What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Osa28

Cartel530

Veteran
Been seeing some people posting on this new product. Contacted them sunday and by night fall they already had a message with my Address for the sample. Received it today :
picture.php

Directions state 0.6ml/ gallon (3ml/5gal) which is about half of what Mills calls for on their Vitalize.

Here is some info i got off the instagram account:

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

mister c

Sounds like a possible alternative to aptus fasilitator...it has silicic acid as well. But the ticket is heeella spendy. If this stuff is cheaper than the aptus, I'm in.

chinqlinq

Sounds like a possible alternative to aptus fasilitator...it has silicic acid as well. But the ticket is heeella spendy. If this stuff is cheaper than the aptus, I'm in.

I believe that is what OSA/28 and POWERSI are supposed to be. They all contain silicic acid, boron, and molybdenum so I'm assuming theyre almost identical product. I know OSA/28 says, "OSA/28 is shelf-stable and has higher silicic acid concentrations of other competitive products but at a lower price"

Fasilitor and RSN8/Resinator are the most expensive nutrients I use by far, if they can cut the cost on these while producing the same/better results... then im in.

grapeoptimo

I'm a Rep for OSA28 If you have some questions you can ask me I will try to check this thread, you can order it off the website as of Thursday. Its nearly identical to other silicic acid products on the market, it has a PH of .4

Dosage is: .6ml/gal, 3ml/5gal, 30ml/50gal

I have a code that gives you a discount as well: suremanco25 use that at check out. Its less expensive than Fasilitor since its domestically produced and distributed by growers. We are all about the growers and the community.

Your looking at roughly ~150-160 with shipping for a 500ml/16oz compared to 230+ for Fasilitor decent savings.

Catatafish

Veteran
Im curious on how to handle the 3 day rez availability that was mentioned on the site?

Can you explain this a little more so i can tweak a work-around if neccessary? I usually use a rez that last about a week or so.

osa28

Im curious on how to handle the 3 day rez availability that was mentioned on the site?

Can you explain this a little more so i can tweak a work-around if neccessary? I usually use a rez that last about a week or so.

Yeah it will always be an issue because of silicic acid stability in solution. Most of the silicic acid is used in the first couple days and the rest slowly polymerizes into unavailable form--won't cause problems though.

Good option is put in at the beginning then blast a foliar mid-cycle. We are working on a more viable option but want to assure efficacy before releasing it.

tommy2snips

Just looking into this kind of product now....as I'm completely sold on how it would be so much better than the regular potassium silicate product I've used for yrs.
What is a cost effective way to use this in a potted DTW coco/perlite garden that uses 30-50gal a day?
If used daily I'd need an extra pound in yield just to pay for the stuff! hahaha

Catatafish

Veteran
Waxy, it will drop your ph with osa28, the opposite of pro-tekt. Works great in coco.

My tap is nasty and high ph. After a dose of osa it doesnt take much ph- to put it in range.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a 250gl rez @ 50$ a week... ehhhh

LOL

I get a kick out of watching OSA spread on IG. They've attracted growers from both sides of the spectrum.

I get the soluble nute growers, most are used to dropping a packed wallet on a litre sized bottle.

But the organic growers? OSA tries to make the argument that diatomaceous earth is inferior because it takes "time and microbes" to become available. Me thinks they have zero understanding of any organic philosophies. Number one being "time and microbes" provide nutrition....

C

cooterbrown420

Got my free sample in the mail yesterday cant wait to give it a go

DemonTrich

Veteran
my grow store guy sold me a bottle of the osa 28 last week. said it will curb my gorilla glue stretch when I flip. 6ml/gallon (iirc what I wrote on my bottle). said it will stop stretch in its tracks. hopefully it works as my glues are already 1' away from being maxed out with my allotted room. staking and flipping my room tonight with this stuff.

and paid 95.00 for a small ass bottle (white bottle, purple jacket). would have loved to score a free sample of this expensive stuff.

Latest posts

Latest posts