What's new

Drone woes aren't just for 3rd world countries ;).

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
good for him .. I would of too......need a jamming device for drones...wonder if you could boost a cell phone jammer??...if a drone hovers around my area I am definitely shooting it the fuck down..jail or not...can you say target shooting..hell I would even use my crossbow to make it tough wingshooting.. might take a few shots but worth it..most copter type drones with cameras actually have a good size target area..yeehaw...if its a dji phantom I could use some more parts..some of these are programmable and return ..

amanda88

Trout has a valid point, how to keep them away from the patch, maybe jam their signals some how?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Trout has a valid point, how to keep them away from the patch, maybe jam their signals some how?

it should be illegal to fly them over any property that you do not have written permission from the owner to be on, and even MORE illegal to film without that permission. i mean, so illegal that no one would even buy the damn things for fear of getting confused/lost, arrested, sentenced, and gang-raped in prison... THAT illegal! :tiphat:

waveguide

Veteran
you just described what happens if you use a cellphone jammer in the u.s.

fcc has extremely strict rules about interference......... they like to do that shit themselves

wouldn't worry about drones, some gormless "me three" rich people.. the people you want to worry about would build things that walk. that's a challenge to do, something you can put your personality into, not just smack a couple of motors on a flight controller you paid $40 for. lazy ass shits.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
you just described what happens if you use a cellphone jammer in the u.s.

fcc has extremely strict rules about interference......... they like to do that shit themselves

i've seen cell phone jammers for sale in catalogs. some (lots!) of churches use them (from what i hear) to keep cell phones from ringing during services. i'm thinking about buying one for my truck, just to fuck with morons too stupid to hang up and drive....:dance013:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I have had a few .. I had a badass one that even stopped my neighbors from getting calls... I bought my first one for movies and dining..nobody close got any calls...yeehaw...I have considered a badass jammer for my car too..been a few years I imagine things have gotten better and cheaper..got my nightvision,hearing enhancement , bug detectors and a bunch of other shit same time..

amanda88

Here we go ....
javascript:popupWindow('http://www.jammer4uk.com/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=28')

Specification:£200.00
RF Frequency 1: 925-960MHz,1805-1880MHz,2110-2170MHz; GPS(1500-1600MHz),WiFi(2400-2500MHz) -Europe Market Frequency Cell phone+GPS+WIFI
OR
RF Frequency 2: 850-894MHz,925-960MHz,1805-1880MHz,1930-1990MHz,2100-2170MHz -Could be used all of the world. All cell phone
Total Power: 12watt
Power Supply: AC110-240V/DC5V/10-21V
Shielding Radius: Up to 40 meters, signal strength <= -75dbm, depends on the signals trength in the given area
Weight: 3KG
Size: 263(L)*140(W)*50(H)mm
Advantagesand Features:

1.Adjustableoutputpower,eachbandcanbecontrolledinseparatelyway

2.Without Remote control to turn on/off the jammer.

3.Smart cooling system, can work 24Hours / 7 days continuously. Nonstopcoolingsystem

Applications:

MeetingRoom,OilandGasStorageFacilitiesandfields,Hospitals,Theatres,RecordingStudios,

Banks,ContractTenderingRooms,Churches,ConferenceRooms,Classrooms,TestingFacilities,

SecurityServices,MilitaryUnits,SecretServices,NewsConferenceRooms,Libraries,Museums,

Prisons,Courts,BorderPatrolandDrugEnforcement,Customs,House.

http://www.jammer4uk.com/new-adjust...ol-p-28.html?zenid=19bstpe08otj6eqfv0c80jdre5

amanda88

still a noob...heres the pic ..maybe?
new-adjustable-mobile-phone-jammer-with-remote-control-p-28.html

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
How do you know if the drone isn't armed? There is a video of a guy that mounted a semi-auto pistol on one. It fired although I doubt it was real accurate.

Drone to drone combat would be cool. I could see me sittin' on the couch taking out your drone with my squadron of fighter drones because you invaded my airspace. Then I would declare war and send my drone bombers to carpet bomb your property.

picture.php

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I own a couple of drones..

I own a couple of drones..

They are fun to fly around.

I think people need to be reasonable when operating their drones and think of their impact on others.

I wouldn't Fly my drone over someone's back yard any more than I would put a ladder on the fence and spy over it.

People need to exercise restraint.

I hope the guy with the shotgun get's his charges mitigated.

Peace

waveguide

Veteran
if you're a tech person you may enjoy reading about this MIT student's experiences with law enforcement.
http://www.ladyada.net/pub/research.html

as always, "special privilege" for people we can use! if she hadn't been MIT, *whisk*

nah. you cannot do cellphone jamming in the u.s., it interferes with your control signals "and could stop 911 calls".

you can buy one abroad, i doubt if you order one it will get to you. you can look at the plans, talk about the tech, but if you use one, they will come after you. i know about this, trying to stop the signals is what "my people" do.

you remember this recent news article -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-using-cell-phone-jammer-motorists-phone.html
A vigilante motorist is facing a $48,000 fine for allegedly using an illegal cell phone signal jammer in his SUV to keep drivers around him off the phone.

The Federal Communications Commission says that Jason R. Humphreys hid the jammer in his SUV and operated it every day on the Interstate 4 in Florida for about two years before he was caught.

LEF

Veteran
I dont think the guy should go to jail for it nor do i think he should pay for full amount of item

Its an eye in the sky afterall, comes to your place... Don't want to play the paranoid card, but one could try to plan a robbery with this, be it house or grow.

Shoot it down I say, if its on your property, why not ? If the guy warns you in advance and you get permission, I think that's something else.

I imagine it was a rush to take that thing down and I will say what someone else said on another website.. When the owner of the drone came with some guys and started intimidating the person who took it down asking if he was the sob that shot his drone.. thats not very nice or smart

StoneyK

Veteran
Its a brave new world....
Gps jammer wont stop MOST drones only the fancy gps enabled ones.... an all it will do to those is make the drone return to home if it loses gps lock it.
I wouldnt let a few assholes spoil the bunch, most drone owners are decent guys just tryin to pass the time with a cool hobby not do serviellance on anyone or anything. Just cruise around an enjoy the scenery.