What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just my first PC grow setup

Hen

Hi, this is my first PC grow setup. The seed (Master Low) has broken ground today. The top light is an 11W 2700K, and the bottom light is a 7.5W COB, also warm white. A bit under-powered, I know, but lets see what happens.

Above the lights is a light trap connected to an outlet fan. See https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=341677 for more details.

JrUI760.jpg

I'll try and post weekly pics.

Last edited:

Hen

Temps are a little high 30.5C / 87F and humidity is a little low 19%.

I currently have a tray of water around the pot, but it doesn't seem to be helping the humidity levels (at least when the lights are on). I would need to buy one of those mini humidifiers, but I would have to wait weeks for it to arrive.

I would also have to run the fan a little harder, but then it would make too much noise :D

I might just leave it be and let it run its course this time, then go back to the drawing board for the next grow.

M

Mr. Sparkle

don't worry about the humidity much as it will change when your plant/plants get bigger and persperate more, also 30 degrees C isn't bad, for reference my pc cases run around 28-32

Hen

Whoops, on the 15th, I forgot to pH the nutrient. So pH was 6.3, instead of 5.8.

Week 2

Normal growth, I think. The stem looks a bit thin though.

Nutrients: AN GMB at 2ml/L 1:1:1

Pic Week 2 (after 7 days)

jF1SEmx.jpg

Hen

Week 3

Upped nutes to full strength (today).

I should be able to sex it very soon now.

L9llNZe.jpg

Hen

Week 4

Well, I can't see balls yet, but neither can I see flowers.

Pic - Week 4

DbdcLJW.jpg

Last edited:

Hen

Very nice. I like experimental micro grows with leds, hope she is she.
Thanks, I've noticed some white pistils so it looks like a girl.

I'm going to take out the white cob and replace it with a red one tomorrow. This should lower my temps a bit.

I'll be out of town for a few days, so I hope she can manage a bit of a drought. She does like the drink, but hopefully the cooler temps will help with that.

Hen

I came back to find it hermied :( I guess I won't be breeding this because apparently, offspring are more likely to be a hermie too.

I don't know what caused the stress. Perhaps it was the light change, or that I sat it in a puddle for the days I was away. Any ideas?

I think I will let it finish to completion, so I get a little more experience with full grows.

Hen

The tie-downs were tilting the pot too much, so I returned the plant upright. Next time I'll user a pot with a bigger surface area so this won't happen.

Space is running out in the PC case, so I am kind of wrapping the branches so they are closer together. Fun and games :D

Week 6
hPRFaFn.jpg

Hen

Week 7

Ok, so here is the latest.

EIHnwKH.jpg

So I think there is a bit of nutrient burn happening. Perhaps I should flush with pH'd water or cut back on the nutes, or perhaps both? I'll go with the flush first.

4eCljQ7.jpg

And perhaps a little mold on the coco? Well , either that or salt build-up.

jYmjzv7.jpg

Hen

Some very weird smell coming from the plant recently. It smells a little fishy to me. I googled a bit and got some similar results, with someone attributing it to growing in coco. I thought this was probably the most accurate...

Smell's CRAZY, never smelled anything quite like it, Kinda like SOUR..Poo..crossed with parsley with a hint of Armpit! :D
Everybody that smells it makes a sour face!

This guy has a good nose :laughing: I would say that was pretty close.

Latest posts

Latest posts