What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

If it Bleeds, It leads... Tigermelon x Dragonsblood f3 - Bodhi Testers

billycw

Veteran
The Bodhi family has blessed me again with a fresh new round of testers! Like a good old time game show...

Lets see whats in the Box!

2-ATlhg-Copy.gif

picture.php

Tigermelon x Dragonsblood f3

Whole packs will be soaked with a better moon(about a week or so). Lots of lineage to speak of and much to be excited about. This thread will be for the Tigermelon x Dragonsblood f3, I will run a separate thread for the BSHB purp x NL5 purp. Let the good times Roll...

Huge thank you to Bodhi for trusting me with these gems.

billycw

Veteran
Jumping right in to this line, lets see what we have for lineage...

Tigermelon x Dragonsblood f3 = (chem d x uzbekistani) x Hawaiian pipeline hashplant f3

Now correct me if I'm wrong but the Dragonsblood f3 male is I believe a straight f3 of Bodhi's pipeline hashplant (Blood Pheno), i've seen it written with 88g13hp added in and don't think this is the case here. Maybe someone can clear that up for me.

Here is Bodhi's description of his Dragonsblood line
new dragons blood lines

i have been working on a secret project for a few years, not trying to be sneaky, just wanted to make sure i could pull it off before i spilled the beans. I’m about 75% done and things are going very well. its a new male, a male that brings with it a unique genetic marker. the male and its progeny bleed a dark red/violet high brix sap that resembles blood, along with a very different terpene signature and a beautiful uplifting high. originaly i called it just blood, but to not confuse people with the old Hawaiian sativa of the same name, i renamed the line dragons blood after the dark aromatic tree sap used by magians to ward of negative energies and infuse the work space with positive vibes. the line is based off a unique individual from the pipeline hashplant seeds, i sprouted all 23, and one plant had the red trait, I’m thinking it has hawiian blood ancestry deep in its genetics or it was crossed pollinated by the blood. the line dates from the mid nineties, and was bred by a kind soul with deep roots in islands cannabis heritage, he’s no longer with us but will live on through the seeds. in order to isolate the traits in blood specimen i took a pipeline male and crossed it to the blood, then grew out 33 of those looking for the blood trait, about 30% had the trait. i then took those plants and open pollinated them. the next wave had 50% blood traits. repeat the process, now were up to 70%. f1 hybrids with the line are showing a 50% blood traits. blood expressing hybrids of hybrids are showing 0% blood traits with a limited experiment of only 6 seeds. i think one more ix of the line and it will be pretty dominate, I’m hoping not so dominate that it takes over, the deadly g inbreeding taught me that further is not always better, its about balance and synergy. I’ve grown out the dragons blood hashplant (dragons blood f2 x 88g13hp) twice, she’s a beautiful frosty beauty, with that refreshing effect on the mind, body, and soul. testers with the f3 males are ready, and f4s will be popped soon. I’m not sure if i want the trait to stay within the f1’s and initial hybrid outcrosses or be dominate enough to move more freely into the greater gene pool.
the applications are novel and vast. put a hundred og’s in the room, not an easy task to tell them apart, but if one bleeds red you know which that one is. you can also link the trait to other traits making breeding easier by selecting for colored sap individuals. starting family lines and lineages from this royal blood pool will offer up endless possibilities. with deep gratitude and love, Its my pleasure to offer up this this true breeding scarlet cannabis treasure line for the community and the future…
Quote from this post here on Icmag https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6897135&postcount=4586

Last edited:

billycw

Veteran
Now with all the amazing pairings of mothers with Bodhi's dragonsblood f3 male, why was my first choice Tigermelon?

First lets have a good look at her...

Bodhi's picture of tigermelon, copy and pasted
picture.php

If that wasn't enough, we read his description of his tigermelon mamma... I have also seen reference to melon and mango thrown in the mix.

Copy and pasted from Bodhi in a 2011 post
tiger melon: chem d dom with insane frost and an aroma of honey rolled durbar sandalwood incense...

Breaking down the lineage of chem d x uzbekistani, I don't see how I couldn't pick tigermelon as the mamma.

Bmac1

Veteran
Pulling up a seat for another Bodhi show. Tiger Melon is a purty girl for sure and I cant wait to see what you find in the testers. BEst of luck.

ValleyKush

Veteran
I have 2 phenos of snow leopard (tigermelon x snowlotus) and they both yeilded very well, have an amazing sandal wood and perfume smell and are super potent with a deep, well rounded stone. Not much of an indica guy and never liked chems but this one is quite nice, has enough of a head to keep me interested.

Needless to say I will be pulling up a chair. Good luck!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Sweet! i'll be watching this. I am very curious about the dragonsblood. red sap!! will that trait be passed on to all his offspring? I wonder other traits it will pass on. I hope it makes them as frosty as the snow lotus line!

just one thing is bothering me. i noticed this a while ago, maybe you can clear it up since you seem to do a lot of research. So I looked up Tigermelon and this is the lineage listed on s33dfinder:

Tigermelon »»» ChemD x Uzbekistani Hashplant x Apollo 11 Genius Pheno

so is that an error? internet, you never know who to trust

FYI, from my experience growing Snow Leopard (tigermelon x snow lotus) i think the Tigermelon is pretty wild; narrow leaf, branches everywhere type plant.

billycw

Veteran
Shcrews- A couple different sites have that listed as lineage, screwed me up researching. I'm pretty sure that the A11 added was a release of "Flying Tiger", I may be wrong though, would love to clear that up if we can.

ValleyKush- Thanks for sharing your experience with her, much appreciated.

Bmac1- Thanks, Bodhi keeps putting out some amazing ladies, keeps me coming back for more.

billycw

Veteran
A September 19, 2011 post from Bodhi about his chemd x uzbeks keepers:biggrin: I want uzbekistank:woohoo:

the chem d x uzbeks came out outsanding, i have two plants i kept from that line...
uzbekistank: a funky hashplant supreme, big fruity musky chem buds with a full surround sound high...
and..
tiger melon: chem d dom with insane frost and an aroma of honey rolled durbar sandalwood incense...

billycw

Veteran
Soaked the pack of 11 full moon style on the 27th, 10 popped tails within 24 with 1 needing some encouragement but all popping tails. 9 above ground so far. So the journey begins...

picture.php

MR_Falcon

Veteran
wow man, you just got the cool threads going on, we running some similar stuff. I'm testing the TK x DB f3 now & also received the BSHB X NL5 which I will be popping shortly. here's a pick of some 'blood' from the TK cross(if ya don't mind)...:tiphat:

picture.php

I guess I gotta follow all your threads. :headbange

billycw

Veteran
MR_Falcon- Thanks man, your bleeder looks great! I'm lurking your thread at the other site, for some reason my account was never activated so I cant post just look, dont feel like changing handles so I lurk:biggrin:
Real close to the same picks on the large list, I wonder what your 5 were, I had my eye on the Congo Pine & highland lao pairings, hope to see those tested out. Feel free to post up anything, more then welcome:tiphat: I'll be lurking your thread.

sticky367

very interesting, cant wait to see how they turn out. I have some tranquil elephantizers I am saving till next season

billycw

Veteran
While our females are getting the eye of the tiger in their new pots, ready for flip within the week, I thought we could look at some males of the bunch. Looking like sativa frames with a nice stretch. Cut everyone for clones a little early to bleed, but have tested the males out now and have 1 of 5 males showing the blood red sap. Interesting indeed.

Some males who could resist showing balls at the party and the bleeder
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
BOMBAYCAT- welcome aboard the ride, should be a fun one.

Was pinching one of the females like a proud Grandma, when I noticed she bruised red. Guessing she will bleed when cut, no talking your way out of this one :biggrin:

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
We will get to see 5 females in this pack. Had 1 bleeder out of the males, and 2 bleeders for the females. Weird in that it seems to be almost a reaction that occurs when you cut, having a slight rush of red sap(be it only a drop) then it seems to soak into the fiber leaving a blood orange affect. When continued to be cut on the same branch it seems to stop after a couple. I'll post 2 bleeding about 1min or so apart then a pic of a 3rd cut to the same branch that doesn't bleed 4 min after initial cut.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

All 5 females were thrown into flower. Seeing a more lanky sativa girl and a slightly broader leaf one still with a stretch. Getting blooming tropical flowers to hash type of smells on most right now.
picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
Starting to really take shape about 18 days in flower. Seeing 2 main pheno's for growth one branching out nicely, one staying close to the main stalk while still having some stretch to the main. Digging the smells as they get stronger, reminds me of the febreze commercials, dirty stank front end with a nice blooming Hawaiian flower finish.

Tigermelon x Dragonsblood f3 18days
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

billycw

Veteran
An added bonus to this test run will be something I stumbled upon reading about Uzbekistan. While reading about the history and the silk road routes that go through Uzbek, I came across some Vedic references about the God Indra. Lets just say when your depicted with a girl riding you while she's holding "Soma" for you to drink, you catch my attention.
Indra
4481.jpg

Well the rabbit hole lead me to look at what Soma could have been. One of the possible alternatives that came up was a holy drink that was loved by another god in Hinduism Shiva. During the Holi festival, that celebrates the passing of winter and the start of Spring hence "The Festival of Colors" tag, the drink is prepared. The drink loved by Shiva is called "Bhang", which can be found being made by Shiva in paintings
lord_shiva_grinding_bhang_hk18.jpg

Taking a look at this drink, in present day India at the Holi Festival, it looks like this being prepared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TWRkjT3Bns

The Bhang drink recipe is broken down typically close to this with some additions or subtractions here or there(like yogurt for milk)

Bhang-
Ingredients
2 cups water
1 ounce marijuana (fresh leaves and flowers of a female plant preferred)
4 cups warm milk
2 tablespoons blanched and chopped almonds
1/8 teaspoon garam masala (a mixture of cloves, cinnamon, and cardamon)
1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/2 to 1 teaspoon rosewater
1 cup sugar

I will try to rock out a traditional recipe and a more Thai tea style recipe update I'm currently working on. Enjoy the journey.

Last edited:

billycw

Veteran
Starting to really put energy into bud production at day 28ish. Some good stretch from a couple of these girls(at least doubling the nl they are in with) with nice aggressive branching. A couple choosing to stay close to the stalk throwing good resin production early. Also have some early color,reddish to purple, showing early on bottom sites of one of the girls. Interesting range of smells from the somewhat funky stank coming from the chem d side of things, some nice hash tones to a strong sweet blooming Hawaiian flower smell that is pretty intoxicating.
Day 28ish
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php