Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Bugs in lobster compost

Thread Title Search
-
Bugs in lobster compost Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2018, 07:38 PM #1
nickman

nickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud of
Bugs in lobster compost

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this but here it is: I bought some lobster compost from a grow shop near by... it’s coast of Maine lobster compost... Ive heard good thing about it- anyway , I mixed this with some dry amendments for a top dress on my plants that just went into bloom...

I noticed that there’s a lot of very very very tiny clearish - white mite looking bugs crawling in the compost... of coarse I noticed this after I did the top dress...!!!...

They’re too small for a pic

nickman is offline Quote

Old 08-14-2018, 07:52 PM #2
Smug_Pepe

Smug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to allSmug_Pepe is a name known to all

Last edited by Smug_Pepe; 09-22-2018 at 03:24 AM..
Smug_Pepe is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:03 PM #3
Patmando22

Patmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to behold
I hate gnats.... but yeah I agree Hp mites or hypoasis miles. Some company's are now adding them for the exact reason smug mentioned, gnats in the compost. They keep getting complaints so allot of the big guys now just add Hp mites to help fix the problem.
Patmando22 is online now Quote

Old 08-14-2018, 09:56 PM #4
nickman

nickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud ofnickman has much to be proud of
No shit... I would of never guessed...!!!...

Yeah don’t like them little f.ckers either. I seem to always get them in the summer from a bag of store bought soil... I use DE but it can be a pain in the ass sometimes, depending on how many plants u have to top dress and then I always have to top dress again with it after watering ...

Thanx guys

nickman is offline Quote

Old 08-14-2018, 10:43 PM #5
Patmando22

Patmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to beholdPatmando22 is a splendid one to behold
I actually just ordered some Hp mites to help with my fungus gnats and when they got here they weren't living ....bummer
Patmando22 is online now Quote

Old 08-23-2018, 03:48 PM #6
cocktail frank
Ubiquitous

cocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant future
CoM is a really good store bought compost.
The bugs you're seeing are beneficial.
“Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do,
every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.
And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish,
where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!
But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money!
He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!”

R.I.P. George Carlin
the funniest man to ever walk god's green earth.
R.I.P. Buckeye
cocktail frank is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-23-2018, 11:41 PM #7
larry badiner

larry badiner has a spectacular aura aboutlarry badiner has a spectacular aura aboutlarry badiner has a spectacular aura aboutlarry badiner has a spectacular aura about
i never thought fungus gnats were that bad until i found a colony stuck to the resin glands of my budding plants

6x6x8 tent, 3x300w led, 1x1000w hps, 12 pot flood and drain with a 55 gallon rez, maxigrow/flora nova
5x5x7 tent, 1x600w hps, happy frog soil with plain tap water
2x4x7 tent, 2x300w led, 12 plant sea of green, happy frog soil and plain water

remember to apply the scientific method to your grows!
https://www.sciencebuddies.org/scien...entific-method
larry badiner is offline Quote