

A little off the subject, but I'm curious why people don't just supercrop? As it seems the most logical, with FIM closely behind it. You don't lose any plant mass and its the same effect... :2cents:

Looks good bro!

V

Verger OG

These pictures are really helpful!

I feel more confident now as I am ready to FIM.

I think you were supposed to cut a little lower to where you will cut the small TIPS of the little nodes that are growing. They seem to be not cut. Here is a GREAT guide to TOP and FIM. Hope that helps! Actually I KNOW it will HELP! ;)

EDIT: Actually you might of did it correctly. Just read this and it will help.
ALSO, GO TO PAGE 2, there is another diagram that is VERY HELPFUL!!!!
http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/122559-how-fimming-topping-made-easy.html

Last edited:
G

my last crop was FIMed, colas as large in diameter as the pots...real interesting.

Mrpiston38

here is how i fem and its best to fem in the veg state. I fem when the plant has about 4-5 sets of leaves.
last grow right befor i fimmed

2days after fimming. i take a little more off them you did but to the same affect.

5 days later starting to train with lst

2 weeks later little bushes starting to form

and right before the switch 3 weeks after fimming hope this helps

this is 1 of 3 plants growing right now. She is a Blueberry plant from seed and she got toped 2 weeks ago and she exploded once i tied her up.

each plant is different and you should do some reshearch and find out what your porticular plant likes/dislikes and go from there also remember there isnt one clear better choice. you should try them both and see what you like doing better and what creates better yealds for you..

Mr.p

JWP

Everyone is saying it looks ok but i think the cut needs to be a lil bit lower in the middle. I'd bet a cola or two that it comes up as just one shoot with some deformed leaves from the cut. **** you missed bro lol
I wonder if Kinderfeld will come back with a new name and let us know how it went