What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Few Warehouse Shots | RB26

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
subbed

View Image

again

link to the new one?

Impressive space RB...good luck with it. I hope to see you fill the whole thing soon!

Nice! Sub'd. Those high wall rooms scream Gavita's. Hoping you show your systems to us, environmental etc. Best of luck to you.

i,m with everyone else , awesome . can't wait

Tuned in for the show. Nice work! Expect no less though :). Respect!

Thanks everyone, appreciate the feedback. Gavita's are indeed in order.

Hihi
Looks good, but why are you using lumber?
Steel studs would be easier, cheaper, etc.. no?
It just looks like too much work for me.
Where I live we are prohibited from using lumber for fire code reasons.
It's also easy to carry a stack of them at once. Easy to handle, Easy to cut, whatever.
Thanks.

...and plywood too! that's a definite no-no

No, that is not the case here. With a good carpenter, lumber is definitely the way to go. There's a reason metal studs are cheaper.

http://www.reavesbuildings.com/why-wood

"While it sounds hard to believe, it’s absolutely true. Wood retains its structural strength at temperatures higher than 2000°F, while steel loses 80 percent of its strength at 1000°F. As it’s melting during a fire, steel bends and twists. According to many firefighters, it is extremely difficult and dangerous for them to stop a fire in a steel building and for people to escape. Firefighters often use the term running time, which is the amount of time they have to get everyone out of the building before the steel is too dangerous to work on."

Can I have a Job?

Maybe?

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Tuning in. Looks awesome

Count me in...love your work

Damn, you have a big space to fill. glue it homie.

Subb'd for sure RB!

Looks like someone took the last of the popcorn , but still sounds interesting.

:lurk:

tagged.
peace-T-

Thank you all :tiphat:

can't wait to see those gg5.0 pics :)

Gotta double check with JW that I'm allowed to put her on the map like that, but hopefully he won't mind me running a room of her.

This is also the reason fire fighters traditionally use wooden ladders.

Indeed!

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Picture updates. Pulling wire, laying conduit, transforming from 480. Pretty much whats on the plate for the next week. After that, metacrylics on the interior, HVAC, and all done.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sluicebox

Is that raised flooring to keep the root zone steady temp? Excellent work there. Love the pics of your build, nice and clean.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Git-r-done Homie! Good luck to you and your crew.

Following along :)

Thanks!

Is that raised flooring to keep the root zone steady temp? Excellent work there. Love the pics of your build, nice and clean.

Thats definitely one reason. The concrete subfloor varies in temperate and humidity throughout the day - so it is insulated under there. The main reason is because I build sloped floors for a drain to waste application though. If you look closely at the blocks floor height on the exterior end wall, you'll see they gently slope as they go along. Its hard to see in the picture below because there is a bunch of stuff in the way, but I can document the floor situation in further detail if people like...

picture.php

Z

z-ro

That's a lovely looking building. Hopefully you get to build out the rest of it too. Good luck, I'll be following along like everyone else.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
I'm watching this nice job and that's gonna be a lot to view thanks for showing us

pulling up a couch ..I am in it for the long haul...yeehaw..cant wait to see it runnin

That's a lovely looking building. Hopefully you get to build out the rest of it too. Good luck, I'll be following along like everyone else.

No problem, thank you for following.

Nicely done, what´s the size of one room?

8KW rooms are 16x16 and 12KW rooms are 16x20.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks!

Thats definitely one reason. The concrete subfloor varies in temperate and humidity throughout the day - so it is insulated under there. The main reason is because I build sloped floors for a drain to waste application though. If you look closely at the blocks floor height on the exterior end wall, you'll see they gently slope as they go along. Its hard to see in the picture below because there is a bunch of stuff in the way, but I can document the floor situation in further detail if people like...

was wondering if you were going to do the sloped floor still or not . it is a cool design :good:

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Impressive build I'm definitely watching

was wondering if you were going to do the sloped floor still or not . it is a cool design :good:

Thanks! Yeah I like the sloped floors for multiple reasons. It adds a lot of structural support, it insulates from the subfloor, its easy to spray down and clean, and it ends up being cheaper than purchasing a rack/tray system anyway.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
I wouldn't mind seeing the floors in action. Its hard to visualize the run off system.

Ok, I'll try and get some additional pictures.

You are doing it right RB. Nice work.

Are you a Nismo head or did RB26 come from somewhere else?

Peace
GC

Counting down the days until I can legally import :dance013:

lookin forward to seeing this thing take shape

In for the show!!

Thank you guys for tuning in.