What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hallucinogenic strains? Any out there?

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
im growing some afropips tribal vision and it says on the description that it is mildy hallucinogenic. i want to cross tribal vision with a quick mist diesel male to get a super sativa of some sorts.

i sometimes hear birds chirping that aren't there when i smoke CBF's SCreme, same thing with DTC99.

jarff

Had some Jamaican in the 70,s called "Virgin Leaf" and it was the first and last time I tripped on smokin,bud.I haven,t felt the same since lol...it cost $25 per lb....big money in Jamaica at that time for bud.

G

I aqcuired some sensi white widow seeds, someone was telling me that widow bud has some good visuals....I've had quite a few strains give me good visuals, but then again, I'm the kind of guy who trips hard off of acid and mushrooms...visuals come very easily to me it seems. try eating a quarter of brazilian mushrooms, followed by smoking a 2.5 gram joint of white widow to the face, and then go talk to a tree. trees are amazing living things when you can actually hear them. anyone ever hear their plants talking to them?????

Last edited:

Devilock

I would hate to see you guys on some real psychedelics if your getting this strong of a buzz from just pot. Almost unbelievable.. Peace and *bong* :friends:

Amber Trich

Try some of DJ Shorts line.

The blueberry phenotype we selected had a definite psychadelic vibe. F-13 is supposed to really have those qualities. We'll let you know in 4-5 weeks.

Dr.Snow

Okay, I can't recommend a particular strain but I will say that it is definently possible to trip from weed (though not the same as the usual psychadelics). A while ago I was on a 3 month or so break from smoking and got offered a gravity bong hit while I was working at a restuarant. It had been a while and I don't really know what I was thinking, especially because I still had to work for 5 more hours :pointlaugl , but I took one huge rip and 5 minutes later I was laying on the ground outside staring up at palm trees. I was tripping really hard with medium visuals for almost an hour and then just kindof came out of it. I know the weed wasn't laced because I knew where it came from and watched the others smoking it also. Okay, my point is this though, I don't think there is a particular strain that will always give you this strong effect, but in the right set/setting and with right weed (for that moment), it definently happens. Also I agree with the others in this forum that purer sativas definently come closer to that effect than the indicas. Peace

N

Nostromo

I don´t agree with most of you. It is possible to get a true psychodellic high from a lot of strains. It is all pheno dependant and, of course, you have to smoke a lot to get there. In fact, I only grow "psychodellic" strains and I have found at least 4 or five that sent me tripping. Let's see:

Oaxacan: Don´t know if it was highland or lowland, but that Oaxacan stuff was my first trippy weed experience. I really saw my girl's face turning into her sister's face; then, my girlfriend told me that she felt like someone else and that she relived parts of her life. Really amazing.

Blockhead: If you get the grapefruit pheno, you hit the jackpot. That is some crazy and extraordinary weed, completely unpredictable. Everytime I closed my eyes, I saw myself like if I was in front of a mirror (not imagery, but really in front of a mirror). Every gesture i made, turn into the oposite in my closed-eyed-mirror.

Senegal Haze: Oh, my God. That weed scared the shit out of me. I had constant audio hallucinations, including a horn that kept playing in the background etc. Gave my stash to some friend in an act of mere cowardness.

Malawi Gold: Maybe the most interesting weed I have ever grown. Incredible uplifting high which "added" new sounds to old songs and sent me in a flashback trip to my early days. I am psychologically stable, but this malawi jewel made me doubt: of course you will think that I am crazy, but this weed was trully prophetic to me. Every random idea that stayed in my mind for more that 3 or 4 minutes, came to be true in the next 2-3 weeks. Believe it or not.

Kali Mist: Very close to a 100 mg of MDMA. Strobos, etc.

LSD: Simply incredible. Objects breathing, though briefly. Amazing telepathic experience with friends and girlfriend all dealing with the same subjects and so on.

True: most of the strains I have smoked (30-40 in 6 visits to Amsterdam) didn´t have this effects, but the ones mentioned were really psychodelic. Right now, I am growing some tribal vision, sour bubble, sour diesel and Flo. We'll see what happens. By the way, I grow with MH only; I found the high is much better, more complex, than the ones obtained with my HPS in flowering. The yield was not as good, but I am after quality, not quantity.

G

Nostromo - I have had a similar experience to blockhead...from smoking on some regular schwag. I felt that I was facing myself in a mirror image.. just my face and mainly my eyes tho. i was also doing a vision meditation at the time, but yeah interesting.

i wonder if you get the same "effect" from taking genetics from thailand or what have you, and grow them under HPS indoors. I bet growing outdoors in the sun would give u a strain with more energetically expanding properties. I just somehow don't think a marijuana plant is as happy indoors as it is outdoors!!

hempknowsis

I don't know the kind I was smokin at the time....but only time I had near hullucinogenic/physcodelic effects was when I didn't smoke for months and then took huuuge bong rips. I would look at my friend and just bust up laughing. Even if I smoke tonnnnns now I never get close to that. Sometimes if I try I just smoke myself sober

THC•20

The only thing I can say is if you haven't tripped off weed then simply put, you didn't consume enough. Try going well over your limit. Smoke or eat more than you normally would and you will be in for a scary surprise lol. I came from a 3 month break and smoked 3 water fall gravity bong hits to the head of a strong hybrid I had curing for about a month until each bowl was completely gone...I have to say I have never been higher in my life....