What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tripleberry F2 Testers by browntrout

starke

I am about two weeks later than anticipated in getting this grow underway and apologize to browntrout for that. My flower room needed a few modifications after the last grow finished up. Hopefully he has not given up on me.

So here is the plan:

Upon germination the seeds will be placed in 20 ounce Hempy cups with a mixture of perlite and clay balls for medium. They will be fed Jack's Pro Hydro and Calnit in RO water at ec's to be determined by plant need.

They will be transplanted when needed into one gallon Hempy containers and the final ladies will be transplanted to 5 gallon Hempys for flower.

The majority of veg will happen under 300w actual draw LED high bay shoplights. The plants will be topped and trained. Flower will be in a 5.5' x 8' room with two URSA LED COB units (640 actual watts each). The plants will be trained under a SCROG screen.

More details to come. Let's get this show on the road.

Cool packaging and I like the crush proof tube. 15 regular seeds into the shot glass.

Peace,
starke

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice one will be watching following another one of BT testers looking good on the home front .:tiphat: Good luck :)

starke

Woke up this morning to 14 of 15 sunk seeds. Moved them into a container with a damp paper towel and onto the top of the satellite box. Pisses our cat off - that's her favorite warm place to nap.

I wonder if the cable and satellite companies realize what an important role they play in cannabis growing for us home growers. Kind of funny when I stop and think about it. I have a thermostat controlled 20" x 48" heat mat in my veg area for cloning that I could easily set the seeds on for warmth but I just automatically go for the satellite box when it comes to germing seeds. Old habits die hard.

picture.php

picture.php

Next update when we have tails.

Peace,
starke

starke

And So It Begins

And So It Begins

Woke up this morning to find 13 of 15 seeds with tails and the remaining two split and showing the tip. Time to plant.
picture.php

I make a depression in each cup and fill it with about a tablespoon of pure vermiculite. The seedling is then planted in the center. I find the little bit of vermiculite helps retain moisture around the seedling during the first crucial 24 - 48 hours.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So we have 15 Tripleberry F2s in solo Hempy Cups. When they pop up they will be receiving about 500 umol of LED to start with.
picture.php

100% germ rate. Great seed vigor. Next update when there is good green showing.

Peace,
starke

starke

troutman: I've lived a sheltered life. I had no idea what those tubes were called or used for. Thanks.

big315smooth: I do put a pocket with about a tablespoon of vermiculite to ensure the seedling has adequate moisture for the first couple of days.

Thanks for joining in.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Woke up this morning to find 13 of 15 seeds with tails and the remaining two split and showing the tip. Time to plant.
View Image
I make a depression in each cup and fill it with about a tablespoon of pure vermiculite. The seedling is then planted in the center. I find the little bit of vermiculite helps retain moisture around the seedling during the first crucial 24 - 48 hours.
View Image
View Image
View Image
So we have 15 Tripleberry F2s in solo Hempy Cups. When they pop up they will be receiving about 500 umol of LED to start with.
View Image
100% germ rate. Great seed vigor. Next update when there is good green showing.

Peace,
starke

Congratulations starke :peek:

starke

Update

Update

It's been a week since the seeds went in the mix and all have made it above the surface. Two of the seedlings grew complete loops in their stems which made replanting necessary. Three seedlings had stuck seed caps, two of which have been manually removed. The third will be removed tomorrow if it has not dropped.

Today:

picture.php

Next update in a week.

Peace,
starke

starke

Minor Update

Minor Update

Seedling #9 headed for the great compost heap in the sky today. Never really did anything after breaking above ground and this morning I found the seed husk laying on the perlite but no evidence of Cotyledons or anything else at the top of the stem. Looked like it had just been beheaded. Tried for some pics but could not get anything clear. Weird. So we now have 14 seedlings in the grow.

starke

Weekly Update

Weekly Update

Yesterday marked two weeks these gems have been above ground. Growth at this point is all over the charts between the seedlings, due for the most part to the stuck seed caps and twisted stems. They all continue to grow except for #9 noted above. Going to give them their first nutes today. Jacks at about .3ec.

Next update in a week.

picture.php

Peace,
starke