What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

slevin_

Hello guys,
a month has passed since my last update.
I'm getting happier with my LED chandelier!
Plants are at 12-12 from October 4th.

Hello everybody. here are some photos, urrà for the led!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I've seen a couple of threads mention the led corn bulbs as a micro vert alternative, I was just wondering if anyone has seen these and the versatility they would provide in a micro grow.
They come in 30, 40, 60 and 75 watts. The 30's are medium base, and I think the rest are mogul base, but self ballasted of course. 5000k on every wattage, and 2700k at least in the lower ones. They are probably not as cheap initially as an array of lower watt bulbs, but it's not my main concern.

What are these led lights specific called in the pic?

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just for the record, I have an NYCD CBD plant a bit more than three weeks into flower under 7 Philips 13W/1520lumen 2700k bulbs going nicely

And I'm now using 2 9w T8 type lights in the (re)veg compartment
where less headroom is available.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Beauty El Tigre!

Nice clean setup Slevin. :)

I've had mixed results with these screw-in LEDs. I think they are a tad too strong for real young seedlings and I'm thinking they really need to be kept further away than a lot of you guys have been running them. I like 18-24 inches away with my bar of five 8 watters. I would go even further away with stronger wattage bulbs I think. I watch the plants and the leaves are not so happy if too close. JMO.

igrowone

Veteran
I've had mixed results with these screw-in LEDs. I think they are a tad too strong for real young seedlings and I'm thinking they really need to be kept further away than a lot of you guys have been running them. I like 18-24 inches away with my bar of five 8 watters. I would go even further away with stronger wattage bulbs I think. I watch the plants and the leaves are not so happy if too close. JMO.

very useful info, curious what other experiences there may be with vegging
still vegging with cfl's but definitely want to move on
for flower led's are a different world for us micro growers

slevin_

Hi guys, i remember 12 bulbs x 12 watt led panel.

42 day from switch, great for now!
I hope Led Bulb explode my bud in this weeks!

Next grow i think i increase the power whit other 3 bulbs for have 15x12w panel and 180watt.

Hi to all see you soon, if you wanna follow me you find the grow in the signature.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

slevin_

Hi jonhova, are you asking me?

Guys, I would like your opinion, I'm still new with the LEDs, do you think my bulbs are too far from the bud? I keep them at 20cm.

jonhova

Hi jonhova, are you asking me?

Guys, I would like your opinion, I'm still new with the LEDs, do you think my bulbs are too far from the bud? I keep them at 20cm.

Yea im in love with how clean your fixture looks. Very professional compared to my cleat socket and scrap wood hack job lol

slevin_

Yea im in love with how clean your fixture looks. Very professional compared to my cleat socket and scrap wood hack job lol
lol Thanks, I used normal aluminum profiles and then I locked the cables with black ribbon, the rest is attached to the ceiling with straps.
this is some pick.
picture.php

picture.php

I watched your cab is very beautiful and green!

Hey slevin. I asked the same around in a thread I made. I got this information from another led grower. Hope it helps

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7929581&postcount=39
:tiphat:

Jonhova mate scrap wood is fine. I am not growing at the moment but my setup is all ready and this is what I made

Nothing special mate. No shame in using scrap wood.

Thanks Gantz,
your information is very useful, practically the same as the room I used, although in the first flowering phase I also fell to 10 cm and in fact I had the faded tips.

Thank you guys!!!

_HeC_

Amazing thread, inspired me to finally get something of my own going!

Currently have 18 10w bulbs(12 3k & 6 5k) with the room to add 20 more light sockets if need be. Going in a 32"x32"x6' cabinet

picture.php

picture.php

How the heck are you guys getting pics inside your tent/cabinets? I have to stand like 8' away from my cabinet or else my phone camera goes crazy with black lines everywhere lol
picture.php

I have a couple things I want to change with the cab, but I got some time while I germinate 4 random bag seeds