Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > In search of Florida Crippy

Thread Title Search
In search of Florida Crippy Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2015, 01:11 AM #1
ThePhiloStoned

ThePhiloStoned is a jewel in the roughThePhiloStoned is a jewel in the roughThePhiloStoned is a jewel in the roughThePhiloStoned is a jewel in the roughThePhiloStoned is a jewel in the roughThePhiloStoned is a jewel in the roughThePhiloStoned is a jewel in the roughThePhiloStoned is a jewel in the rough
In search of Florida Crippy

I'm from Florida and remember that real deal Florida Crippy from the '90s, I was a jitterbug back then, new to smoking but everyone had it in my area...specifically my dad sold pounds upon pounds of it, which is how I started smoking to begin with by grabbing handfuls of it out of his personal stash when no one was looking.

So I know there is much controversy over what the Crippy is or if it actually is a strain at all given that in modern times Crippy is a generic term for any kind bud in FL. But I can attest that it was definitely a strain, it was always consistent, the same bud every time you bought a bag back then no matter who was selling it, too consistent in taste & appearance to be myth or legend.

So I want to know if there are any legit Crippy seeds out there...I know it's considered a clone-only strain, and I'm specifically hunting for the Tampa Cut of Crippy, but I've heard various claims of S1 or Bx1 seeds available on the market. Specifically I've seen DNA Genetics Florida OG which is claimed to be a fem Crippy. Also I've heard that 808 Genetics has S1 & Bx1 seeds of what they call Crippy OG. I heard of a company called Sunshine State Seeds that may have a Crippy clone in their repertoire. My question is are any of these legit? Are there better contenders out there? Is it possible to purchase a legit Crippy cut? And are there any great Crippy crosses on the market?

I really want this nostalgic strain from my adolescent years, prolly more than any other strain out there, it is very near & dear to my early smoking career, so any help you can provide would be much appreciated...thanks IC-ers.
ThePhiloStoned is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:32 AM #2
RonSmooth

RonSmooth is just really niceRonSmooth is just really niceRonSmooth is just really niceRonSmooth is just really niceRonSmooth is just really niceRonSmooth is just really niceRonSmooth is just really niceRonSmooth is just really niceRonSmooth is just really nice
All the FL people i know use Crip to describe any high quality weed. It might be tough tracking down what you remember. I just got a text from FL with a photo of some "crip"

It was very bright green if I remember correctly. I might could find out where it came from.

Old 08-02-2015, 04:52 AM #3
ThePhiloStoned

ThePhiloStoned is a jewel in the roughThePhiloStoned is a jewel in the roughThePhiloStoned is a jewel in the roughThePhiloStoned is a jewel in the roughThePhiloStoned is a jewel in the roughThePhiloStoned is a jewel in the roughThePhiloStoned is a jewel in the roughThePhiloStoned is a jewel in the rough
Yes, as I said in my post, nowadays it has become a generic term for any Kind Bud...that happened because in the '90s the actual Crippy was in such high demand that street dealers began calling everything high grade Crippy as a marketing ploy to sell their product easier.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:21 AM #4
stoney917
i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD

Location: sPeCial EdUcAtIoN tRaiLoR behind the school with the rest of the window lickers
stoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond reputestoney917 has a reputation beyond repute
This again... atleast ur asking not claiming ur dad made made it n u deserve full credit for og.... fukin supaclown was good for a laugh. .. but to answer you ?? Yes there is a crippy cut ...it was kept by a few oltimers who never shared it until recently. .,, it actually is startin to makes its rounds if u in the right circle...

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:13 AM #5
ThePhiloStoned

Yeah noticed a lot of that bs on the various forums...would never make claims like that, just remember smoking it and would really love that cut. So no one has selfed it or back crossed it yet I take it? Wish I was in "the right circle" any idea how to get there? Lol.

Old 08-02-2015, 10:16 AM #6
ThePhiloStoned

And yeah my dad was no grower, just a decently successful distributor.

Old 08-02-2015, 10:17 AM #7
ThePhiloStoned

Any decent crosses made from that cut yet?

Old 08-02-2015, 10:48 AM #8
Big-Narstie

Big-Narstie is just really niceBig-Narstie is just really niceBig-Narstie is just really niceBig-Narstie is just really niceBig-Narstie is just really niceBig-Narstie is just really niceBig-Narstie is just really niceBig-Narstie is just really niceBig-Narstie is just really niceBig-Narstie is just really nice
Turn ya cap backwards you might have better luck lol

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=312803
Big-Narstie is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:17 PM #9
ThePhiloStoned

Lol, they don't make a hat big enough to fit my dreads in, unless you mean my Kufi, and I already where that backwards.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:08 PM #10
blackpulpit

blackpulpit will become famous soon enoughblackpulpit will become famous soon enough
I remember the real deal from back in those days, I lived in Deerfield Beach Florida and most if not all of my buddies hustled it for years, super tight needed scissors, had a distinct smell and taste and a pinner got you ripped! I would suggest checking onto the phonos of the TK kush lines (triangle Kush) I believe this is one of the original Florida 90's OG line and this is were the real "Krippy" came from back then. I am 45 and grew up in south Florida and me and my bud die were just discussing this line and how to acquire it back. Bodhi has a strain called Love Triangle and it uses the TK cut from way back I believe if this helps, good luck.
blackpulpit is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.