What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strains with Iranian genetics. Top genetics.

PrinceOfPersia

Hello all, i am very interrested in finding strains that got iranian genetics in them. When i visit Iran i smoke some of the best and strongest buds on this planet. And im very surprised to see that theres not alot of strains out there with theese genetics in them and i really wonder why. I smoked some of the highest thc lvl strains u can get i diff seedbanks and theyre really nice no doubt. But the rush and the psykadelic effect the diff iranian landsort's have are really unique and uncomparable.

I have brought some of theese seeds home with me and theyre stored until i get the right utilities for creating my own mindblowing strain, but until then im very curios to whats out there. It seems theese genetics are a treasure just waiting to be revealed. Maybe it has to do with the selective breeding that has been ongoing for thousands of years from the old persia till iran.
The best oily hash i smoked came from there aswell.

So if u have any input please share it with me/us

Thnx.

The middle plant on this picture is a sativa i brought back, and grown in denmark

Devilock

Sounds intresting prince. I would like to hear more about the stuff they grow in iran. I heard the tobacco is really good from there to. Ive only tried pestaccious from there which were very tasty. More pictures would be cool to. Peace and *bong* :friends:

PrinceOfPersia

I dont have any pics of it blooming till end. But the smoke that i got from my ir sativas were unique, i still got some seeds for next season and some crosses i made, for faster finnish. one of thoose i grew out finnished really early, and the resin production was really nice aswell on it.

i heard about endless sky, gonna grow it out for sure sometime.

zamalito

Veteran
That's a nice stalk, pop. Its not a hybrid but I believe reeferman has a lebanese which I believe are supposed to be closely related. It sounds like what you have there has much potential. The fact that it comes from a nontropical latitude makes it a possiblt great building block for breeding. I'm no expert but if you need any advice please don't hesitate to ask.

kushedout

Che tori PrinceofPersia? LOL, I for one know what you're talking about. Hopefully they'll make their way from Iran soon! Your pictures look awesome by the way!

Wonderful pics PrinceOfPersia! Never seen an Iranian plant before, but I'm not surprised it's cultivated over there too. But to be honest it doesn't seem to be a pure sativa by looking at it's stature and bud formation. The broad leafs with tapering tips remind me of Kush and Afghani-like strains.

I'm guessing that's why it's growing on a nontropical latitude Zamalito... :wink:

Very pretty species nonetheless... :bandit: Is it's smoke expanding?

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
That's a beautifull Iranian lady you have here PoP, wow ! look really gorgeous.

Actually it is legal to grow cannabis in Iran for it is a food crop (seeds). Even in Teheran you can see nice Indica bushes growing wild.

It's not a surprise to me that few Iranian genetics are around. So bad reputation has this country (and it's not reputed as a cannabis producer, like Pakistan or Afghanistan could be) that few people go there to collect seeds. A sad thing because there's a huge reservoir of genes overthere.

One important question PoP, from WHERE IN IRAN does your lady originates from ? I'm tempted to think about Elbourz range or North-Western Iran, towards Turkey or Azerbaidjan. Any information ?

Irie !

G

this is definitely very interesting, you should do some inbreeding of the seeds and keep the line alive, maybe even share with us later on :)

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Dude, what you have there is a goldmine. I brought genetics back from India that very few if any people in the West have...believe me, a lot of breeders would love some unique Irani genes. I know I for one would :)

PrinceOfPersia

couple more pics of plant and mountain area it comes from

couple more pics of plant and mountain area it comes from

Hey everybody, great to see so much interrest for this!

Zama : hey, thanx dude.

Kushe : bad nistam merci, green growing kheyli hal mide.. khodet khobi? az gojai? keep it english? :)

IL : thanx mate, trust me iranian girls are really pretty, the green ones and the real ones :)

Mriko: thnx. yeah but the thing is theres alot of iranian hash even though i havent seen some in europe before.. but some iranian cities are known for theyre productions.. U ask where the seeds come from. they are from the alborz mountains but where exactly i dont know. i got the seeds from elderly iranian man who invited me to his home to smoke and talk about the greens. theese seeds i got is uniquely chosen from his best smoke in the past 20 years. but dont worry i will be bringing seeds frm iran every time i go there from now on and try out visit the hash farms.

Fj : thnx.

Is :lets see what the future brings :chin:

Glock: hehe, thnx mate. a guy from abc breeding in spain was very interrested in them, and i had something going on with him but i lost contact when OG went down..

heres some pictures of alborz mountain chain.

and wild weed can be found places like this

Tehran and the alborz in the back

Heres another unique plant that popped out from one the seeds. I seriosly had never seen such big leafs and tight internodes in a early stage like this before. Definatly 110% indica :yummy: . But i lost the plant due to cold. Was grown in a chicken house without vent. if i remember right it was at 3rd or 4 internode on this pic.

And heres some more pics of the sativa in its early stages and the spot i grew it on.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Geeez! Now thats an indica! Good luck with your breeding, use as many males as possible with the traits you want. You should send some to seedbay and make them publicly available.

PrinceOfPersia

Heres some more pics.

This one is one i grew in my appartment window.

And this plant were grown in tehran. My cousin grew it in his backyard and it has been in shade all its life. the smoke from this plant was some of the strongest i ever tried. it seriosly tickled in all my body and i was going crazy almost paranoia because it wouldnt stop! :yoinks:

redrider

I always thought there was good good Indica cultivated in Iran but I sure never thought good Sativa came from there as well. Great looking plants, I really like the "fat" leafed Indica, interesting stuff PrinceOfPersia!

Peace from Colombia

PrinceOfPersia

red, iran is a big country with all types of climates. One day you can go skiing next day u can laying on the beach in the south. im glad you ppl show so much interrest for theese genetics. Im planning to breed on em genes i got and make them available for you ppl.
I love canna, and i think this is how i should be making my living. This is a good starting point for me.

cheers in columbia

G

Afropip's Fast Blast is Blueberry x iranian. I grew it a few months back and found it to be very poor, potency was poor and buds were airy, not recommended. Very few triches were visible, just rubbish imho.

Great to see some authentic Iranian genes, should be good candidates for breeding.

Last edited:

redrider

Climate

Climate

red, iran is a big country with all types of climates. One day you can go skiing next day u can laying on the beach in the south. im glad you ppl show so much interrest for theese genetics. Im planning to breed on em genes i got and make them available for you ppl.
I love canna, and i think this is how i should be making my living. This is a good starting point for me.
I know what you mean about different climates, where I'm at you can swim in the warm Caribbean in the morning and snow ski in the afternoon (Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta zones). Good luck with your "canna biz" I am sure there's a lot of folks interested in them beans.
Peace