Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > Please help me decide which seeds to pop first!!

Thread Title Search
Please help me decide which seeds to pop first!! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2018, 08:13 AM #1
FJ2000

FJ2000 will become famous soon enoughFJ2000 will become famous soon enough
Please help me decide which seeds to pop first!!

After an almost 2 decade hiatus from ďgrowingĒ ( in retrospect the grows of my early 20ís were totally out of control with over vegíed sativas running up into lights fired by obnoxiously loud magnatic ballasts in rooms with little ventilation, Iím lucky I didnít start a fire or get clipped by the fuze)
Iíve decided to take another shot. This time Iíve got a secure basement room with good ventilation, I installed a dedicated circuit to code to run my setup in a 2x4x7 w/ Solis tek ST600 ballast, Can Max Pro ( havenít decide which size filter to run yet). Got the 600 figuring to dim to 400 for the 2x4 for a few grows then move it to a 4x4 for flower and get a T5 for the 2x4 to use as a veg tent.
Iím using coco, I have a stash of GH 3 part that I use in my kitchen DWC system( basil, lettuce..) so Iíd like to use that before maybe moving over to soil at some point in the future. Iíve got ec, pH meters, all that stuff from my DWC setup. Been lurking the forums for awhile and rereading Clarkeís MJ botany, so i think Iím ready to roll.
So hereís the seed stash Iíve acquired..
10 Seedsman Skunk #1 Reg
10 Nirvana Northern Lights Reg
10 Nirvana White Widow Reg
I have a bunch of Fems and autos in 2,3 and 5 packs
Seedsman Cheese fem 3
Nirvana OG Kush auto 5
Nirvana Aurora Indica 2
Greenhouse Kings Kush 2
And a few more Iím gonna hold off on.

Was thinking about running say 5 of one type of the regular seeds for the first three grows and save the fem seeds for a time when I can do cuttings. With the remaining 5 of the regs try to seed a few buds to get more seeds.
Iíd love to run the skunk first but feel maybe Northern lights might let me get the ventilation system settled without blasting it with the stank, wife is totally cool but I do need a little stealth.
Iím really looking forward to growing those old school strains from the 80ís and 90ís, I know they are not the same but even if I can touch a little of the vibe that the OGís of the game did itíd be sweet. Getting gear is so cheap and easy now, I have mad respect for the old heads who were coming up with this stuff in the basements and attics all while dodging the cops or busting out to Amsterdam.
What do you guys think, which seeds should I run first?
Thanks, Iím psyched to start this new adventure.
Peace!!
FJ2000 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:23 AM #2
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Do your Nirvana Aurora Indica at least.

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

Old 08-14-2018, 08:32 AM #3
FJ2000

Troutman,
How do you feel about running multiple strains in that small a space? Cool if they’re all say indica dominat hybrids?
Was thinking to run the Aurora fem with a few NL regs.
FJ2000 is offline Quote

Old 08-14-2018, 09:20 AM #4
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Just do it and post pics.

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

Old 08-14-2018, 03:31 PM #5
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Aurora Indica should run well with NL.

Lets see some pics once ya get the ball rollin.
MJPassion is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:35 PM #6
FJ2000

Well the last 3 weeks was a train-wreck...started with 7 seeds, used the paper towel method on 5 NL and
2 Aurora
Both Aurora popped..got some growth and then lost one to damping off I assume. 2 of the 5 NL popped, one is left after damping off again...
I planted into some Cyco Wormix and I think that itís to heavy.. going rapid rooters next time.
So with only 2 plants left I attempted to pop 5 more NL.. one germinated and itís devlepoing itís first set of leaves, also germed 2 Kings Kush. These 3 have some catching up to do but was hoping to top and train the first NL and Aurora. See what happens.
Lessons learned, no cyco Wormix for seedlings and donít put a 2í 200 T5 light to close to seedlings 🙄

The Aurora
FJ2000 is offline Quote

Old 09-20-2018, 08:54 PM #7
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
That sucks you lost seedlings, but it sounds like ya learned something, so in the long run that's a Win.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is offline Quote

Old 09-21-2018, 03:49 AM #8
FJ2000

Hmm, my pic of the Aurora seedling is gone...
FJ2000 is offline Quote

Old 09-21-2018, 04:38 AM #9
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Check if album is set private or public, if private we cannot see it I'm pretty sure.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is offline Quote

Old 09-21-2018, 05:12 AM #10
Mlewis1987

Mlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really nice
I’m running some seedsman cheese right now and it’s been a pleasure. I see you have some of those as well. I’ve got 3 distinct phenos 2 of which are really short and stout and the other is a bit taller. All good choices for your tent. Good luck with everything. I’ve had the best luck the past few runs with the rapid rooters for both seeds and cuttings.
Mlewis1987 is offline Quote