What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Judy coming off the barbie,,,

methias

Hi all,

Just prior to having some semi-elective surgery I threw a short Venom OG clone onto the turntable for flowering. She was in a 3 gallon fabric pot under about 400 (actual watt draw) watts of LED's. The turntable takes about 8 minutes to slowly rotate once.
Circumstances being what they are, all I could do for Judy, (I name them all Judy) was watering with nutes. I had to buy a pump to be able to do that. So she grew wild for much of the flower run.

Well my wild child is ready to go so today I started to harvest.

I enlisted the brute strength and ignorance of a neighbor who also grows to help gimpy me get Judy out of the grow hutch.

2 days ago,

First time off the turntable in 11 weeks.

Without the pipe cleaners that supported her inside.

And above.

Judyism is believing in and partaking of Judy.
I believe that I shall have some vape of Judy.

Vape on kids

methias

Disclaimer ; I'm pretty baked right now,
Definitely,,, baked.

OK,
On with the show,

Got pics of Judy, post trimmed.
Had my lady put Judy back on the turntable for me. Gonna let her enjoy 18 hrs daylight for the next couple of days. Let's see if it helps give the popcorn a bit of couchlock. I could use a bit of that every now and again.

Before

After

Shit. Forgot what else to add.

O.
A couple of buds from today's half harvest got cut off so I did the foil oven 200F trick for 30 minutes.
Smoked 2 bowl. Or 3.?

Fuck me when this is cured.

Vape on kids :tiphat:
Nite nite

Cvh

Supermod
Looking very nice there! :)

May I ask about that turntable you're talking about? Is that something you have designed yourself?
I'm intrigued about the concept for single pots indoor grows.

:ying:

methias

Looking very nice there! :)

May I ask about that turntable you're talking about? Is that something you have designed yourself?
I'm intrigued about the concept for single pots indoor grows.

:ying:

CVH,
The turntable is a DIY creation. I am currently on version 3. As things progress (break or fail) I make changes (upgrades) and learn from the process. The assembly is documented on my turntable thread https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=8536494#post8536494
While I have relocated the drive motor to the right side since the above thread, the rest is the same.
I have quantum boards above and on the sides of the cabinet. I have full spectrum cobs and a deep red to wake Judy up in the morning and put her to sleep in the evening.
The theory is ;
With hundreds of LED's surrounding the turntable, every leaf gets light from every led as Judy rotates (roughly) 7 or 8 rotations per hour.

Think lydar. Multiple lasers shining down through the canopy and reflecting back off the ground to give us an accurate map of the ground right through the jungle.

The first rendition used bucket lids and marbles to make the bearings with a BBQ rotisserie and fan belt to turn it. I finally settled on a quality heavy duty lazy susan for the base and a 12 volt DC motor to drive it.
It's not really pretty but I like the ability to sit down in front and inspect Judy as she slowly turns in front of me. :biggrin:

Vape on kids.

methias

Totals

Totals

Hello once again.

I just pulled Judy out of the drying box, trimmed the stems out, gently (after weighing her) placed her buds in dark glass mason jars, and pulled a vacuum down to about 16"Hg. I put Judy away in a nice dark cool place and I will check her every 2 to 3 days. :tiphat:

This Judy is a Venom OG clone.
Her total dry weight is 211 grams. :peacock:
Or if my math is right, that's 7.5+ ounces.

I need to point out that during harvest I got lazy and cut off a bunch of little buds into the trimmings. Not a problem since I intend to dry sift that all anyway.

So just buds I got 0.52 grams per watt on the turntable grow this time. I only had a 3 gallon fabric pot.
Next run is in a 5 gallon fabric pot.
Let's see if I can do better in 2020.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=369611

Vape on kids :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts