What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bruce banner, durban poison, mazar i sharif.

bigpeter

As the title says these are the next to go under the spider farmer 2000. These were germinated 31 days ago, look at the mazar its twice the size of the other two. today is day one of 12/12. Only deference this time round is smaller air pots ( 8litre ).

On the left is bruce banner, not sure where I got it , center is durban poison from world of seeds, and right is mazar i shariff from real seed company.

Same lineup of nutrients H&G cocos A+B, dutch pro take root, and botanicare hydroguard in coco drain to waste.

picture.php

picture.php

G

Good looking plants..what week are they at now?

Do you use saucers for under those pots or where does the waste go?
And last but not least..do you see a difference in hrowth due to those airpots?
Kind regards, Ivan

Good luck for your grow

bigpeter

Thanks for comments Ivan, plants are four and a half weeks old and have been under 12/12 for two days.

The plants are sitting in a custom made stainless steel tray, there is a hole in one corner and the tray is at a slight incline. The waste drains into a pot under the tray and is used in my outside garden.

picture.php

picture.php

This is the first time I've used airpots. I have used fabric smartpots before and I think they made a big improvement in plant size and yield. Follow the grow and you'll see the results.

G

Ooops..i missed that bit about the 31 days since germination :biglaugh:
So, when you water them, does it come out the side holes too?
I'm definitly interested in the mazar i sharif. I almost grew it myself but went with dutch passions mazar then.
See you soon

bigpeter

So, when you water them, does it come out the side holes too?
I'm definitly interested in the mazar i sharif. I almost grew it myself but went with dutch passions mazar then.

The water will come out the side holes if its poured to quickly, I pour it slowly till it dribbles out the bottom.
This mazar is not a feminised plant, it should show itself soon. Lets hope its a she :)

G

I cross fingers and ties for you...but...If its a guy, are you going to collect pollen or just kill it?

Sounds fair enough about the slow watering. I might get some for the next run. I only want to have a max of three plants, it wouldnt be too much hassle to water slowly.

bigpeter

With the mazar removed from the space there's more room for the bruce banner left and durban poison on the right to spread out. Both are still in the stretch phase and will hopefully will slow down soon. Big difference in the way these two plants are growing, the sativa durban poison is very lanky while the bruce banner is more leafy and lush looking. These pics just taken at day 10.

picture.php
picture.php

bigpeter

Before anyone says that these plants look like they need a good dose of calmag or epsom salts, I took the bruce banner and placed it in a sunny spot in my living room and it can be seen to be a lovely shade of green. My camera in combination with this led lamp seems to make plants look unhealthy in the same way as a HPS lamp. My camera has various light settings but they all make the plants look ill.

picture.php

bigpeter

Fifteen days into flowering and they appear to be slowing down with the stretching. most of the leaves and small branches under the screen removed. Some of the tops have been bent over as I only have 12 inches of space left, all going smoothly.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

bigpeter

Yeah, three plants was too much for my 3.5 square foot space. I normally run one plant in there and scrog it. I'm just starting to see first flowers form so I'm calling this day 1. From all the write ups I've read on Bruce Banner and Durban poison they sound very good and I'm eager to try them.

G

Yeah, i feel ya..even now its quite crowdy in there. I'd probably clean out under the screen aand bit and tug those heads back under.

Keep us updated

bigpeter

Well this grow has turned into a scrog of sorts, the tops were getting very close to the lamp and even though they were showing no signs of scorching or bleaching I've bent them down as best as I could. I've used fishing weights to pull them down which works well but one stem half snapped but hasn't died and is still growing. I've used bent copper wire and as the top has tried to straighten up I've just put more weight on to pull it back down, those lead weights are 7 grams each.

The lower stems have now been trimmed of all leaves and shoots,

I've used a different setting on my camera which shows color a bit better but still not perfect called incandescent. My camera just doesn't like these powerful leds

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts