What's new

WHAT ORGANIC NUTES ARE BEST FOR HYDRO?

UNREGISTRD

Nice to see a organic hydro thread! been doing alot of research on organic the past couple years and think its finally time the switch is made..havent done it yet cause didnt know if its possible to go 100% organic with HYDRO!! I see that it is or atleast damb close to it!!
CUrrently run Ebb/flow setup with GH nutes in Rockwool.. THe plan is to switch to organic nutes!
The question is what organic nutes work best with rockwool???
So will setup be 100% organic if i switch to organic nutes??? :confused:
I dont plan on changing my medium for it works great for me and there is NO MESS. that is the bread taker for me with the rockwool. I cant stand a mess of hydroton balls all over the place!
So my SEARCH button has given me the Pure blend pro is probably going to be my best bet?? I see its a stand alone product GROW and BLOOM.. and to use Hydroplex for a suupplement! Will that be all i need with my setup??
:confused:

And has anyone tried the GH organic Line???

G

I haven't tried the GH organic line. Right now I am running the PBP line. Most people run at least Liquid Karma along with it. I would also recommend Sweet. If nothing else it will make your buds taste better than ever. If you are using R/O water or happen to have low PPM water. Then you will also need Cal-Mag. I also run hydrogaurd.
I know its alot of additives. But with PBP a little goes along way when you have all the additives. just my :twocent:

OPG

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Give me the Biotanicare Line and I'm good. I use most of it, Pure Blend Pro,Cal-Mag,Hydroplex,Silica Blast & Liquid Karma. Now imo their ph up and down is not worth the cost but everything else is like I always say Goober Proof.

My Penny
Mr.Wags

Equipment Junki

I use:

Companion to prevent pythium from cuttings into rockwool at 1 oz per gallon then less at each res change.

Oxygenate your res with high volume air pump and air stone.

B'Cuzz Hydro Part A and B

B'Cuzz Root, Growth and Bloom and PK1314 at recommended dosage.

Hygrozyme at 8ml per gallon.

American Agritech pH low (down) which is citric acid and hydrochloric acid for pH down.

Humboldt Flower Products OGA and OGB and their Bio-Stimulator at 1 mil per gallon, but good luck finding it out side of Mendo or Humboldt.

Humboldt Flower Products Bio-Stimulator is a beneficial bacteria, that also works as a spot spray foliar for powerdy mildew / grey mold.

Keep it simple and watch the color of the leaves.

UNREGISTRD

mrwags said:
Give me the Biotanicare Line and I'm good. I use most of it, Pure Blend Pro,Cal-Mag,Hydroplex,Silica Blast & Liquid Karma. Now imo their ph up and down is not worth the cost but everything else is like I always say Goober Proof.

My Penny
Mr.Wags

aight then botanicare it is!! should be making the full conver within a couple weeks as soon as all these other nutes are gone!
going to start off with PBPB, calmag, hydroplex, :woohoo:
any suggestions? im also thinkging going coco as a medium? :confused:

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PLEASE get the Liquid Karma as well. It is by far the BEST additive in my stock.

Mr.Wags

D

dankiestog

AN orangics...all day everyday... all 15 products doesnt get any better ask the drs. its a little more cash ..but worth it...

G

With the relatively recent green movement the concept of "Organic" food production rings louder and louder every day. "Organic" guidelines generally prohibit the use of any refined chemicals in food production. The result is fertilizers derived from compost and animal waste.

Naturally people want to try to apply these principles to hydroponics in the form of a teas made from compost and other natural ingredients. This seems logical but the result is counter productive when used in a hydroponics environment. To understand why, we must first understand what nutrients are and how they are absorbed by plants.

Plants rely upon sixteen basic chemical elements for food - Nitrogen, Potassium, Phosphorus, Calcium, Hydrogen, and Oxygen are just a few. These elements must be in a form that can be absorbed by a plant. This form is a chemical salt - a very basic chemical compound containing one of the sixteen elements and a complementary element that forms a salt. These "elemental" salts are what is absorbed from the soil by a plant's root sysetm. To be perfectly clear here - it is salts and only salts that a plat absorbs, nothing else.

So, the big question is - In the natural"organic" cycle of things how do these chemical salts get into the soil? Let's start with organic material (compost) and follow it to absorption by the plant. A bit of compost contains complex organic chemical chains that contain the elements for the chemical salts that eventually will be absorbed by a plant. At this point these complex chemicals cannot be used by a plant. When the compost gets mixed into the soil it starts to be acted upon by soil born bacteria. This bacteria is what breaks the organic material down into the chemical salts that can be used by plants.

jerseydro

ive heard botinic care

ive heard botinic care

:joint: i just started my first hydro grow i was told by a good grow friend to use botanicare pure blend pro he swears by it says its the best worth the extra $ im smokin some of his nugs now and i clearly see why really really really tastey g13-haze i started 10 seeds of hawaiian snow in rockwool and hydrotron with a 600w mh light on sun with a very weak solution and 4 days later 8 seedlings and the other to seeds cracked and are about to break through i cant tell you how well its works from personal use yet but its what i chose to use good luck in your choice wish you alot of sucess and a great harvest :yummy:

G

Hey UNRGISTERD - I've heard using bacteria in rockwool wreaks havoc on pH. It can fluctuate pretty badly. For me going organics also means relying on bacteria in the system. I'm currently using GH chemmie and am not interested in attempting organic in rockwool so looking at other mediums/hydro methods.

For whatever it's worth.

G

hydro organics is silly from a scientific point of view...organics is about the soil...plain and simple..in hydro organics is messy and nasty if its truly organic hydro to begin with...synthesized fish fert is not organic no matter what the label says lots are not

hogwild

i use maxsea 16-16-16 1 tbsp epsom per gallon along with molasses, worm castings/ compost tea, And as always guano towards the end of it all. Seems to work well and its not all that expensive.

D

dankiestog

well.. im not a plant master...but my product allways taste better when i go organic...then my GH treatment...and yeild has went up when i do a mix of organic and GH...i can see where unicorn is coming from..but i still feel that organics work well in hydro..but not if your makeing a 40 gal res...noting worse then the salt bulid up in the res ..thanks

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
unicorn said:
hydro organics is silly from a scientific point of view...organics is about the soil...plain and simple..in hydro organics is messy and nasty if its truly organic hydro to begin with...synthesized fish fert is not organic no matter what the label says lots are not

It is sad to say but I gotta agree with part of what you are saying unicorn. Truly organic using PBP not really but damn close I guess. I myself mix a big rez and as far as the mess goes not really the Liquid Karma will settle at the bottom if ya don't keep it mixed real good but other than that organic or not it's damn hard to beat the yields I get with my buckets but also say the one's I flower out in BOB using the soil mix does seem to have a little bit more soul in the taste flavor and the high not by much mind you but a true head can sense it.

Apples and oranges I guess, I just wanted to give ya props unicorn for taking a stand.

Happy Growing
Mr.Wags

G

im going to try growing with the lucas formula until the final 2 weeks with one of my kali-mist...then im going to flush and add a organic tea and see if there is any difference in taste...just so you know my grass already taste fantastic...and science is why

mtnjohn

Veteran
hey unicorn......thats almost exactly what i have been thinking of doing

my thought was for an 8 week strain ........to run my regular program
(AN sensiblooma&b, big bud,carboload,sweetleaf)for 5 weeks then switch
to ...i was thinking about metanaturals bloom 1-5-5 for 2 weeks and then flush for a week or so.

it sounds good and im sure it would improve taste, but im leary of trying anything new so im draggin my feet on this

Last edited:

Playaction

Botanicare Products are Nice

Botanicare Products are Nice

Great Results with Pure Blend Pro Soil and Liquid Karma in Promix and Coco/Hydroton... Kinda hard to overfeed...

PBP Soil can stand alone... but given a stable environment additives speed up things

Aromas and Taste are Great!

G

I use PBP grow and bloom, karma, sweet, calmag+, hygrozyme , hydroguard, subculture and green fuse...

If you want a good organic chem mix.. it makes more sense to get a good dialed in organic nute schedule then add the chem ferts when it counts .. On top of the organic ferts.. for example.. when i tried that route.. I just added kool bloom liquid 5ml per gallon on top of the PBP feeding schedule.. from week 3-6 or 7 .. Then flush.. you get the best of both worlds.. But it still does'nt taste as good as straight organically grown fruit.