in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > hush did a gardening

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
hush did a gardening Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2018, 09:24 PM #1
hush
Seņor Member

hush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant future
hush did a gardening

I'm back. It's been a while. Not sure who's still around or what not. Anyway, I'm a dad now. Had to put my life on hold for a little bit while welcoming and nurturing a new one into the world. But things have finally settled down enough to garden again.

I just started 4 seeds of Golden Tiger, and 4 seeds of Panama. These seeds were purchased around 3 years ago, so kind of old, but I had them in the fridge. Only 1 of the Panamas popped, and all 4 GTs.

I'll be most likely doing the strains in separate tents. The GTs under 600w HPS, and the Panama under 165w LED. I'll be using coco, in fabric pots, flood and drain. Ideally, if I can get back into gardening full time again, I'm going to switch over exclusively to Ace's feminized offerings, and grow out single seeds at a time. I don't want to mess with keeping mothers anymore. No more cuttings. No more perpetual anything. I would like to go back to basics, while continuing to use flood and drain because that's my favorite method of all time, and just do one seedling at a time, using SCROG method, and filling up the entire canopy. After everything I've done over the years, I've learned that nothing is as productive as SCROG (at least, for the small grows I do).

So that's the plan. I will only ever use Ace genetics, exclusively, from here on out, too. Dubi, you are the awesome, and if I were the type of person who is inclined to put people on pedestals, you would be pedestal numero uno. Here's a quick shot of the Golden Tiger seedlings to get this thread started right.

hush's hidey hole

hush is offline Quote

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:30 PM #2
Klompen

Klompen has a brilliant futureKlompen has a brilliant futureKlompen has a brilliant futureKlompen has a brilliant futureKlompen has a brilliant futureKlompen has a brilliant futureKlompen has a brilliant futureKlompen has a brilliant futureKlompen has a brilliant futureKlompen has a brilliant futureKlompen has a brilliant future
Congrats on fatherhood. Its not easy work! The grow is off to a good start! How do you like the purple LEDs?
Klompen is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:52 PM #3
hush
Seņor Member

hush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant future
Thank you.

These LEDs are great. I've done some micro grows with this fixture in the past. It's a California Lightworks Solar Flare 220. 165 actual watts. All 5w emitters. Full spectrum. In the DR60 tent (2' x 2') this fixture can spit out a QP easily. Especially in a SCROG scenario.

I love LEDs for micro grows, but I still find them too expensive to use for anything bigger than a 2x2. I just prefer HPS still.

hush's hidey hole

hush is offline Quote

Old 09-11-2018, 01:30 AM #4
ReikoX
Knight of the BlackSvn

ReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud ofReikoX has much to be proud of
Welcome back Hush, cant wait to see you run some Ace gear.
ReikoX is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:24 AM #5
Azure

Azure is a name known to allAzure is a name known to allAzure is a name known to allAzure is a name known to allAzure is a name known to allAzure is a name known to allAzure is a name known to allAzure is a name known to allAzure is a name known to allAzure is a name known to allAzure is a name known to all
Were you able to finish your last grow of PCK?
I was following your grow log and then you took some time off.

I actually ended up with some Malawi x PCK for this outdoor season.
OK peace!
Azure is offline Quote

Old 09-11-2018, 02:35 AM #6
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivor
Congratulations on the baby!

Looking forward to your grow!
Lester Beans is offline Quote

Old 09-11-2018, 03:48 AM #7
hush
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Were you able to finish your last grow of PCK?
I was following your grow log and then you took some time off.

I actually ended up with some Malawi x PCK for this outdoor season.
OK peace!
No, I didn't get to finish it. And then when I thought I could start again, I planted up 4 different Ace strains, and then shit happened again that made me lose the gardens. So I've pretty much got to start over with Ace. Which is fine by me. I mean, there were some that I got to try successfully, but the rest were mostly a bust. I still have a few more GT and Panama seeds though.

So next time I'll be ordering the feminized versions of the strains I didn't get to try out, except for where there is no fem equivalent. In those cases I'll just find substitutions or hybrids or something. The one exception is Peyote Purple, which is only listed as standard, but dubi says there are barely ever any males in that line. Oh, and I also want to try out a high CBD strain. Preferably Lebanese, but I'd take either of the other two. Whatever's in stock at the time.

I'm also up for recommendations, from anyone, regarding feminized Ace strains. I prefer varieties that aren't super monster sativa trees, but even those I can work with if I'm expecting it. I'm also not interested in anything over 18-20 weeks flowering.

It feels good to be back in the game again.

hush's hidey hole

hush is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:51 AM #8
Azure

Azure is a name known to allAzure is a name known to allAzure is a name known to allAzure is a name known to allAzure is a name known to allAzure is a name known to allAzure is a name known to allAzure is a name known to allAzure is a name known to allAzure is a name known to allAzure is a name known to all
My friends loved Malawi. It is super potent and high yielding.

There are so many great Ace strains to choose from. haha
Golden Tiger and Panama are beloved strains too!

Are your current plants feminized or regulars?
Azure is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:40 AM #9
hush
Seņor Member

Malawi is definitely on the list. I'd like to delve into the African strains.

hush's hidey hole

hush is offline Quote

Old 09-12-2018, 05:53 AM #10
Samuel Caldwell

Samuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to all
Congrats on the little one!

Best of luck with the garden!