What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

florida og - dna genetics

matt11

Got a pack of these in my current run, was wondering if anyone has any experience with this strain? Cultivated or smoked.
Its supposedly an elite og kush cut, the crippy cut. Hoping to get some fire phenotypes.

BadRabbit

Got a pack of these in my current run, was wondering if anyone has any experience with this strain? Cultivated or smoked.
Its supposedly an elite og kush cut, the crippy cut. Hoping to get some fire phenotypes.

assuming you mean the florida gold, I just harvested a freebie seed, very vigorous plant, but nothin' special in the end result. Just one seed so it don't mean much of anything though.

matt11

assuming you mean the florida gold, I just harvested a freebie seed, very vigorous plant, but nothin' special in the end result. Just one seed so it don't mean much of anything though.

no, not the Florida gold, FLORIDA OG is what I'm talking about. Florida gold is a whole different strain bro.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Am I the only person that thinks the "florida OG" is probably complete B.S?
No one has ever proved OG is crippy, so why should we believe this mysterious cut is anything out of the ordinary in terms of OG?

I find it highly suspicious no one has ever shown anything called florida OG, until DNA comes out with s strain of a lineage that can never be proven.

matt11

No one has ever proved OG is crippy, so why should we believe this mysterious cut is anything out of the ordinary in terms of OG?

I find it highly suspicious no one has ever shown anything called florida OG, until DNA comes out with s strain of a lineage that can never be proven.

very true.
But in reality I dont give a shit if its the legit crippy genetics. As long as its genetic lineage is real og Kush or is super fire nonetheless.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran

Nobody really knows for sure, some know the truth but the 99 others know full well they are bullshitting to big up their/friends bagseed OG.

Crippi is Colombian commercial weed, Dutch genetics, it gets to Florida, becomes a generic word for bud, like Skunk, 'dro, and now Kush, but I have hardly ever heard it tied in to the OG stories

Im waiting on 2 packs of Florida OG and one pack of Florida Lemons. Im not keeping my hopes up but i'm interested in seeing if any of them resemble the crippy I used to get. I don't know if crippy is a strain or just the old cuban term in the 90's but every crippy I've had was fairly uniform in appearence, taste, smell, and potency every time I got it throughout the years. One thing I can say however, is that none of the crippy I have ever had smelled, tasted or smoked like a true OG. Just my .02

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Coming from DNA hacks I won't expect too much apart from lots of BS and hype to gain sales... who knows what the strain really is!

A nice OG Kush coming from Florida is the Triangle Kush though, some say the best!

Heavy Dayze

Ive grown out a florida gold before. just 1 fem seed freebee, one of my most prized cuttings and sadly lost now. Im sure its the closest to a clone only OG Ill ever find in seed.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Ive grown out a florida gold before. just 1 fem seed freebee, one of my most prized cuttings and sadly lost now. Im sure its the closest to a clone only OG Ill ever find in seed.

No,man. There's a few great breeders that have OG seedline's. Karma Genetics, Archive are a couple.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Coming from DNA hacks I won't expect too much apart from lots of BS and hype to gain sales... who knows what the strain really is!

A nice OG Kush coming from Florida is the Triangle Kush though, some say the best!

yea florida og =triangle kush & it soposed to be real good.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
I have a couple of these seeds going right now. If they represent the TK, like the Kosher Kush represents the Jew Gold cut, they should be fire. I will post updates on them as often as I remember to, lol. They are only small (3") seed plants, so I t's gonna be at least 3 months before I have any flower pics.

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Hmmm .....

They dont have jew gold. there first cups won as kosher where my crews bud bought and enterd.

They dont have Josh D.s cut either.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Well whatever they have that they are making Kosher seeds with, it's really good. Definitely OG of some sort, because it shares the same smells and taste as the KOG x Biker beans I ran.

matt11

I read that the 'Florida OG' is the cookie family's Triangle kush cut that DNA acquired when they got the banana and sherbet etc...

thanks for the info. I also read somewhat the same; the Florida is the cookie family or the Crockett family's COVETED triangle kush cut of og kush .
So basically fl og = triangle kush (og kush)
all I know is triangle Kush is dank as fuck.
I'm running a 6 pack now in veg and their on point thus far. And they all look pretty much like the same phenotypes, indicia dom, except one, witch looks totally sativa dom, and alot darker green.
When I'm in bloom ill put up pictures , not much to see now.

Brelva

Cookie fam have always insisted floridah og is not the same as tk. The pictures they've posted of it in flower look like its a bit of a larger yielder than most og's but that could be down to the grow. In all reality it is probably the same og that originally went from florida to cali back in the 90's and got renamed a million times since (ghost, tahoe etc etc)