What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

G&M: "Ottawa urged to withdraw from UN drug treaties ahead of pot legalization"

Egzoset

G&M: "Ottawa urged to withdraw from UN drug treaties ahead of pot legalization"

Salutations Canuck fellows!

How about some more reading for a change?

Globe and Mail: Ottawa urged to withdraw from UN drug treaties ahead of pot legalization (2017-Jun-2)

« Canada is currently one of more than 185 parties to three United Nations drug-control conventions — the 1961 Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs, the 1971 Convention on Psychotropic Substances and the 1988 Convention against Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances. »

Hummm...

Somehow i get the feeling some TrudeauMania supporters simply can't stand the full historical version of Canadian reality - relatively to bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionism anyway!

Some creative revisionists, hey?...

M'well, lets see this whole hate-lover/love-hater legacy in its true entire globality, no "half-truths" and/or "true-lies" (...), which implies starting at the roots of evil and that's 1925, e.g. while the LIBERAL Canuck senator Raoul Dandurand was presiding at the League of Nations...

After all wasn't it that very same year when "Indian Hemp" became a new target for this equally fresh-new "extra-democratic" (...) foreign body??

:whistling:

The thing is he married Joséphine Marchand who happened to publish a monthly pro-feminist magazine titled "Le coin du feu" (1893 ~ 1896).

jg31hk.jpg

Here's the elite couple as mentioned above and i got a hint Emily F. Murphy aka Janey Canuck (author of "The black candle", "Marahuana - A new menace", 1922) was most likely acquainted with them since she also was part of the elite on top of being a high-profile activist herself, decarated by the King with the St-Jean de Jérusalem "Dame of Grace" cross (while she was an eugenist bitch!)... Did she send copies of her book to serve as "reference" for the UN library? Whatever, etc.?...

The international cannabis ban took place without much explanations really - and that wasn't even a 1st occurence as there's been "mystery" surrounding the Canada-wide national ban of 1923 as well, this one performed by Henri-Sévérin Béland, another brave LIBERAL though with "medical" background - and yet far from enough to be able/willing to dispute the classification of "Indian Hemp" as "Poison" by Montréal's Pharmaci$ts a$$ociation, besides arsenic and cyanure that is!...

21ezu5i.jpg

Sénateur Henri-Sévérin Béland​

In days when cannabis was a NON-ISSUE, essentially!!

35hpg7m.jpg

(from 1890 print i believe.)

So, briefly put "The Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs" of *1961* seems just too CONVENIENT for all of those self-serving (so-called "public servants") on the land of cap'tain Itnoc: In The Name Of Children!!!

In addition lets consider that for a Québec voter it hurts "legaleezation" a great deal to have to live with only 1 of the 45 LPs (last time i checked!)...

8vq3yf.jpg

Oh, 36 in the August 24th report of 2016 and now 45: e.g. systematic green money extraction, pumped out of my province tenfold compared to what's to be expected, essentially!... As a bonus Québec got its 1st case of HOMICIDE by SPVM-GTi police over ~8 oz which didn't even belong 100% to a man named Jean-Pierre Bony. That was a mere ~5 months after elections day, as i recall; the fatal hit actually occured just a few hours from April fool's day, as to send some vague political "message" many concluded. A bully one considering the shooting occured when the victim showed up in the middle of a solid window frame: judging from the manufacturer information this fatal "cinetic wand" was shot at unsafe distance to the head, apparently, euh... And they blamed the dead while late TV news refocussed public attention on burned cars instead!!

One way or another admire our "free" (propaganda) press at work today! Who in here could pretend they already knew about this other international treaty linked directly below, for your own conveniency dear readers:

[ https:// www.admin.ch/opc/fr/classified-compilation/19250006/index.html ]
(Sorry, this is the French version from Switzerland...)

Convention internationale relative aux stupéfiants
Conclue à Genève le 19 février 1925
Approuvée par l'Assemblée fédérale le 14 juin 1928
Ratification déposée par la Suisse le 3 avril 1929
Entrée en vigueur pour la Suisse le 2 juillet 1929​

Now please pay special attention to the number of "hits" while searching for these exact key-words below:

• 1 Hit - "Canada"
  • 9 Hits - "Chanvre Indien"
  • 1 Hit - "Cannabis" (sativa L.)
  • 1 Hit - "Hachich"
  • ZERO HIT - "Enfant" (child)...

Ah, there they are!! The LOST children of planet Itnoc! So it's no surprize they so ellusive, statistically...

Honestly i've got to wonder how senator Pierre Claude Nolin would have reacted if he were still alive to share his insight and experience at the parliament of Ottawa!

Good day, have fun!! ;-)

Rider420

Yet bill c45 is already on the second reading and will pass and become law before the end of the year.

I'm sure Justin is really human along with all the other so called elitists in the liberal party. just because they are smarter and richer then you does not make them part of some huge conspiracy to get you. BTW thank god the liberals have denoted more money for mental illness some people really do need our help.

Gmack

Well I agree with rider for once! Not sure what the op is on about but Canada will not pull out of any international treaty's to pass marijuana legislations nor wil we be kicked out for doing so. The us has blazed the path a few states at a time. C-45 won't pass by the end of the year btw. But that's not the important part of this topic.

VanCitysFinest

these treaties will be a problem..

Amsterdam and Portugal de-criminalized as opposed to legalization to avoid violating these treaties..

Uruguay is the only country to fully legalize and they weren't apart of these archaic contracts..

Rider420

these treaties will be a problem..

Amsterdam and Portugal de-criminalized as opposed to legalization to avoid violating these treaties..

Uruguay is the only country to fully legalize and they weren't apart of these archaic contracts..

So who is going to enforce these treaties? The UN whos leader has already agreed with the reasons Canada is legalizing cannabis? "To protect our kids"

What did Trudeau say oh ya "just watch me".:laughing:

Egzoset

Salutations,

So who is going to enforce these treaties? The UN WHO's leader has already agreed with the reasons Canada is legalizing cannabis? "To protect our kids"

M'yeah, while the LIBERALS started with ZERO HIT for children in the "Geneva Opium Convention" of 1925, with Raoul Dandurand (and the shadow of his activist wife) around, i guess...

Well Louise Arbour who happens to be a former high court juge and also a UN insider made this comment the day right after UNGASS 2016, in case you didn't care to use my link previously provided for your own convenience (...)! She was clear declaring that "cheating at the margins" was "a threat to the credibility of international law", as i recall, and more:

picture.php

« ...The UN’s confirmation that countries must continue to work with “this repressive framework” is “a pretty sobering statement... »

Either denounce those UN treaties or fake being in compliance with them, she said.

:whistling:

So, does Trudeau actually mean to get just as abusive as what the treaties always allowed our governments to be since the initial ban(s)? In absence of a strong demonstration intended to denounce bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionists i'm forced to conclude this hesitation (much like moonwalk dancing!) only announces what's to expect: moving backwards as it's been pre-programmed under Harper to take *us* nowhere further in the direction of pro-cannabic progress. After all he already admitted he wasn't doing it to "please" consumers, using some peculiar body language which failed to inspire trust, by the way!...

picture.php

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

Last edited:

Rider420

ROLMFAO in less then 388 days cannabis will be legal not in spite of what the Liberals have done but because of it.

FYI Under the great conservatives we have a six month mandatory sentence for six plants under the Liberals new law it would be a 200 dollar fine. Six months in jail vs 200 fine ya the cons are so much better when it come to cannabis. And the NDP crap about decriminalizing cannabis and balancing the budget at the end of the last election was pure bs.

BTW I really get a good laugh at someone who blames todays liberal party for something that was done 92 years ago. And I thought the Cons were out of it because they hate Justin for what his father did. But stoners who blame the Liberals for cannabis being illegal really do take the cake!

Egzoset

Salutations Rider420,
Salutations Gmack,

...smarter and richer then you...
...conspiracy to get you.

...ya the cons...

With enlighted insight such as that i only need to let the readers decide what's the reality actually all about, depending on their own political bias most possibly, yet i'm ready to proceed using only hard facts.

For example:

G&M: Ontario man sentenced to life in prison in U.S. for cross-border pot smuggling (2016-Jan-15)

« ...sentenced in federal court in Syracuse, N.Y. despite objections that the punishment was cruel and unusual. »

As a (colateral damage) "side note", apparently Gaëtan Dinelle was father of a young girl when arrested.

Not sure what the op is on about...

Right there:

...some TrudeauMania supporters simply can't stand the full historical version...

Nor even the more immediate time-line (no love for Jean-Pierre Bony, etc.), for that matter:

RT: Cars set alight, police station attacked during anti-police brutality protest in Montreal (VIDEOS) (2016-Apr-7)

« ...The Wednesday demonstration was initially organized as a peaceful protest in response to the death of Jean-Pierre Bony, 46, who was shot by a police rubber bullet during a drug raid in March. He later died of his injuries. »

JM: Un témoin raconte la frappe où Bony Jean-Pierre a trouvé la mort (2016-Jul-19)

« ...Trois dates importantes... ... 31 mars 2016... ... 4 avril... ... 6 avril... »

It's one "legaleezation" incoherent occurence among many and there's been quite an alignment of similar (symbolical) "political message" events meant to charm those very same voters who used to support Harper before...

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

Last edited: