Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Older wiser and going organic!!!

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Older wiser and going organic!!! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2019, 02:10 AM #1
Prodigygrower

Prodigygrower is a glorious beacon of lightProdigygrower is a glorious beacon of lightProdigygrower is a glorious beacon of lightProdigygrower is a glorious beacon of lightProdigygrower is a glorious beacon of lightProdigygrower is a glorious beacon of lightProdigygrower is a glorious beacon of lightProdigygrower is a glorious beacon of lightProdigygrower is a glorious beacon of lightProdigygrower is a glorious beacon of lightProdigygrower is a glorious beacon of light
Older wiser and going organic!!!

Hello family!!! Itís been a long time since Iíve posted a thread or even had a garden but here we are. Finally I get to do what I love once again. Iíve always been a coco guy running my own mix of different things from advanced to botanicare. That has all changed. Your boy is going all amended just add water organic.

This change has not gone without serious contemplation because letís be honest Iíve never used soil for anything except maybe back in the day to help my dear grandmother with her roses. I guess I can contribute this change in growing style to a few different reasons ease of use and a few of the people on here I respect the most. I remember talking the phillthy back in the day and he told me that one of the reasons he grew with the just add water style was simply because he didnít have the time to fool with a bunch of different nutrients. I didnít understand that at the time because weíll i was just a kid with no job or responsibilities but the my garden. Now being older I completely understand what he ment. There just are not enough hours in a day. Plus the man always grew the chronic. So based on that and the success Iíve seen others have especially dank.frank Iíve decided this is the path for me now.

I wanna give a special thanks to dank.frank who has been very helpful in starting my journey into organics.

Well now down to Busniess the room is 10x 7x 6.5 Iíll be running 3k using large adjustawings. I could squeeze 4 in there but I like to have my space to work.

The soil mix is Phillthys base mix or as close to it as possible with a lil variation and dank.franks amendment list or as close to it as possible.

1 bale of pro mix hp cc which is just like bx but with more coco (old habits die hard I guess) and 2 bags of ffof.
The amendments are
Ewc
Fish bone meal
Kelp meal
Alfalfa meal
Oyster shell
Granular humid acids
Blood meal
Azomite
Sul.Po.mag
Dolomite lime
Sea bird guano
Azoz
Mykos

I couldnít find gypsum or dry molasses but I wonít be mixing this for a few more days when the room is finished so maybe I can track it down.

The genetics are prolific coast seeds fotia
Fire og x wifi3(Scottís og x Casper og)
Oni seed co Tropicana haze bx5

Well there is the run down Iíll get some pics up as it comes along still a work in progress.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DC72C2C4-6900-4F52-8AF8-BB3383A75CF8.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	489965 Click image for larger version

Name:	EC88B2A4-965D-4FD2-805E-7C0A723D9491.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	489966

Last edited by Prodigygrower; 03-29-2019 at 04:23 AM..
Prodigygrower is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:16 AM #2
big315smooth

big315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant futurebig315smooth has a brilliant future
organic all the way
big315smooth is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:23 AM #3
nickman

nickman has a reputation beyond reputenickman has a reputation beyond reputenickman has a reputation beyond reputenickman has a reputation beyond reputenickman has a reputation beyond reputenickman has a reputation beyond reputenickman has a reputation beyond reputenickman has a reputation beyond reputenickman has a reputation beyond reputenickman has a reputation beyond reputenickman has a reputation beyond repute
Nice man, I love the Down to Earth stuff...

nickman is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:41 AM #4
Prodigygrower

Prodigygrower is a glorious beacon of lightProdigygrower is a glorious beacon of lightProdigygrower is a glorious beacon of lightProdigygrower is a glorious beacon of lightProdigygrower is a glorious beacon of lightProdigygrower is a glorious beacon of lightProdigygrower is a glorious beacon of lightProdigygrower is a glorious beacon of lightProdigygrower is a glorious beacon of lightProdigygrower is a glorious beacon of lightProdigygrower is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks guys pull up a seat all good vibes welcome. Iím a Lil nervous but Iím confident that I will figure it out. Thatís half the fun of this anyway. Pushing yourself trying new things.

Old 03-29-2019, 03:47 AM #5
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
Organic is the best.

You can get molasses at food stores in the cooking ingredient section.

Old 03-29-2019, 03:53 AM #6
Prodigygrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Organic is the best.

You can get molasses at food stores in the cooking ingredient section.
Thanks broski I appreciate it.

Old 03-29-2019, 10:06 AM #7
Cvh

Cvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant future
You won't regret making the switch.

I switched from growing synthetic in Coco to Organic in soil a couple years ago.
I don't think I will ever go back to synthetic fertilizers.

Best of luck!

Cvh is offline Quote

Old 03-29-2019, 01:20 PM #8
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
Stockade brand dry molasses. Check with local farm supply stores. It's used as a fattener/sweetener for dairy cows and as part of "sweet feed blends" - whole oats and molasses - for horses and goats. My application for soil usage is my own adaptation, which many brands picked up on.

Even the Stockade brand now carries a product labeled for soil usage now. That was never the case 10+ years ago when I started utilizing it.

Gypsum should be available at any Tractor Supply Co as well. Usually around lawn care and grass seed. Might set you back $3-7 for a 40-50# bag.

Looking forward to the thread. If you need any pointers, I'll be right here.

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here
dank.frank is online now Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-29-2019, 01:37 PM #9
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
A couple posts I want to highlight from my current thread though. When I started the thread, I made a brand new soil mix and throughout make several compare and contrast statements...

These two posts stick out as being highly relevant, without sending you down the rabbit hole, especially since you are looking at working with the basic amendment recipe I posted about 6 years ago.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...&postcount=109

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...&postcount=111

The take away I want you to see here is the potential lack of potassium in the basic amendment recipe. This is usually a non issue and most people prefer to add potassium as a top feed as needed, simply because it's a rather mobile elements in soil systems and in plants, so you see it's deficiency in OLDER leaves first.

However, with using a blend of time released materials, I've learned how to better address this over the years.

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Organic Soil ---> click here Current Grow --> click here
dank.frank is online now Quote

Old 03-29-2019, 03:15 PM #10
Zeez

Zeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivorZeez is a survivor
I'm in a similar situation to Prodigy transitioning from hydro.

Is there a middle ground into organic with a potting soil product that is fairly complete with amendments?
Zeez is offline Quote