What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What happened to federation seeds?

G

Does anyone know why you can't find hardly any Federation seed strains anymore? They have two strains I have been looking for: Romulan and Hawaiian Sativa. These two strains used to be common at all the seed sites , now I can't find them anywhere. I really want to do the Hawaiian Sativa as I have heard it is some of the best Hawaiian genetics around. I've searched everywhere and just can't seem to locate them.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
yeah federation HS is hands down the best seedbank seed I've ever grown.

I can't believe they aren't selling them anymore either. I've seriously thought about contacting ziggy and making him an offer he can't refuse.

I'll give him my oaxacas, my emerald triangles, my other hawaiians, I don't care. but I want that old HS too.

zamalito

Veteran
I was planning on getting their hawaiian too. I'll look aorund for their hawaiian and let you guys know if I find it. I've been growing their celestial temple and it is quite wonderful.

G

I checked out their website and they do advertise as having them. I live so close to canada i should just drive there and buy them, make a roadtrip out of it. Only crossing the border to come back would make me way nervous , so I don't know if this will ever happen or not. I would perfer to order them , but then again the last time I ordered from a canadian seed sit I kinda got burned so I'm leery of doing that as well. Hopefully a reputable seed seller , will start stocking them again( hint..hint).

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
There's a few Federation varieties to be going up on Seedbay soon. Was advised that HS was out of stock at the present time, hopefully that changes and it's available again to SB soon.

G

If you guys can't find the HS maybe you should check out Mr. Nice Spice. It is said in the description that he re-worked it, supposedly a very good odor and taste. I'm pretty sure it's a Hawaiian strain.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
yeah its nothing like the HS though. I've grown alot of hawaiians from the islands and through seed banks and not only was HS my favorite hawaiian but its probably the best bud I've ever smoked. including taste and smell.

Just any other hawaiian won't due. yeah, cherry bomb 2 was good, moloka'i frost comes a close second, they were all pretty good, but the HS was by far the best.

I checked my seedstock and I gave away most of my beans but I still have about 40 moloka'i frost x hawaiian sativa beans that will be killer.

as well as a few other random HS crosses. with burmaberry and some emerald triangle strains, and the cb2.

palm sized cb2 bud.

Last edited:
G

yes ,they make UBC Chemo. Right now that and Celestial Temple Sativa seem to be about the only strains most reputable seed sellers carry now in days. They have done a butt load of crosses as well , but alas, I'm only after the Hawaiian Sativa. I wish I had jumped on them sooner back when they were availiable all the time.

G

I E mailed Doc Chronic asking when he'll have more federation stuff around. He replied saying to check back in about a month. I said I was looking for The Hawaiian Sativa so hopefully he will be stocking it again. we'll see. Peace.

G

I personally would like to try their Mikado or Cotton Candy. Both supposed to be tasty and potent.

G

Jesus that is fast, I usually add 10 days to what the breeder says, but still that is fast.

G

I really love coming on this site at night after a shitty day of cooking at a grill and pizza oven for 8 straight hours. This place just relaxes me and helps me wind down.

RoNdO

I heard great things about the federation Jamaican I'd love to get my paws on that Remus was a big hit here RomulanxISS btw

beancounter

Veteran
Here's some of the Fed strains I've grown..

-Island Sweet Skunk (on of the most potent strains I've smoked, like lemon cleaner, a very good representation of Breeder Steve's Sweet Skunk cut, jus not quite as sweet, and my ISS didnt' stretch as much as my SS cut)

-Big Mac (BC Big Bud x Mikado) excellent commercial cut, fast finisher, good high. Used for production for ages.

-Berlin Indica (Great medicinal indica strain, excellent flavor with definately afghan heritage/flavor)

-I'm growing their Romulan right now, and I've heard it's much better than Next Gen's version.

From what I can see Federation seed stock is truly some of the very best, without question. You rarely see a company with more than one 'flagship' strain that gets consistantly good reviews on at least 5 of their strains.

I hope you guys are able to find some of their work, you shant be disappointed.

G

I'de like to try their Romulan as well. I have been looking for their Hawaiian Sativa , I'm getting on a big Hawaiian genetics kick all of a sudden and I've heard that H.S. is the best out there. According to the story the seeds came right from some big Hawaiian guy that was sitting on the beach , the author's friend and this guy smoked a huge "gagger" of a joint and he said it was hands down the best Herb he had ever run into in the Islands. They went back to the big guys house and the he sold The author's friend a bag which luckily for the rest of the world had a few seeds in it , which became the hawaiian sativa. Well like I said The Doc told me to check back in a few weeks.

Last edited: