What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACE PurpleHaze&Malawi, Zamaldelica, Malawi&PCK and PCK&KaliChina OrganicVertCircular

MadMac

far beyond driven...
ACE PurpleHaze&Malawi, Zamaldelica, Malawi&PCK and PCK&KaliChina OrganicVertCircular

high @ all,
well after my last successful grow with Malawi & GT my next lady's are ready to take off ;-)
This time i will do vert in circle around the lamp... hence the name VCSog (vertical circle see of green)
Here some details:
1x 600w hps/mh
1x fence 4m long 2m height > 120cm in diameter

3x Zamaldelica
2x Purple Haze & Malawi
1x Malawi & PCK
2x PCK & Kali China

all plants except the Malawi & PCK are 8 weeks + in veg outside in the sun... the Malawi & PCK now 12 weeks in veg outside...
All show now there sex and one Zamaldelica was the first with white pistols... she is really waiting for flower! :) she is my fav and i will take clones from all this time :)

The plan is now use 600w MH the first 4weeks and than switch to 600w HPS and @ the end the last 4weeks use HPS & MH together.
I expect a flower time around 16 - 18weeks in total. Harvest will be mid November... so first should be ready to smoke around christmas time if i use the cob method...

ok so here are the candidates 8weeks old...

Zamaldelica1 (fav) fast flower pheno and great branching
picture.php

Zamaldelica2
picture.php

Zamaldelica3
picture.php

Malawi & PCK 12weeks old
picture.php

Last edited:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
and the rest...

and the rest...

Purple Haze & Malawi 1
picture.php

Purple Haze & Malawi 2
picture.php

Kali China & PCK
picture.php

B

Baron Greenback

Hello again mac - tagging along for this one. Love to see those all Ace grows.
And they look great already :)

MadMac

far beyond driven...
My new Grow room...

My new Grow room...

high @ all,
so here is now my new grow room design...
as you can see i use a fence 1.8m height and 1.2m in diameter.
I have now a new light source ... that is a mix of hps & mh and has 600watt.
She is bigger as normal hps or mh lights and goes hotter but thats not a issue for me... i have read only good reviews of the light and a friend used it for his last grow... these light will make a big difference also in taste because of the mix of hps & mh.

For me this VCSog looks like the best way to grow Sativa indoors...
We will all see the results in November! Hope i can get even bigger bud's as in my last grow ;-)

The magic with VCSog is that you can use the natural shape of the plant and you bind all branches to the fence... so in total i have now 4m x 1.8m = 7.2 square meter!!!

here is the type of my new light: Elektrox SUPER DUAL MH+HPS 600W

the VCSog cage :)
picture.php

Detail
picture.php

Last edited:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
The Cage

The Cage

high,
well here final pic's from my cage :)
I use diamond reflection foliage... for max light buy out...
I'm really happy that i finally made my cage and i'm sure it works best with sativa's...
keep growing
M.

picture.php

picture.php

B

blue_tick

mac looking good brother. love the set up you have there. in to the end on this one

Tangwena

Veteran
Holy Shit Mac this is going to be amazing, bring on Christmas I can hear the bells ringing from Australia Ha Ha.
Tangwena

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi MadMac,

Thank you very much for starting a new diary of ACE genetics :)
I'm glad you enjoyed your previous experience with Golden Tiger and Malawi,
and that you want to explore more strains from our catalog.

I have had very good experiences vegging first the plants outdoors, to flower and finish them later indoors, you get the best from both worlds: healthy grown plants thanks to the sun and wind, and a more controlled environment indoors for the flowering ... it's a great choice in case your climate doesn't allow to finish properly longer flowering strains.

My experience with vertical lighting is limited, we have tried a few coliseum indoor grows with great results, mainly with clones placed at different heights and it's a great way to flower properly many plants in a small space.... i'm a bit clumsy and i always burn my self with the vertical bulbs when working in the garden so i no longer practice this style :)

Wish you the best for the flowering cycle!

konopenko

Veteran
Im impressed Mac, lovely setup and plants there..once you go vertical... :)
Vscrog could be more than twice as efficient as normal-horizontal growing but...Marlo and other vertical legends use some trics to do so. You must expect crazy strech from some sativas there, so you should put another lamp on ground to cover more m2. Some plants will strech more as others, but you will be able to cover that space with others ( Malawi :))
Hey Dubi there is option for you :) when you work there turn off main light and use 150/250W..no problems yet with this method...
:tiphat:

Last edited:

MadMac

far beyond driven...
small update

small update

high @ all,
so VCSog is doing well so far :)
All plant's startet direct to flower so it's true if they show first white pistols start the flowering and they will continue :)
I use now ORCA Grow film for better light reflection also on top as you can see and on ground too... i have a 10cm opening @ the top so now it looks like a grow turbine :) hehe
Here is a pic from bottom ...
picture.php

Happy growing' :tiphat:

M.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi MAC its going to get out of control in there ha ha.
I am real interested to see how you handle them, if you manage I might give it a go myself. Good growing mate
Tangwena

MadMac

far beyond driven...
high @ all,
here just a overview over the progress...
Plants are now 16 Day's in 12/12.
Some Zam stopped stretch but the Purple Haze & Malawi are still stretching and i had to LST... did also some defoliation for better light...
happy growing :tiphat:
M.

Zamaldelica
picture.php

Zamaldelica & Malawi&PCK
picture.php

konopenko

Veteran
Hey Mac, lovely vscrog so far :) they will surely stop in near future, cos plant tops receive less light there. There is angle and distance so you can expect heavy buds in sector near bulb and some smaller buds on top and below light. 600MH + 600HPS :woohoo:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
high @ all,
here just a overview over the progress...
Plants are now 16 Day's in 12/12.
Some Zam stopped stretch but the Purple Haze & Malawi are still stretching and i had to LST... did also some defoliation for better light...
happy growing :tiphat:
M.

Looks like a good start of flowering :) Thanks for the update.
Hope you are enjoying summer time!

MadMac

far beyond driven...
30 day's 12/12 update

30 day's 12/12 update

high @ all,
while i'm smoking and enjoying the Golden Tiger 3 impression i forgot what i wanted to tell... hm will come back later to it...
So here a small update of my VCSog experiment. They are now 30 Day's 12/12 and today i switched to the 600w 400v Osram hps. Will use this for the next month than go back to 600w 240v hps/mhl... until now i can say the Malawi & PH is the most stretchy plant i have grown... The Malawi & PCK shows first brown pistols... the Zamaldelica's stopped stretch... all are smelling nice... so until now i'm happy with all :)

P.S. I need to visit my Outdoor spot... i have there some Bangi, Nepal and Erdpurt standard... need to check if there is a male... will post pic's then...

Happy Growin'
cu
M.

The Cage Closed
picture.php

The Cage Open
picture.php

flowering progress 30 Day's 12/12
picture.php

VCSog filled up
picture.php

B