What's new

If it Bleeds, It leads... Tigermelon x Dragonsblood f3 - Bodhi Testers

billycw

Veteran
Tigermelon x Dragonsblood f3 pheno #2 harvest day 70
One of my favorites #2 finished with lots of red shades. A delicate blend of funky foul blooming flower, smelling like your sitting in a field of blooming flowers eating funky funyun's. Some funky foxtailing growth with a dense structure that did real good even in lower light areas and a branching structure made her yield very well. Plenty of resin to cake up the pipe.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
Tigermelon x Dragonsblood f3 pheno #1 day 73
Took this girl down at day 73, large yielding sativa girl with nice branching structure and a good stretch. Smells just like the scene in the sound of music, spinning in a clean fresh mountain field of blooming flower's. Unique terp profile, never really got the onion funk the rest seem to have, all fresh and clean.
picture.php

7606.gif

Interesting that the plants "bleed". It looks like a nice cross too, eager to read the smoke report when the cure is done.

I did some reading and apparently the Dragon's Blood has '88 G13 Hashplant in it.

I have a supposed G13 plant that "bleeds", so I'm wondering if that is where the bleeding characteristic comes from and if so that may verify my G13 as G13 or G13 Hashplant which would be awesome for me...

billycw

Veteran
Thanks lifehack, appreciated:biggrin:

3rdEye thank you, when I smell it that was the first thing I thought of, might have to call her Maria. If it was a dryer sheet smell, I'd use it :biggrin:

CosmicCharlie- Thanks for tagging in. I thought the same thing about the G13 being used in the BX but have read further in detail. No G13 in Dragonsblood f3 as far as I know. Where it gets confusing is a cross Bodhi made named Dragonsblood Hashplant (dragonsblood f2 x 88g13hp). All the online sites quote this strain under "Dragonsblood" as being the lineage which is wrong it is "Dragonsblood Hashplant".
Pretty sure Dragonsblood f3 is a male & female from the 23 "96 pipeline hashplant" seeds Bodhi popped. With those seeds Bodhi open pollinated 2 generations to get to this f3 male. Hopefully I have that right, someone can jump in if I'm wrong:tiphat:

Quote from Bodhi
new dragons blood lines

i have been working on a secret project for a few years, not trying to be sneaky, just wanted to make sure i could pull it off before i spilled the beans. I’m about 75% done and things are going very well. its a new male, a male that brings with it a unique genetic marker. the male and its progeny bleed a dark red/violet high brix sap that resembles blood, along with a very different terpene signature and a beautiful uplifting high. originaly i called it just blood, but to not confuse people with the old Hawaiian sativa of the same name, i renamed the line dragons blood after the dark aromatic tree sap used by magians to ward of negative energies and infuse the work space with positive vibes. the line is based off a unique individual from the pipeline hashplant seeds, i sprouted all 23, and one plant had the red trait, I’m thinking it has hawiian blood ancestry deep in its genetics or it was crossed pollinated by the blood. the line dates from the mid nineties, and was bred by a kind soul with deep roots in islands cannabis heritage, he’s no longer with us but will live on through the seeds. in order to isolate the traits in blood specimen i took a pipeline male and crossed it to the blood, then grew out 33 of those looking for the blood trait, about 30% had the trait. i then took those plants and open pollinated them. the next wave had 50% blood traits. repeat the process, now were up to 70%. f1 hybrids with the line are showing a 50% blood traits. blood expressing hybrids of hybrids are showing 0% blood traits with a limited experiment of only 6 seeds. i think one more ix of the line and it will be pretty dominate, I’m hoping not so dominate that it takes over, the deadly g inbreeding taught me that further is not always better, its about balance and synergy. I’ve grown out the dragons blood hashplant (dragons blood f2 x 88g13hp) twice, she’s a beautiful frosty beauty, with that refreshing effect on the mind, body, and soul. testers with the f3 males are ready, and f4s will be popped soon. I’m not sure if i want the trait to stay within the f1’s and initial hybrid outcrosses or be dominate enough to move more freely into the greater gene pool.
the applications are novel and vast. put a hundred og’s in the room, not an easy task to tell them apart, but if one bleeds red you know which that one is. you can also link the trait to other traits making breeding easier by selecting for colored sap individuals. starting family lines and lineages from this royal blood pool will offer up endless possibilities. with deep gratitude and love, Its my pleasure to offer up this this true breeding scarlet cannabis treasure line for the community and the future…

Interesting...

The plant I have that bleeds came from a bag of "G13", so who knows if it's even G13 and if so if it's an S1 or what it was pollinated by.

I just think the bleeding trait is interesting.

Bodhi says the bleeders have some different, interesting traits like a unique terpene profile and uplifting high.

I'll have to see if my bleeder "G13" is different from the other "G13" plant I have that doesn't "bleed". They are about a week from showing female now, so I'll know something in a couple months lol.

billycw

Veteran
CosmicCharlie- I do remember someone back in the day having a g13 cross that had a bleeder in a pop. Think it was on CW but might have been OG, for the life of me I can't remember who it was or what G13 was used. Pretty sure it was not NDNGUY's g13hp but either the airborn cut or pacific cut. Interesting find from the sounds of it:biggrin:

billycw

Veteran
I've also seen the bleeding trait pop up in random lines over the years too. I just had a bleeder from csi:Humboldt's Mendocino Purple Urkle run. That is heavy indica line's, but have also seen it on the sativa line's such as the dragonsblood. Very little to be found on the old Hawaiian "Blood" plant Bodhi refers to, but I'm all ears:biggrin:

Csi:humboldt's mendocino purple urkle - bleeder
picture.php

billycw

Veteran
Tigermelon x Dragonsblood f3 pheno #3
Solid producing sativa girl is the longest of the bunch rounding day 96. Like sweet and sour chicken I can't tell if this girl is fresh or funky. Like having some garlicish B.O action happening in your car, so you click a mountain spring air freshener in the a/c vent to send a mixed waft. Looking like she will be done day 100 or so.
picture.php

Hey Billy,

I've been interested in the dragonsblood due to the unique red sap. Have you found a correlation between red stems and red sap or is it just as common on the green stem plants? Thanks! Beautiful buds btw, looking really exotic.

-pH

billycw

Veteran
PrimalHaze, think the bleeders may have had a bit of red highlight's to the stem but not really enough to stand out from the others. I also noticed a bit more darkening from within the stems when pinched for super cropping. Nothing bled when harvesting, come to think of it. Last time they were bleeders was cloning right before flower. The bleeders had a more branchy sativa frame smelling on the fresh floral side. Thanks and hope that helps, smoke report real soon:biggrin:

billycw

Veteran
img-3-small580.jpg

Vasilij V. Vereshchagin- The Opium Eaters, Painting 1868 Uzbek

Smoke report time...

Sample is most likely my keeper Pheno #2

Appearance- tight but fluffy sativa structure(reminds me of Apollo) but covered on every tip with trichs. Little bit of color on some but mostly lime green and orange with Christmas morning snow.

Smell- upon breaking up a bud smells of perfectly ripe blooming flowers perk the nose with funk soon following like the end of a parade, with a onionish, eucalyptusish chem type tone.

Taste- lets get weird, have you ever smelled a perfecty smelling blooming flower and tried to taste its petals only to be disappointed with the outcome? Well upon first inhale the taste of blooming flowers, yup a childhood goal accomplished, floral type taste washes the mouth. Upon exhale first is a sweet floral layer with a nice coating quality followed by the same onionish type funk but staying sweet and floral.

Effect- Loved Super Silver Haze back in the day and this really reminded me of her. A nice rushing sativa ride that starts a bit active with a great eye burning effect that lets you know your there before the confused active projects begin. Think your clear but realize your pretty high, yup they know. Great day smoke with great legs. Haven't found the ceiling yet but washed it.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Tigermelon x Dragonsblood f3 pheno #3
Solid producing sativa girl is the longest of the bunch rounding day 96. Like sweet and sour chicken I can't tell if this girl is fresh or funky. Like having some garlicish B.O action happening in your car, so you click a mountain spring air freshener in the a/c vent to send a mixed waft. Looking like she will be done day 100 or so.
View Image

I love strains that smell like that, no fruitiness just funk

B

BAKED_BEANZ

Hey Billy,

I've been interested in the dragonsblood due to the unique red sap. Have you found a correlation between red stems and red sap or is it just as common on the green stem plants? Thanks! Beautiful buds btw, looking really exotic.

-pH

just to help anyone out , the dragons blood i,m running . at around day 24 /35 from germ , you can actually see the red sap through the actual stem . so to be clearer . you will know without tipping or topping which ones do or don't . you can see the dull purple/red vain running up inside the stem .
i wasn't looking for the trait , i just noticed will sexing plants

Last edited:

billycw

Veteran
As promised, albeit long overdue, a new school Bhang Recipe I developed. Enjoy my friends...

Lets take a history stroll going back to the Vedic origin story of the "churning of the sea"...

Here some of the gods living on earth when Indra, king of the gods and all of the three worlds, was a dick to rishi Duravas. In return Duravas cursed the gods and they began to weaken in strength letting the demons gain equal power as gods...

Seeking a cure, the weakening Gods with the help of Brahma go to Vishnu on the edge of the Ocean of Milk. Vishnu answers...

“Do now as I command: cast into the Milky Sea potent herbs, then take Mount Mandara for churning-stick, the serpent Vasuki for rope, and churn the Ocean for the dew of life [amrita]”

Proposing to make amrita, a sacred substance that bestows immortality and vigor, but the workload exceeded the weakened strength of the Gods, so they partner with the daityas (demons) promising equal share in the amrita...

churning-of-the-milky-ocean.jpg

1760s illustration of The Churning of the Milky Ocean - Depicted are the devas (gods, upholders of cosmic order; light) and the asuras (demons, disrupters of cosmic order; darkness) churning the Cosmic Ocean in a “tug-of-war” in order to obtain Amrita, the nectar of immortality.

As the Gods and Demons churn the Ocean of Milk, things start to appear out of the mixture... First to rise out was Surabhi, the wish-giving cow.

This went on until Poison rose out. Wanting to save the world Shiva grabbed the poison and drank it...

Choking Shiva turns blue...

At the dimmest of times for Shiva, choking on poison, Dhanwantari appears holding the vessel of amrita saving Shiva...

The appearance of the amrita had the demons wanting their cut, but Vishnu denies their request for the fair share starting a 12 day battle(or the 12 year war) between the gods and the demons...

Wanting to protect the Amrita the gods hide it in the mountains spilling a drop upon the ground. From this single drop upon the earth, a cannabis plant grows...

Later after a family argument, Shiva retreats to the himalayas laying in a field under a cannabis plant for shade... Awakening under the plant and taken by the beauty of the leaves Shiva crushes and eats it, making the first Bhang...

Taken by this, Shiva brings Bhang down from the mountain for all of mankind to use...

concocting_bhang_hp44.jpg

Shiva making Bhang

With these kind of origins its no wonder the Vedas thought Cannabis was one of the 5 sacred plants on earth and said to have guardian angels in its leaves...

Referred to as the "source of happiness", being a "joy-giver" and a "liberator" that was given to mankind to help "attain delight and lose fear", Cannabis holds high reverence even with the gods...

billycw

Veteran
Part 1: the medicated base

Crock pot Coconut Dulce de Leche

Some notes before we start. My wife likes this runnier then I with more coconut oil added. She likes to drizzle on ice cream or any desert befitting. For this I only cook for 8-9 hrs, I like a thicker sauce so I cook for 9-10 hrs.

Recipe

4 8oz mason jars (6 works well too)

2 cans (14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk

1/2 vanilla bean or vanilla bean paste (I sub 1 teaspoon- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract)

1 teaspoon - 1 tablespoon coconut oil (I recommend 1 teaspoon each)

Instructions

1. add 1 teaspoon - 1 tablespoon coconut oil per mason jar

2. Pour equal portions of sweetened condensed milk into each mason jar

3. add vanilla to each mason jar

4. Stir all mason jars and seal tight with lids

5. place jars in crock pot with water added 1" above rims

6. set crock pot on low and cook for 8-10 hours (the longer you cook it the darker and thicker it becomes when cool)

Cool and enjoy...

Ingredients
picture.php

add 1 teaspoon - 1 tablespoon coconut oil per mason jar
picture.php

Pour equal portions of sweetened condensed milk into each mason jar & add vanilla to each mason jar
picture.php

Stir all mason jars and seal tight with lids
picture.php

place jars in crock pot with water added 1" above rims, set crock pot on low and cook for 8-10 hours
picture.php

billycw

Veteran
Part 2:

With the history of Bhang out of the way and our medicated base of dulce de leche made we are ready to start. I'll start by saying the accepted old school version of ground fresh buds and trim mixed with yogurt and milk adding spices tastes well, thickly green...

I have made this updated version using a thai tea recipe. Sure its not original Bhang drank at Holi, but it tastes way better and is close enough in structure to call... Thai Bhang Tea...

Coconut oil can be tricky to add to a drink especially a cold one as it likes to harden and separate. To smoothlessly accomplish this task we are making Dulce de leche first to incorporate the coconut oil into the sweetened condensed milk.

I recommend making the dulce de leche a bit runny at 8 hours cook to mix right in the tea. I use 1 teaspoon per drink.

Thai Bhang Tea

Ingredients

1 tablespoon black tea (1 or 2 tea bags)
1 cup of hot boiling water
2 teaspoons medicated Dulce De Leche (sweetened condensed milk for unmedicated version)
2 teaspoons evaporated milk (plus some more to sprinkle on top)
2 teaspoons sugar
1 cup of crushed ice

Instructions

1. Steep the tea for a few minutes until it turns nice and dark in color.

2. Taking a new cup, pour in 1 glass of hot tea

3. Add 2 teaspoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons of sweetened condensed milk, and give it a nice stir

4. Then add 2 teaspoons of evaporated milk, and continue to stir the tea until everything is fully mixed in

5. Optional - A good Thai iced tea should have a little froth or some bubbles on top, so take 2 pitchers, and pour the tea from one to the other, with a bit of elevation. You could do this in a different way too, but it’s pretty fun!

6. Take a cup and fill it all the way to the top with crushed ice, Tip (place spoon in cup before you pour hot tea in to take the heat away from the ice.)

7.Gentry pour your hot tea mixture over the cup of ice

8.To give your Thai iced tea a final creamy touch, drizzle on some more evaporated milk onto the top of your cup

Ingredients
picture.php

1. Steep the tea for a few minutes until it turns nice and dark in color
picture.php

2. Add 2 teaspoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons of sweetened condensed milk
picture.php

3. give it a nice stir
picture.php

4. Then add 2 teaspoons of evaporated milk, and continue to stir the tea until everything is fully mixed in
picture.php

billycw

Veteran
Thai Bhang Tea continued...

5. Take a cup and fill it all the way to the top with crushed ice, Tip (place spoon in cup before you pour hot tea in to take the heat away from the ice.)
&
6.Gentry pour your hot tea mixture over the cup of ice
picture.php

7. To give your Thai iced tea a final creamy touch, drizzle on some more evaporated milk onto the top of your cup
picture.php

8. Enjoy your amazing Thai Bhang Tea
picture.php

Authentic Thai iced tea recipe (cha yen ชาเย็น) - street food style
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltE9ufnrA-g

Stay thirsty my friends...

Latest posts

Latest posts