What's new

The Roadkill Skunk Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

OG bub

~Cannabis-Resinous~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think I may call a RKS as my next HTC project.

Ive come across a couple samples recently, that indeed fit the bill.. time will tell of course, as will testers...

asfor everyone else on the hunt, right on, enjoy, and good grows!

lets get it out there!

Peace, bub.

BloodyBill

Alright guys i think i have it. I obtained a supposed roadkill Sk, or old school sk as it was refered to me. It's clone only grown by a local grower who claims he's had this since the 80's.

I did not get to see a flowering plant. But i did get to smoke the finished product. All i can say is that it for sure has the old taste of sk. Very thick heavy smoke that coats the tounge and throat. No sweetness, no floral flavor, tastes just like the old sk.

The dried herb has a very distinct skunky smell as well. What i saw was not uber stinky, but he says it's from last falls crop.

I'm gonna give it a run, and if it pans out i'll be more than willing to share some cuts out.

G

SmokeAnother said:
Very interesting thread. Wondering where the Gonzo#2 seeds which produce this so called RKS are at? Anyone know an ETA?

Don't expect much from an untested polyhybrid. I am growing Gonzo #1 right now and they aren't that stinky, yet. Look a lot like skunk #1.

elkslayer

REZDOG said:
Factoid:
Gonzo#1 (Skunk#1/Basic5/William's Wonder) is loaded with RKS phenotypic expressions/variations.

Well having grown the RKS in the late eighties, I would agree only in that the genetics of RKS are in that population. Problem is the quote elite cuts you used in this cross were saved/selected over the years for yield, well at least the WW cut was. The best pheno's of WW and SK1 back then were low yielding lime green true skunk strains with very few red/orange hairs. I know this because I an friends grew the stuff back then. I was a newbie back then and still remember these strains as well as NorCal purple Kush as the best and still best weed's I have ever grown/smoked. Anyone ever gone to a Dead Show in the metro detroit area in/around 89 would have smelled this stuff as it was everywhere around Lansing Michigan. I always theorized that the folks affiliated with an early grow store in East Lansing brought the stuff from Cali and wherehoused it in a state/college town where indoor bud was in its basic infancy. In fact I still remeber the day when my buddy bought a $30/eighth of willams wonder and we smoked it in my dorm room (10/88). It was at that point our wheel's turned and well, I have grown a plant er two in my time.

I grew out 15 gonzo beans ya gifted me, thanks again for the opportunity, and didn't find any hint of the RKS. Perhaps if you were too F2 the population with many males and ran 100's of seeds, it could be found. As again the skunk pheno is in their just at a miniscule percentage of the population.

I am no expert, but with what little I have done thus far, I would say your best bet would be working with Cheese. Another remote possibility is Shanti's G13SK. He gifted me testers a while back and one cross I did with SourD, yielded some pheno's that were quite skunky when friends ran them outdoors. Stranger yet the lone male I used was that ultra lanky, massive fan pheno of SK1 that I alwys attributed to the "sweet" pheno which was so often used and perhaps still is.

Shanti if you read this and happen to nail cheese with a better more squat version of the SK leaning male in the GSK ya got, I would be more than happy to test em for ya. :)

Anyway, enough rambling. Good Luck to everyone in their quest(s)

ES

Last edited:
G

I personally grew out a pack of Rezs' first generation Basic D
(which was an ecsd X m39 X ecsd cross, I think.)

It had three absolutly skunk piss phenos (F). and the other two were skunky diesil
all chokingly thick. powerfull neandertal stone reminisant of a migraine....
tasted of burning rubber....
big leafy yeald....
I bred with it because of the shocking skunk smell, but not for the taste.
it has some herm issues

my dog me and my laptop were suprised by a skunk last month upon getting out of our car when arriving home. showers with tomatoe sauce, etc....

I dont know if williams wonder has anything to do with skunk, but I garunteeee m39xSD is in the freekin right direction....

M39 (Skunk#1/Basic (NL)

purpleplayer007

elkslayer thats a trip this one club out here in the bay used to get that roadkill williams wonder. This was around 2002 I'm pretty sure their in sacramento now. I heard they get a lot of their bud from humboldt so that might be where the clones are at. Lime green dense sticky smelled and tasted like concentrated skunk. I think one of the dudes that worked was or still is a member on here or weedtracker . I never posted that I though ww was the roadkill cuz it seemed like everyone that grew it on here from seed said it smelled fruity or some shit.

Last edited:
G

gonzo #1 was not it for me....

Cheese may have a pheno or two that qualify, cause the smell is surely the strongest in my garden. ALways, and the other strains are no slackers.....

The original Cheese pheno that I am working with is stinky as can be, but not skunky.

I have a pheno or two going now that may fit the bill, instead of spiky buds, they are bulkier and rounded at the ends with long, long white hairs, not finished yet... Quite a bit different than the Cheese pheno I have had for 3 years. Is that what the "Skunk" would look like...?

Bulky buds with long pistils, and more batlike, instead of spear-shaped..?

Last edited:

elkslayer

Hey icey

The nugs were the shape of say BubbaK, ultra lime green, with very and I mean very few pistils. The pistils weren't that long either. I am certain I have an old pic someowhere if I ever find all my college nostalgia. Problem is it wouldn't be digital and the boxes are somehwere in storage at my folks place.

The only reason I mention cheese, is the way it throws shoots is very like the old SK1 which had the coveted pheno. I think hothouse flowers selfed cheese. That would be the quickest way to discern if it was in there if say 100 selfed cheese seeds were run to completion.

Anyway, outdoor cheese takes on more of that skunky/funk smell than it does indoor, in my hands anyway.

Cheers

ES

Mr.M

XXI
ICMag Donor
I just read this entire thread and I hope someone is lucky enough to find and stabilize the RKS. I remember the super skunky herb going around TX in the mid to late eighties that was unmistakable. I actually had some seeds from this herb stashed back in 88-89, but lost them. Anytime I smell an actual skunk my mind immediately recalls this herb. Ahh....what a great smell.
Peace, Mr.M

HIGHINSP

i met some cats at work the other day...from flordia who claimed to have skunk...any one from flordia???im in cali...high

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
I got some Deep Skunk 9 beans any chance of a raod kill pheno Type in those? Dont no too much about them

Jnugg

Veteran
I love that classic and very distinct dead roadside skunky smell...haven't seen buds like that round my parts since the early/mid 90's.Used to get skunk#1 around here alot back then.

LORD BENIS

Wow, I would think Cali would be the place to search. Try the Deep Skunks out man, you never know what you may find.

C'mon ya'll, I know there's more skunk lovers here on IC. Let's bring that real deal skunk back, or will someone please fill me in. I feel I may just be in the dark on this whole roadkill skunk strain. What's a good skunky (not sweet/fruity/etc.) variety of pot?!?!?!?!?

G

yes the elusive RKS..........have the "Hogsbreath" cut which is very rank and will fertilize w/ BK pollinated by DC f1 male which has a skunky appeal......anyone have the real Trinity cut......? or the "Coma" from Eugene area....? these both have very skunky traits and would be great places to start that is if lookin' to develop a line.............
how I remember the RKS we tended in Corralito's-70's.........
lime green golf balls of extreme rancid ranky skanky smell and taste to the end.....high could have been more complex, but a sweatin' headbanger in any case....and the plants reeked of skank from sprout to finish........yield never more than half elbow outdoors..........

Hindu Killer

Veteran
Ol- school Afghani....Lansing Mi in the late 80's eeh ES???? The absolute BEST Ghani Ive ever smoked was cultivated for years in that local. Killer Skunk smell! The old growers would laugh at my dutch genetics.... SK#1 Ha......hit this .....WOW! How I wish I had a cut of it still. Ive no doubt it would be elite! Problem is they were not really breeders and lost it in unselective breeding. I wonder though... I may have to see about rounding up some of those lines and search threw them. Problem is havent seen them in years!

Well the RKS is still around. I'm probably younger than most folks here, and I too miss the super stanky skunks. A buddy of mine had gotten a QP of some buds he called super skunk #1. I don't know where he got the name from, but when you walked into his house it gave it more reason. Around here we are use to the fruity hairy skunks. But this shit was pretty dark not many hairs and could be smelt from my buddies dresser that was upstairs in his room, just by walking in the front door. Strong skunky nugs that when you break up smelt like a 90 old man and skunk had died together a week ago.

This is in MI. and someone is growing it just don't know who.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts