What's new

Neptune's Breakdown

N

Neptune

Hey folks!
I got a little crazy and did some reconstruction. My room is 14x8x8, and I thought I should make better use of it after seeing what other folks are doing with similar and even smaller rooms around the forums. So after the previous harvest I got busy with a clipboard.

I removed all the plastic walls that aided in 'sealing' my room for CO2 enrichment and AC efficiency. so, there will be no more CO2 in this room until Winter... too damn hot in summer.
9807recon1.JPG

I also put this Sulfer burner on a timer, It's vaporizing like a mofo. daily for 6 hours, since day 0... won't have PM again I hope!
9807recon2.JPG

did some DIY E&F for the trial of the 1000w Lumatek..
9807Lumatek1kw.JPG

9807ebb_grow1.JPG

Got the babies in the tables. Left side is my usual Rockwool style: 4" cubes on slabs (lucas formula). Right side is 2gal perfect pots with canna coco, 10PBP+3calmag/gal.

Day 1veg SR71 Purple Kush, SR71 Hindu skunk
98077veg1.JPG

Day17veg

Purple Kush, ~ 6-8"
98077PKveg17.JPG

Hindu Skunk, ~ 14-15"
98077HKveg17.JPG

And the new part of my room... DIY Ebb&Grow w/ 1000w Lumatek, and a 600w Verticle Organic.
98077newveg17.JPG

So, the point of this run here is to find a better system than Rockwool slabs. Rockwool is a very good medium for pros and newbs alike, it is extremely stable and very forgiving.. It's almost like growing in soil really.. but it is totally non recyclable or reuseable. I don't like throwing rockwool away after 1 crop, esp when It is waterlogged and weighs a ton. So, I am experimenting with 3 different styles this grow, and as many base nutrients: Coco pots topdrip(PBP+calmag), Ebb&Grow(FloraNova Bloom), and my first ever Verticle lighting(organic). Whatever works the best will probably get put to use down the road. I am really liking the Ebb&Grow, seems amazing so far.

stick around, we're just getting started!!

Last edited:
G

wow neptune, your grows never cease to amaze me. good luck with the new set-up man! i looooovvvvvvve that strain selection by the way, gotta make sur ethe haze base is covered! :yummy:

N

Neptune

yup!! Strains in this mix are as follows:

SR71 Purple Kush
SR71 Hindu skunk
SR71 Mystery(??)
Pot of Gold
Salmon Creek Bigbud
Bubba Dutch SSH
Arcata Trainwreck
Nexus No.4

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow neptune nice setup man....Nways i'm happy i'm in time now...looks like its already going realy nice overthere...i'm tagging this my friend :wave:...
but i see you have all 4 ballasts in the room...is't that making the room 2 hot?

N

Neptune

Core,

There are 6 ballasts in this room. If'n I could move them outside or someplace else, I would.. Any ideas? I guess I would need an ultra long lamp cord? I'm running about +19F from outside air temperatures with 4000 bloom watts. Fortunatly, my night time temps are usually ~60F in the summertime, making my room 78-80F without AC. Lower would be better, as there is no CO2 in this room.

G

Beautiful setup Neptune! I love the little experiments. Should be a little challenging, but fun as hell. Can't wait to see how they turn out. How much longer you thinking about vegging? Best of luck homie. :rasta:

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
nice, I'm experimenting right now myself too. I've got an ebb & flow veg room, waterfarm with hydroton in flowering and I'm adding 2 3x2 ebb & flow tables to flowering today too. I'm using the PBP+Cal Mag too, with a bit of EJ Meta-K

Shit, I had to do a complete rebuild and redesign of my soil room too yesterday. Boy have we been busy men lately...

Can't wait to see how your experiment goes. I've been curious about coco.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
6 ballast ...thats why you having temp issues i think...dont you have a wall on the other side ...and drill holes for the cords...dont wanne bud in with ya grow or something....just read that you had temp issues a few ago....could be you temps drop more then 5°C if you put'm 6 ballasts outside the room ...if not more...:2cents:

Last edited:

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
the garden is looking excellent Neptune, and i really am digging your set up. The Pk from Sr71 is some nice smoke, and i am curious to see how the hindu kush x skunk i got from there are going to do. I will be watching as things progress for you in the garden and best wishes with this round :joint:

meduser180056

Sweet space!

Damn showing that side by side of the PK and the HK is making me want to drop the PK. I've been doing nothing but PK for a year now and I forget how slow it is when I have nothing to compare it to. Think I'm gonna go for the Ody or that HK or something instead this time.

My prediction is the coco pots will perform the best.

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lookin real good player... Pimpin aint easy, but its possible. We're lucky to have someone like you to do all this experimenting. Thanks for that. The strain selection should be interesting to watch. Keep up the fine work.
I was wondering how many plants per slab you run? We average 4-5 per slab, but they are seperated into individual slab chunks. Like, we knife them into 4-5 seperate pieces. Takes up alot more room, but air circulation throughout is good. Starting a 18-26" SCBB and BDSSH makes for a large 3-5 oz mf after 63 days. It's a no brainer.
Once again , keep it up and I always wish you much luck and love. Pace

MID TOWN

Glad to see ya postin updates again. I think youll like the buckets best out of those systems but well just have to wait and see. :rasta:

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Everyone seems to do aircooled lights, why not isolate your ballasts, add another fan and some tubing and have it exhaust outside your room?

stretchpup

Nice greenthumbs Neptune. Good work on the room. Do you spend a lot of time in there tweaking things or once it's running it runs?

N

Neptune

stretchpup, Becuase I added so many new components to this room, I was in here around the clock for the first 2 weeks- monitoring the life systems of the room, taking notes, measurements, moisture levels.. etc. Now that I have a good understanding of each new system and the diagnostics of the room, it will just run by itself with minor maintenence, as is the case with previous crops. Previously I have spent maybe 3 hours a week working. I suspect it will be slightly more than that, but not much more.. Res changes are the biggest time sink, and I do those every 2 weeks, not every week... this is possible due to the oversized reservoirs (70gal for a 3x6 table).

ixnay007 and Core Of course a great idea that has crossed my mind, except where to locate the ballast "lung" box? Every sq. ft. of my room is being used for flowering right now, the ballasts are anchored to the walls with good airflow around them. My current solution to lower the temps is that I will eventually hook the 1kw Lumatek to a 6" 600cfm fan to really aid in the removal of growroom heat. The intake for the 6" will be at the ceiling connected to a carbon scrubber, and just dump the air outside... creating negative pressure so that fresh cool(60F) air flows into the room from the various cracks/leaks.

midtown good to hear from ya buddy, the buckets will definatly be kicking ass when dialed in. This run I am not so sure of, but I am doing my best to learn as fast as they grow!! :p

dimebag and meduser, The SR71 PK by my notes is slower than the GDP, so I don't know if she has a future with me...the SR71 HKxSK is amazing. The pics say it all... from wee little clone to 15" giants in 17 days, totally blowing away my best veggers. Talk about vigor on the Hindu Skunk!! I removed a lot of branches on the HKSK before the flip, but will have to remove some more soon, they are explosive in this coco.

Berk Hey brothaman!!! Great to hear from you buddy, It's going to be a wild ride over here for sure so catch this wave!! Regarding the rockwool, I place three 4" cubes on each 12"x36" slab spaced 9" apart for a total of 18 plants on a 3x6 table, or 9 per 600w light.. I have not tried more than this, but another rockwool Guru (krowmobe) has tried varying numbers and says 9 per 600w light is just as good as more, with proper veg times for canopy fillage(10-14 days). the SCBB/BDSSH/HK/SK/POG are all ready to be flipped after just 10 days of veg, but the damn purples need another 7+ days... so they all have to veg the extra... and I end up having to hack and slash at the 'green buds' to get them to behave. The SCBB is a B52 of strains man, just totally huge AND dank!! I had a 4 ouncer, a couple 3 ouncers, and some 2.5 ouncers last crop, even with all that PM and breaking branches... 18.5 from a 600 is my very best to date. the BDSSH was a close second(16.5), and she resisted the PM better! I am stoked to watch these two blow some shit up in the 5 gallon pots, and in the E&G.

TMBallllllzzz hehe what's up mayn! Good to experiment and flex the thumb, always!

Krome wont be long till we see some Beastly Eastly ladies in here... really cannot wait to fire up the Blockhead and Triangle.. holy fucking shit... it's a dinosaur!!!

and a Hey what's up to slips, purplegrimace and aeric!! Thanks for the words dudes!

phew' there goes the morning, off to work!
Will get some week 1 bloom shots in a bit!
:wave:

hey there nept :wave:
nice to finally see one of your grows. yea i feel ya on the rockwool too bad its not reusable. I am thinkin of doing a coco grow as well because of the great results i have seen from some of the spanish growers on here.

happy growing :D :D

boris

Latest posts

Latest posts