in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Unknown bugs infestation

Thread Title Search
Unknown bugs infestation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2018, 08:30 PM #1
Biggobelly

Biggobelly will become famous soon enough
Unknown bugs infestation

I am having a problem identifying a bug that is eating my crops. It is about 3mm long, black with beetle like plates to protect its wings and a back-end that it can raise up like a rove beetle. It flies like fungus gnats but in soil it moves fast like a predator. This is the only bugs that I can see and they are causing yellow fan and stunted growth. Too fast for me to get a pic. Any ideas? They almost look like a Devil's coach horse beetle but without the big pincers.
Biggobelly is offline Quote

Old 10-20-2018, 09:03 PM #2
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Get yourself an organic pesticide.

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

Old 10-21-2018, 12:32 AM #3
gladysvjubb

gladysvjubb is a jewel in the roughgladysvjubb is a jewel in the roughgladysvjubb is a jewel in the roughgladysvjubb is a jewel in the roughgladysvjubb is a jewel in the roughgladysvjubb is a jewel in the roughgladysvjubb is a jewel in the roughgladysvjubb is a jewel in the rough
You need HOTSHOT No Pest Strips. That is your only hope! I have no bugs in my grow because of them.
gladysvjubb is offline Quote

Old 10-21-2018, 01:08 AM #4
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
could they be thrips?

don't get no pest strips btw. thats way over kill and only a last resort to save unique genetic mother plants in veg phase. only usable if you don't ive in the same air.

if you have thrips some captain jacks dead bug, or some other bio product containing spinosad will take care of them.

Last edited by gaiusmarius; 10-21-2018 at 07:41 PM..
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:50 AM #5
Wendull C.

Wendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud of
Do they hop? It sounds like root aphids.
Wendull C. is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:57 AM #6
Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivorIchabod Crane is a survivor
Get a white bowl or container like for sour cream or cottage cheese. Fill it half way up with water and place it under the light so the light hits the water. The bug will be attracted to the dish and fall into the water. When it drowns you can scoop it to see what it is.

Vertical Scrogg
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242646

From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314837
Ichabod Crane is offline Quote

Old 10-21-2018, 06:36 AM #7
master kusher

master kusher has a spectacular aura aboutmaster kusher has a spectacular aura aboutmaster kusher has a spectacular aura about
one word: neem
master kusher is offline Quote

Old 10-21-2018, 08:00 AM #8
Biggobelly

Biggobelly will become famous soon enough
I've caught them in a yellow sticky and they look like fungus gnats, however, mosquito dunks don't work on them, spinosad only gets a few flyers and a spinosad root drench did nothing but almost kill my plants.
They are not root aphids as they are black and slender with a tail that it can raise like a scorpion and they are fast. Watched one run across the soil and then take off and fly around the pot. I thought they were rove beetles, but they fly.
Biggobelly is offline Quote

Old 10-21-2018, 09:07 AM #9
Dog Star
Why so Sirius!!

Dog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivorDog Star is a survivor
Dust your medium with grounded cinnamon for larvae,and for flyers use yellow sticky
traps.. cinnamon kills larva much faster then Bti..
Dog Star is offline Quote

Old 10-21-2018, 02:09 PM #10
gladysvjubb

gladysvjubb is a jewel in the roughgladysvjubb is a jewel in the roughgladysvjubb is a jewel in the roughgladysvjubb is a jewel in the roughgladysvjubb is a jewel in the roughgladysvjubb is a jewel in the roughgladysvjubb is a jewel in the roughgladysvjubb is a jewel in the rough
NO PEST STRIPS!!! It is your only hope! Just do not stay too long in your grow room. Do what is important and then get out.
gladysvjubb is offline Quote