Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Jerry Garcia Growing Up

Thread Title Search
Jerry Garcia Growing Up Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2020, 11:47 PM #1
Jerry_Garcia

Jerry_Garcia is a jewel in the roughJerry_Garcia is a jewel in the roughJerry_Garcia is a jewel in the roughJerry_Garcia is a jewel in the roughJerry_Garcia is a jewel in the roughJerry_Garcia is a jewel in the rough
Jerry Garcia Growing Up

Welcome any and all! I figured I would get a thread started early as my grow room comes together. I have an unfinished "no window" basement area that I will be finishing off this Friday. I will be going with a 4 x 4 veg tent for all of my vegetative plants, mothers and clones. The rest of the 9 x 13 room will be dedicated to flowering. I will be using a 1000 hps venting/scrubbing the tent and room through an outside vent.

I currently have some bag seed that was gifted to me from a close friend. She grew one out and was impressed. I have 14 of these seeds currently in rapid rooters using a Vivosun heated propagation tray with dome. My plan is to find one or two that show good vigor in veg and grow them out. I am going to throw in 4 more for flowering. The options I have are:

NL#2 x Chem x Orange Pink Grapefruit (Seedbay freebies)
C99 x Chem D (Chimera)
Strawberry Cough (Dutch Passion, feminized)
Blue Gelato (Barney's, feminized)
Gorilla Zkittlez (Barney's, feminized)

So what should I choose for the final 4 spaces? I'm a legal grower in Missouri and plan to stay legal with 6 flowering plants. We also are allowed 6 plants in veg and 6 clones. My plan is to keep 6+6+6=18 stems going at all times.

I hope everyone is great and enjoy following along.

Jerry Garcia
Jerry_Garcia is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-28-2020, 11:52 PM #2
Jerry_Garcia

Jerry_Garcia is a jewel in the roughJerry_Garcia is a jewel in the roughJerry_Garcia is a jewel in the roughJerry_Garcia is a jewel in the roughJerry_Garcia is a jewel in the roughJerry_Garcia is a jewel in the rough

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2020, 02:46 AM #3
rootfingers
buried beneath the soil

rootfingers is a jewel in the roughrootfingers is a jewel in the roughrootfingers is a jewel in the roughrootfingers is a jewel in the roughrootfingers is a jewel in the roughrootfingers is a jewel in the roughrootfingers is a jewel in the rough
Right on, Jerry Garcia. It sounds like you have a solid plan and I wish you armfuls of the dankest herbs for your efforts!

Not sure what to tell you on the seeds, they all sound real good. One thing I found with Barney's is the germ rate can sometimes be kinda low so don't be surprised if you need to start a few extra to get there.

Happy growing, see you around.
rootfingers is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2020, 03:06 AM #4
Jerry_Garcia

Thanks rootfingers.

My plan for grow medium is LC’s Soiless Mix #2 with recipe #1. Essentially ProMix HP, perlite and worm castings along with blood & bone meal, kelp, green sand with some liquid karma. Nutrients will be Earth Juice line of products.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2020, 05:34 PM #5
Jerry_Garcia

The exact recipe:

LC's Soiless Mix #2:
6 parts Pro Mix BX or HP / Sunshine Mix (any flavor from #1 up)
2 parts perlite
2 parts earthworm castings
Powdered dolomite lime @ 2 tablespoons per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of the soiless mix.
If you use a 3 qt. saucepan as “parts” in the amounts given above, it equals about 1 cu. ft. of soiless mix and you can just dump in a cup of powdered dolomite lime.

Now for the plants organic food source

RECIPE #1
If you want to use organic nutes like blood, bone and kelp...
Dry Ferts:
1 tablespoon blood meal per gallon or 1/2 cup per cubic foot of soil mix
2 tablespoons bone meal per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of soil mix
1-tablespoon kelp meal per gallon or 1/2 cup per cubic foot of soil mix or Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract as directed
1 tablespoon per gallon or 1/2 cup per cubic foot of Jersey Greensand to supplement the K (potasium) in the Kelp Meal and seaweed extract.
Mix all the dry ferts into the soiless mix well and wet it, but don't soak it with Liquid Karma and water @ 1 tbs./gal. Stir and mix it a few times a week for a week or two so the bacteria can get oxygen and break down the bone meal and make it available. And don't let the mix dry out, keep it moist and add water as needed. It'll also have time to get the humic acids in the Liquid Karma going and the dolomite lime will be better able to adjust the pH of a peat based mixture too.

Old 07-31-2020, 02:58 PM #6
Jerry_Garcia

First to sprout

Old 08-01-2020, 06:21 PM #7
Jerry_Garcia

Grow Room Coming Together

Old 08-01-2020, 07:45 PM #8
Jerry_Garcia

Thought I would fill folks in on the specs of my equipment. As I mentioned above, it is a 9x13 room with a 4x4x6.5 ft Vivosun grow tent. I have a 6" 440 cfm in-line fan pulling through a Vivosun 6x18 carbon filter and exiting through an outside vent. For flowering, I am using a 1000w HPS with dimmable ballast and in the tent for veg I am using a Gtaren 100x LED corn light. Never used one of those before, was recommended to me and will be curious how it performs.

Now to put this room to the test!

Old 08-01-2020, 08:05 PM #9
Crazy Chester

Crazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to allCrazy Chester is a name known to all
Subscribed!
Crazy Chester is offline Quote

Old 08-02-2020, 11:36 PM #10
Ivan Milat

Ivan Milat will become famous soon enough
Good luck,Jerry. Looks like you got a bit of space. Coming up nicely. About those bagseeds...do you know what they are or just kept them because you liked the weed? Cant wait to see your babies growing. All the best from downunder
Ivan Milat is online now Quote