Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > 2017 tester run - KC x Zamaldelica fem

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
2017 tester run - KC x Zamaldelica fem Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2017, 09:10 PM #1
deepwaterdude

deepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of lightdeepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of lightdeepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of lightdeepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of lightdeepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of lightdeepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of lightdeepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of lightdeepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of lightdeepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of lightdeepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of lightdeepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of light
2017 tester run - Zam mango carrot elite F1 x Kali China F4 elite fem

Hey, all, here we go again These are testers provided by Sir Dubi and friends at ACE. If everyone did business like these guys, it would be a great planet. Muchisimas gracias! I'll try to provide as much detail as possible.

I have so many different Panamas to smoke every day, I decided to go with the Kali China / Zam cross to add a little Indica goodness to my pile

2 days ago I chose 4/7 of the beans to drop in water. It wasn't too hard to choose as seeds were uniformly mottled and equal sizewise. Dropped 'em 2/10, and by yesterday evening they had all popped like littleneck clams. I potted them this morning in 4"pots w/happy frog soil that hopefully isn't too spicy, and turned on the heat mat under 'em. I'm hoping to see little green faces by Valentine's day I think last year I had some pop on the same date.

I've prepared a mix of Happy Frog, Slacker coco mix and seedling mix in their final container. It holds about 10gal of medium, or 40 liters, and over the next couple of weeks will get leeched of most of the nutes, as they're pretty strong in the slacker. I shouldn't really have to feed until flower in 4-6weeks. It's about 50-50 coco/soil

Here da pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Very hard choice.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	396742 Click image for larger version

Name:	The candidates-KC x Zam.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	396743 Click image for larger version

Name:	The chosen 4.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	396744 Click image for larger version

Name:	All good within 36hrs.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	396745 Click image for larger version

Name:	4 Little clams.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	396746

Name:	Into Happy Frog 2:12.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	396747 Click image for larger version

Name:	70cm l x 40cm w x 20-25cm depth.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	396748 Click image for larger version

Name:	Final container, going in 3 x 3.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	396749

Last edited by deepwaterdude; 02-17-2017 at 12:24 AM.. Reason: to be precise about genetics
deepwaterdude is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:45 PM #2
Syd Barrett

Syd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to all
Hi dude!Very interested to see if there will be much variation...I popped only one and looks very stumpy indica with good branching.I popped my seeds on Val's day last year,too
Good luck!
Syd Barrett is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:22 AM #3
deepwaterdude

deepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of lightdeepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of lightdeepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of lightdeepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of lightdeepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of lightdeepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of lightdeepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of lightdeepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of lightdeepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of lightdeepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of lightdeepwaterdude is a glorious beacon of light
Watcha, Syd I was looking for variation in the seeds, and there really wasn't much or any. I thought if I found one with less striping I'd definitely run it, but they were homogenous. Now, like you say, interesting to see if there's a sleeper in there. I'll run all four regardless. If they're nice and squat and branchy, that should be good for mainlining. Did you subject yours to any stress/training?

Old 02-13-2017, 12:37 AM #4
Syd Barrett

Syd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to allSyd Barrett is a name known to all
I always try not to top them,silly of me,I know,but I somewhat pity them.I 'd like to let her do her thing,but in flowering she may change her ways,we are in unchartered waters here The alternative being LST once in the final pot (gonna be soon) .
Mainlining sound like a sweet plan!
Syd Barrett is online now Quote

Old 02-13-2017, 07:52 PM #5
Buddler

Buddler has disabled reputation
Nice cross DWD Looking forward to watching them progress.B
Buddler is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:37 AM #6
deepwaterdude

Ha, I wish I could take credit for this cross, I just chose from a long and rich list I did find a very few seeds in my favorite green lemon zinger Panama that I think are from Tikal. Both parents great plants so I saved 'em. There were a lot of Ethiopian and Honduras crosses that sounded good, and after having seen a few grown out, I'll have to pick some of that up, too.

Old 02-16-2017, 03:10 AM #7
deepwaterdude

15 Feb and 3/4 are above ground; the fourth is grower error as I saw yesterday that the seed and taproot were sitting on the top of the soil, washed up while getting water and I didn't notice. May have dried out too much to recover so I dropped another bean in water while I hope for the best. No sweat.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:58 PM #8
Koondense

Koondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of lightKoondense is a glorious beacon of light
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
I was going to pop a ZMDxKC but I gotta pick some other test variety.
Maybe PurplePCK x Panama will be a good choice.

DWD, best of luck with these, I'm very interested to see their development.

Cheers
Koondense is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:13 AM #9
deepwaterdude

Day 1 - all up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koondense View Post
I was going to pop a ZMDxKC but I gotta pick some other test variety.
Maybe PurplePCK x Panama will be a good choice.

DWD, best of luck with these, I'm very interested to see their development.

Cheers
Thanks, Koondense. I'd say go ahead and pop a couple anyway, unless you want to do a big selection. I think Sir Doobs wants to see them grown by many in many different ways possible. Could be cool to have a bunch of side by sides going on.

That said, of COURSE Purple PCK x Pam is a good idea. Pretty much always nice choice. I been wanting to taste Zam for a while so I opted for PamZam.

Today's nudes; #s 1, 2 and 4 have been above ground a full 24hrs, and number three, the one I thought wouldn't make it, is just poking her head out now. Meanwhile, there's # 5 just shooting a tail in the glass (which is usually covered). So they're gonna be cinco for at least veg. Hell, we'll see. FUll on.

Here da pics. They're under 200w of t5. Badass high output light, but may soon put them in the tent under about the same wattage of LED.

Other news, gonna dump that soil/coco mix I made for fear of the same root aphid problem and go for some Batch64 pioneer or something. Or Lambert's soil mix w/added npk. Not sure yet. Got time
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Set up at 24hrs life.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	397480 Click image for larger version

Name:	From top left, #s 1, 2, 4, 3.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	397481 Click image for larger version

Name:	Numba 1.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	397482 Click image for larger version

Name:	Numba 2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	397483 Click image for larger version

Name:	La numero 4.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	397484

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:04 AM #10
deepwaterdude

Day 4 - Going faast

I'm already getting attached to these hairy legged girls. I love one that faces adversity and shows a real will to live, like #3. Number one has the reddest stem and is slightly darker than the others, other than that, very uniform after a few days under the light. I've got a fan on 'em and they are not going vertical, staying squat. I've also got good humidity for once, running a humidifier almost 24/7 to get to 65-70%. Normal is 10-15.

The alternate bean (#5) having shown its tail is now in the muck 2 days. Should be up by tomorrow, my guess. First five pics are feb 18, second five feb 19. DOn't want to spam with pics, just got closer shots the 18th.

*side note; went on a CO dispensary run for a friend who wanted edibles for post surgery recovery, so of course I took advantage of the situation to grab a few cheap grams; 2 of NYC sour diesel (real nice, just smoked some - eyes very heavy but good vibes), 1 of Bruce Banner (rolling it now - OG x Strawberry cough) and a gram of pitch black Skywalker OG. I haven't smoked this kinda stuff in a year, so after a heavy week, I'm pretty happy sitting here too stoned to be in public
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Da gang - feb 18.jpg
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	398005 Click image for larger version

Name:	Zam:KC #1.jpg
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	398006 Click image for larger version

Name:	#2.jpg
Views:	5