Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > Is there a concensus on feeding less more often?

Thread Title Search
Is there a concensus on feeding less more often? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2020, 01:34 AM #1
LaymanWayans

LaymanWayans is on a distinguished road
Is there a concensus on feeding less more often?

Let's say I'm feeding 4-6ml per gallon of liquid ferts every other watering in soil or peat. Has it been proven beneficial to feed 2-3ml per gallon every watering instead?
LaymanWayans is offline Quote

Old 09-21-2020, 04:16 AM #2
sbeanonnamellow

sbeanonnamellow is just really nicesbeanonnamellow is just really nicesbeanonnamellow is just really nicesbeanonnamellow is just really nicesbeanonnamellow is just really nicesbeanonnamellow is just really nicesbeanonnamellow is just really nicesbeanonnamellow is just really nicesbeanonnamellow is just really nicesbeanonnamellow is just really nicesbeanonnamellow is just really nice
I think if the plants can take it, feed them as much as they can eat as often as possible. Get those brix up as high as possible and you'll be rewarded. Happy gardening and hope you're having a lovely day or night wherever you are!
sbeanonnamellow is offline Quote

Old 09-21-2020, 06:43 AM #3
mikeross

mikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nicemikeross is just really nice
IMO, so many variables come into play.

In the past I went with bigger pots of coco, big enough to allow me to hand water just once a day. In this setup I can push the plants to their limits nutrient wise. Also if your pushing your plants with higher EC's, I also believe you need to be pushing their environments to reap the benefits... meaning 1200 Co2 with higher heat and humidity.

In the new setup I'm building out now I plan to run small pots, filled with coco, and eventually work my way up to 4-6 small feeds per day. With this style you will see faster more hydro type growth. Your nutrient strength should be lowered, which will also cause less salt buildup and less need for runoff.
mikeross is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2020, 07:55 AM #4
resinryder
Rubbing my glands together

resinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivorresinryder is a survivor
I start new clones on the tables at 1.2ec. When I put them into bloom at the end of week 3, usually end of week 3 which is strain dependent, I have them feeding at 1.3-1.4ec. And keep em there till 2 weeks before flush and drop it down to 1.2-1.3EC. No need to run high EC/PPM as I don’t think the plants really benefit from it and I’ve seen it lead to other problems. Occasionally I’ll miss my mark When adding my base and hit 1.5-1.6 but it’ll only stay at that level for a couple days until the next water addition. Sometimes less really is more. Find the nute line you want to use, IMO the less bottles of fancy shit the better, learn to use it and learn to read your plants. Unless you’re going organic, get a good ph and EC/ppm meter. When using Chem ferts they make or break you

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Even on a canna board.
resinryder is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:00 AM #5
Creeperpark

Creeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of light
Feeding a low EC with every watering is much better than feeding heavy every other feeding using soil-less mixes. The reason is better pH management! If you maintain a steady pH the plants will only take what they can use without burnt tips. However if you are using rockwool or hydro media you need to run heavy EC with every watering.
Creeperpark is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:47 AM #6
Creeperpark

Creeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of light
When I'm running a constant low EC with every watering its important to allow a little dis-charge out the bottom with every watering.

Old 09-24-2020, 05:02 PM #7
Creeperpark

Its important for a little discharge, but one has to be careful not to allow too much discharge because the ppm or EC will drop over time. If too much liquid is discharged the EC will need to be raised in the future intake liquid. That's why I always get readings of the discharge liquid to monitor EC. .

Old 09-25-2020, 09:29 AM #8
Creeperpark

An example would be... 296 ppm or 0.6 EC of nutrient and water, "cal-mag included", is added to the top with every watering. A test taking 500 mL of the discharge water will yield 1490 ppm or 2.8 EC out the bottom. As the dis-charge water drops in EC out from the bottom, I can increase the EC at the top.

If I added 700 ppm or 1.4 EC "Manufacturer recommends" to the same container the dis-charge would be toxic to the roots and substrate and burn the plants. Using constant low EC with soil-less mixes is the best way to maintain a stable pH and soil environment.

Old 09-25-2020, 11:59 PM #9
roybart

roybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really niceroybart is just really nice
Listen to the plants.. 2 things croak the girls, too much water or too much food (I guess not enough oxygen in the roots too) I grow DWC so I only have to worry about light and temperature. I know what the pH of my water is which I adjust to 5.75 kinda sorta. I feed once a week 50% of the nutes recommended amounts.

If the plants look green and not praying,leave them alone. Worry about learning how to maximize light.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdfW2p-lHN0 watch this..

Girls will recover overnight
roybart is online now Quote

Old 09-26-2020, 12:12 AM #10
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivorAgentPothead is a survivor
Oh man there was a thread a few years back where he did this and explained it as doing the same thing as weightlifters, they eat a lot of smaller meals during the day to keep their metabolism high. I don't know if had any truth to it though.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.