What's new

72 plant vertical cage! UK GROW!!!

mr cheese

well iv been lurking in the background for a few weeks now so i fort it was about time i introduced myself properly and show ya all my pride and joy!

bit about me, dont worry it"ll be quick,lol
well im not spring chicken anymore, got to the grand old age of 29 the other day! arrrrrrr the dreaded 30 next! lol
been growing our beloved herb for the last decade now here in the uk.
like most people i sarted with good old soil but soon found the bennefiys of hydro! my first hydro was dwc which i was amazed with, 1st run netted me a plant with 7 oz dry! compaired to the 1 1/2 oz from the same strain in soil! yer yer i know soils tastier but hey i am in england and with the crazy laws over here we need to produce a much a possible in a little a time as possible. but saying that the tastiest weed iv produced to date was grown in diced rockwool!

talking of our stupid laws things seem to be getting worse by the day! they ( pigs) have even brought out a held help heat seeker to snuff out grow ops! they just walk down roads pointing this thing at houses to see if theirs enuf heat to warrant a search! been closing down 3-4 a day latley! not good.

anyways onto the system, now let me appoligise in advance if i go on about my system but i just love it! and its all made by my very hands!

its basicaly an improved version of the cage system by ddoc.
i use 6 inc sewer tee-pices to creat 12 columes of 6 plants in each.
the main advantage over the original cage is its in 2 halfs so you can pull it apart to get more room or to tend to the plants.
its also a hell lot bigger than the cage,its a 12ft circle and around 6ft highnot including the base, on average im pulling 1- 1 1/2 oz per plant using 4 400 hps.
the plants are feed via 4mm tubing at the top of each colume 3 times a day for 5 min a time.
the lighst are housed in a giant 5ft cool tube with a 6inc fan blowing cool air from outside past the bulbs into the loft space.
for odour and temps i use 8inc fan n filter with 6inc for intake.
i also have a 12.000 btu split air con for the summer months, i have tried the sealed room using cos gen that all you guys seem to like but i got the same results with in/out fans without co2 so went back to it, why fix wat aint broke ay! so now the ac is for cooling in summer, altho i havent had to use it of late, temps stay steady 74f with my fans.

the nutes of cours are the advanced 3 part with a few select additives like big bud, carbo, sensi zym, mother earth, humic/fulvic. i dont use the whole range as i dont belive some of the stuff does anything.

the strain in these pics is also my own creation, its bubblegum male crossed with ukcheese then bx 4 times to the cheese.

anyways thats enuf reading for ya all me thinks,lol heres my beloved system in full bloom! this is the last run i did with it.

the build

clones being transplanted into cage
http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/24690post-6189-1146862257_thumb-thumb.jpg

Last edited:

mr cheese

as this is the last run with the cage some pics may not be in order, im trying but you know whatg its like,lol
these shots are from around 3 weeks 12/12.....i know they look crystely for only 3 weeks but trust me this strain is insanley resinus, and bloody quick to start aswell! i do the full 36hrs dark be 12/12 aswell which helps a lot.
iv had this strain done in 6 1/2 weeks! but that was a one off, nothing at all went wrong, no yellow leaves at all, no stress what so ever, the norm is 8 weeks flower

mr cheese

altho i do say it myself this is one of the best strain i and all the people who have tried it have had in years! for those that have had the good fortune to rty the original ukcheese youl know that heavy, overpowering dank smell she gives off, well my bubblegum x cheese has the dank smell of cheese but with a more fruity undertone, the bubblegum realy shines thro, again with the taste, she retains the moth watering cheese taste but more fruity on the pallet, its one of those weeds you just cant stop smoking! even when youv has enuf you find yourself reaching for the bong for another taste!

ill freely admit its not the strongest smoke iv ever had but the smell and taste more than make up for it.
im working with a well known breeder right now to try and produce some seeds to preserve the strain and to bring it to the masses! honestly its somethig special, ill be in the dam late july to showcase it to a few select coffeshop owner so if any of you lot our out their then let me know! :rasta:

mr cheese

skunk1 bubbler

skunk1 bubbler

heres the plant that netted me 7 oz dry! how ill never know cuz boy did i miss treat her! the plant was originaly in soil but i wanted to try dwc so i took one plant to the sink n washed off all the soil from the roots then just dumped her into the bubbler! no pot or medium, just held her up with some cardboard lol....she must of like it tho! 7 oz dry aint bad ay! skunk1

edit to add, she was only grown under 1 400watt hps! with 3 other soiles next to her! crazy or wat

Last edited:

mr cheese

Chiefsmokingbud said:
awesome pics, so this is the last grow in the cage, why?

cheers mate i do me best! :rasta:

nar i didnt mean its the last run with the cage i ment the pics are from the last run(crop) from the cage. sorry my bad it does read that way.
theis no way the cage is going into retirment just yet! well not for a good few yrs! its the best system iv grown in todate and iv tired a few!
the bulbs get used so much more efficently this way, the last run i got 65 oz dry from 4 400hps! now that aint bad is it! and that was with only 58 plants! the system can hold 72!

im doing a 30 bubbler gorw at the min, just fancied doing a flat grow for a change and boy do i regret it! talk about hard work! with my cage it takes no longer than 1 hr a day to do res and tend to plants!

heres few pics from the 30 bubbler grow using 4 600 hps, all these pics are one plant! one of my old mothers, shes more than 3ft wide now! lol :jump:

M

medical_shed

Amazing stuff Mr Cheese, good to see you round here.

Keep up the good work.

G

guest5703

this looks sick bro, my GF wanted to see how big the pot was holding that huge mother of urs....Well I'll be around PEACE bro

mr cheese

caligreen said:
this looks sick bro, my GF wanted to see how big the pot was holding that huge mother of urs....Well I'll be around PEACE bro

no probs mate, il do anyfink for the ladys! hahaha
youl have to forgive the branch i accidentily snaped! bloody fell over didnt i like a donut! :nono: n clean snaped a big branch off! good job realy cuz boy does she take up some room! its in a 20ltr bucket

mr cheese

medical_shed said:
Amazing stuff Mr Cheese, good to see you round here.

Keep up the good work.

nice one mate, glad to be part of things round here, seems like theirs some good lads on here.

cheers $pk

iv got other strains in my collection, currently working with sensi star x chronic, kali mist x chronic, pog, the hog, bubblegum, white russan x chronic, la confidential x haze, uk cheese, bubbledust from growdoc, uk cheese x danny boy and of cours my bubblegum x cheese, so yea just a few,lol

da-2B

hey mr cheese

awesome pics and what about this big mamma :eek:
and yes dwc kicks ass :joint:

keep on groin
piece

HashishinReidi

Very nice set up you have got going there mr cheese ,top looking buds . And s very nice choice of strains to m8. You are not wrong ,about what you was saying about how things are getting here , Its just getting mad .

Blackmelo

hi mr cheese,
love the system you have built yourself.

Amazing results by the sounds of things too and it looks easy to build.

I can understand why your temps aren't too bad this year but unfortunately that is not a good thing. Worst summer I have ever experienced here this year. It's a bit annoying.

Anyway, thx for showing me your grow. I hope you don't mind if I ask a couple questions about it.

What are the plants potted in? It looks a bit like rockwool..
Do you have the water flowering down the columns freely and if so, how does the potting medium absorb the water, do you use a wick system or something?

And also, do you need to tie your plants up in floweing cause I'm sure you would have to.

Cheers

mr cheese

Blackmelo said:
hi mr cheese,
love the system you have built yourself.

Amazing results by the sounds of things too and it looks easy to build.

I can understand why your temps aren't too bad this year but unfortunately that is not a good thing. Worst summer I have ever experienced here this year. It's a bit annoying.

Anyway, thx for showing me your grow. I hope you don't mind if I ask a couple questions about it.

What are the plants potted in? It looks a bit like rockwool..
Do you have the water flowering down the columns freely and if so, how does the potting medium absorb the water, do you use a wick system or something?

And also, do you need to tie your plants up in floweing cause I'm sure you would have to.

Cheers

cheers for all the comments guys, will reply fully wen i get back from grow hous.

yer the whole system is filled with diced rockwool, around 230ltrs worth!
you can do full areo or just use pots n drip feed more often but i just like the ease of rockwool as i only feed 3 times a day and if the pump fails i have at least a day befor the plants start to wilt. tried areo once and had a pump failur, by time i got their most of the crop was daed! so rockwool is my choice. not to mention iv got the best tasting bud from it!.....nice 1....mrc

p.s yer each colum has a 4mm pice of pipe coming from a 13mm pipe that feeds the plants

mr cheese

HashishinReidi said:
Very nice set up you have got going there mr cheese ,top looking buds . And s very nice choice of strains to m8. You are not wrong ,about what you was saying about how things are getting here , Its just getting mad .

safe mate, thanks for stoping by.....your not wrong! things are getting silly in the uk! if its not the old bill knocking down ur door its bloody burglers!
i know of at least 2 so called gangs in my area that just drive around purly looking for grow ops to rob!
iv even been burgled myself but found out it was some little smack head who had just moved in round the corner from my grow hous! checky little shit even tried to do my next door neioghbour 3 days later! littleshit had been doing all the local houses to buy his smack!
defo wasnt for the grow as they only took 3rd of the crop but still had to pull down the grow op which had been up and running for 3 years without any propbs!!!! bloody smack heads! hate em! :fsu: