What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cooking with vaporized remains

jimbob420

Hey everyone,

After using a volcano or other quality vaporizer you are left with leftovers affectionately called "vaporpoo"

At first I used the vaporpoo to make butter. Ratio of 1oz poo to 1lb butter. Makes kickass butter that is way different than regular cannabutter in that it causes a much more narcotic type stone. I theorize that this is because we already vaporized most of the thc or some cannabanoid out and when used to make butter we are only getting cbd or cbn or something different than when vaped.

Anyways I just started make oil from my leftovers and it always comes out dark but it isnt green and it gets u ripped, since I have like 20 cups of cannabutter in the freezer I had to find something else to do with it.

My friend made ice cream with it but it came out pretty nasty since you cannot do the same trick with milk as u can with butter...meaning you cant mix the milk with water and cook it with the canna material and then throw it in the fridge because the milk stays liquid...but my main question is could you make it with pure cream and water so that when it goes into the fridge the fat will seperate from the water and you can either syphon it off the top or drain it out the bottom. Anyone have any experience in making canna milk and how did you do it, and not the seed milk method either.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
this is a question for a canna cook?

do we have a canna cook in de house?

calling a Canna Cook!

intereszing question mate. there must be a way.

Storm Crow

Veteran
I used to make powdered milk into full fat milk using butter and gelatin. I don't see why it wouldn't work with canna butter. It's been about 25 years since I made it....Make your cannabutter. Then take a tablespoonful of gelatin and disolve it in a little water over heat. Put it in a blender with milk, and the melted, but cooled, cannabutter. blenderize well. Refrigerate if you aren't going to use it right away. The gelatin will help hold the fats in suspension for a while. It will eventually separate, but my kids drank it all up before that happened. The gelatin won't hurt the ice cream, some ice cream recipes use it. Good luck!

edelephant

In high school I use to make this mean Herb Tea. I would use Vitamin D milk and throw the buds into an empty tea infuser. Before I had the infuser I would just throw it in a Coffee Filter, throw the milk in a container on a hot plate and add honey and normal tea ingredients. Needless to say, it got everyone rocked!!! I think the ratio was a 1/4 of herb to a 1/2 gallon of Vitamin D milk, it has the most fat content, and therefore the best milk to use. Using vaporized weed you probably would need to use a lot more herb material.

Let me know if it works!!! I have about 3 oz. of volcanized headies!

tainted

yup^^sorta like "bhang"

the recipe for ice cream..is cup milk (full fat) + cup cream per 150g trim...strain the weed...NO water..can use all cream just not heavy whipping...makes atleast one pint...less is better...

standard "creme anglais" pastry recipe then passed into a ice cream maker...(add yolks/sugar/cook to make anglais)

add flavours as necessary..eg chocolate/vanilla beans..try wedging a scoop of ice cream between two oatmeal canna cookies..then canna bho choc coat it..west coast US thing...

jimbob420

but when u make butter u use the water to seperate all the nasties out... so if u use milk with no water dont all the nasties stay in the mix? We already made one batch in that exact way but it didnt taste the best so I was thinking it was because of the leftover nasty stuff...I mean when u see the water u throw out from making the butter it is pretty nasty stuff. I like the idea of making an emulsion and then quickly using it to make the ice cream, just havent found the time(or the need ;-) ) to do it

tainted

the real reason/necessity for the water is to cook butter...butter burns quickly without water adn a lbs of it doesnt hold the amount of 100g dry herb..clarified butter would perhaps work..but wouldnt harden...and be useless for baking

amd yes youre 100% right...that stuff we pour out the butter will be in the milk...why you need better filtration...french press to cheese cloth..or some side towels and a squeeze...

if you STRAIN the milk..yes it will taste like ass as youve found...but you just made creme de weed soup...as i said mixing/creaming the butter will improve taste..and turning milk & creams into ice cream improves the taste as shit becomes oxidized and nasty off aromatic volatiles vape in the low hum fridge/freezer conditions and the latter cooking process..& also where the flavours come in and the actual savior...chocolate and peanut butter even can cover the taste of shrooms...made tea flavour ice cream and almost retched...

so sounds like you might be more interested in a PB fudge recipe...just use alton brown (foodnetwork.com) microwave recipe,...requires no hard ball pastry cook bullshit or a candy thermo..just throw the pot butter/sugar/peanut butter and mix...so easy...take 5 minutes..

1 cup butter, plus more for greasing pan
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 pound confectioners’ sugar

Microwave butter and peanut butter for 2 minutes on high. Stir and microwave on high for 2 more minutes. Add vanilla and confectioners’ sugar to peanut butter mixture and stir to combine with a wooden spoon. Pour into a buttered 8 by 8-inch pan lined with waxed paper. Place a second piece of waxed paper on the surface of the fudge and refrigerate until cool. Cut into 1-inch pieces and store in an airtight container for up to a week.

"woudnt it be better for taste to do an iso extractioni out of it first then only use the extraction to cook with?"

hell yes...but would increase production costs and shit on weed-to-final product efficiency...

Latest posts

Latest posts