What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Leaves rolling onto their sides or all the way over

stucrew

I haven't encountered this before. The leaf edges on some of the plants have been curling up but yesterday morning I awoke to plants looking droopy and the big fan leaves on their sides or even rolled all the way over so the bottom of the leaves were up. I'm about 5 weeks from sprout and 15 days since put under metal halide 600 watt running 24/7. Growing in 3 gal smartpots with Canna Coco and perlite. My temps have been steady in low 70's and RH in the mid 30's to low 40's

Attachments

• Leaf roll feb 6.jpg
    Leaf roll feb 6.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 11
  • leaf stem roll two feb 6.jpg
    leaf stem roll two feb 6.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 11
  • leaf droop feb5.jpg
    leaf droop feb5.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 8

stucrew

I put a cool mist humidifier in there this morning and the RH is now about 50 and the plants are looking more normal. Perhaps that is the problem. I upped the nutrient strength yesterday from 650ppm to about 950ppm. The plants looked a bit to light green and thin leafed. The new growth look a bit darker already. Being new to this I am trying to respond quickly to symptoms instead of letting them get too far down the bad path. I'm always looking for good advice. I know many of you have good experience.

Farmer B

I'm new also but looks to be to warm. Try having more then one temp gauge in diferant areas. And make sure lots of air flow.

stucrew

I'm new also but looks to be to warm. Try having more then one temp gauge in different areas. And make sure lots of air flow.

Thanks Farmer B. I know it's not to warm. However, I think the effect from having too low humidity was causing the same symptoms as too much heat. I put a cool mist humidifier in and I think it's really helping. We'll see if it keeps getting better. Airflow I know is lacking. But I'm fighting colder air outside my veg room. If I don't get enough improvement within a week I'll address the intake air better.

Attachments

• Zod feb6 evening looking better.jpg
    Zod feb6 evening looking better.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 9

Farmer B

When my leaves look like that is usually stress. Heat. Witch my gauge says good but my light distance is not were foits supose to be by spec. It prob a combo of water and heat. You say it's good but I have had bad temp gauges that's y any one needs a few. They look good but do need some kinda change. I have 1000 w keep at 28-30 inch. I am beginner so hopefully some one els can give you more I

Farmer B

Again I am new to this but when leaves are out side the pot especially that young they need a bigger pot. I whent from a small seedling into a 1 gal pot. In 2 weeks I had weird symptoms. They were barely hanging over the edge of the pot. Thought it was root rot. They were root bound in 2 weeks. From a week old seed to 3rd week in a pot. They grow fast

Farmer B

Mine were under 1000w 24/7 for 4 weeks from popped out of dirt and showed pre hairs. 6 weeks total then 12/12rite befor 12/12

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
what's your ph? how often do you water? what medium?

looks like ph is off, too much food, or underwatered. i'm leaning to underwatered myself.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Hes in coco. Ph, ppm, what nutrient, etc.
??

About heat and humid.
Download a VPD chart and follow it as close as you can without causing other problems. Temps should be the same or 10deg cooler at night.

Ratzilla

Veteran
With myself the leaves mostly top ones will roll up like a taco with to much heat and or light being to close.
When I see twisting leaves, mostly after a feeding I think Ph.
I had a renowned grower tell me to think of twisting leaves as you would of first getting into a hot tub. oh oh oh then it gets to ah ahh ahhh.
My twisting leaves straighten back up in a day or two.
Your plants do not look like they are in MUCH stress.
Ratz :tiphat:

chronosync

Well-stoned member
woah

woah

I put a cool mist humidifier in there this morning and the RH is now about 50 and the plants are looking more normal. Perhaps that is the problem. I upped the nutrient strength yesterday from 650ppm to about 950ppm. The plants looked a bit to light green and thin leafed. The new growth look a bit darker already. Being new to this I am trying to respond quickly to symptoms instead of letting them get too far down the bad path. I'm always looking for good advice. I know many of you have good experience.

Thats a hike. Ive never been that brave (not true)

I try to raise strength fairly gradual unless i know different. The jump alone might be the cause of stress im surprised they diddnt burn.

High ec changes the way pH works? Idk ive heard it said (but what havent you)

stucrew

Thanks everybody. It has been a busy weekend. I'll have to think about your ideas. Here are pics. The humidifier is helping but I'm sure it isn't doing enough.

Attachments

• ZOD feb7 inverted 2 plants on left to the front and front to back.jpg
    ZOD feb7 inverted 2 plants on left to the front and front to back.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 11
  • ZOD feb7 left side.jpg
    ZOD feb7 left side.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 12
  • ZOD feb7 right side.jpg
    ZOD feb7 right side.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 13