Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > Coco multiple feeding questions??

Thread Title Search
Coco multiple feeding questions?? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2019, 03:37 PM #1
Mrkline006

Mrkline006 will become famous soon enough
Question Coco multiple feeding questions??

Last grow i only water/fed daily... I think i could have done twice per day with no issues.. My old regime was day 1 Feed, day 2 Feed, day 3 Plain water repeat... Is that still a good way to go for single day? If i did twice per day what would the regime be? Help would be awesome.
Mrkline006 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:40 PM #2
Rab.C

Rab.C is a glorious beacon of lightRab.C is a glorious beacon of lightRab.C is a glorious beacon of lightRab.C is a glorious beacon of lightRab.C is a glorious beacon of lightRab.C is a glorious beacon of lightRab.C is a glorious beacon of lightRab.C is a glorious beacon of lightRab.C is a glorious beacon of lightRab.C is a glorious beacon of lightRab.C is a glorious beacon of light
i am new too growing but i think your never supposed to feed coco plain water.
i am feeding every other day but going too feed everyday now
Rab.C is offline Quote

Old 02-20-2019, 08:04 PM #3
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
I only did coco for 1 season starting, so I'm not by any means an authority. I agree with Rab you should never give your coco plants pure water, unless you want to flush them right before harvest. I found a thread, I'll take a look see if I can find it again, it talks about instead of once a day large feeding, to split it up into smaller, multiple feedings. The way a body builder eats a bunch of smaller meals to gain mass, something to do with keeping the metabolism sped up I think. If you were watering 2 liters a day, once a day, you could split that into 1 liters twice a day, .5 liters four times a day, .25 liters eight times a day, basically as often as you want to go in there, or can setup a machine to do it for you. Found it.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=241341
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.

Last edited by AgentPothead; 02-20-2019 at 08:06 PM.. Reason: thread link
AgentPothead is offline Quote

Old 02-20-2019, 08:07 PM #4
Mrkline006

Yeah the guy i started growing coco with (he ran it and I loved it) he did 2 feedings, 1 plain water.. it was supposed to help with salt build up but idk... lol

Old 02-20-2019, 08:11 PM #5
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkline006 View Post
Yeah the guy i started growing coco with (he ran it and I loved it) he did 2 feedings, 1 plain water.. it was supposed to help with salt build up but idk... lol
If you water to runoff each time, I think that runoff is supposed to help clear out the coco of salt buildups. I was watering to a little bit of run off because it was being thrown away after. I've seen people do massive runoff with a recirculating system.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is offline Quote

Old 02-20-2019, 08:46 PM #6
Mrkline006

Yeah i normally did about 25% runoff.. Then my plainwater was mixed with like molasses.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:53 PM #7
Bush Dr
Painting the picture of Dorian Gray

Bush Dr is a name known to allBush Dr is a name known to allBush Dr is a name known to allBush Dr is a name known to allBush Dr is a name known to allBush Dr is a name known to allBush Dr is a name known to allBush Dr is a name known to allBush Dr is a name known to allBush Dr is a name known to allBush Dr is a name known to all
Rab is correct, never plain water

Did you ph the molasses water?

This ain't no ordinary herb I'm smoking - Fantan Mojah

Supermoto for that eXtra buzz

A friend in need is a friend in debt
Bush Dr is offline Quote

Old 02-20-2019, 10:34 PM #8
Mrkline006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Dr View Post
Rab is correct, never plain water

Did you ph the molasses water?
Yes, its PH'd. Id do that or just a tea mixture over an extra feed. Then next day id do a normal nute feed.

Old 02-21-2019, 04:40 AM #9
f-e

f-e has disabled reputation
If I'm watering twice a day, I'm happy if it just runs off once. I have to accommodate for the rise in root-zone EC though. A bit lower feed, and a bit more run-off. As a feed that doesn't run-off, increases root-zone salinity. So your having to lower the food input on the 'too waste' feed, to accommodate the feed with no waste.

Now I'm talking about EC 0.1 and maybe 25% more waste. And I'm talking about each feed dropping this maybe 7% like it's a horror story. I don't want to think about a death flush every 3rd time. Perhaps its a shock treatment?
f-e is offline Quote

Old 02-21-2019, 05:09 AM #10
FunkBomb
Power Armor rules

FunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to allFunkBomb is a name known to all
You need to get run off with coco to prevent salt buildup. If you're not getting run off lower the nutrient levels by 15-20%. Keep your pH around 5.8-6.0 and you'll be fine.

-Funk

Bertrand Russell
FunkBomb is offline Quote