What's new

SFV VS TRUE OG

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Who has experience with SFV and True OG?. I can't tell 1 from the other. Both have a 3 leaf thing going on, Both are lanky stretchy bitches, Both have the same grow rate, Can anyone confirm these are really 2 different cultivar's. If anyone has pics of either post them.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
This thread may start a shitstorm.... but i agree that atleast 1/2 og cuts are renamed original 5....

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If there both the same I have no need to keep both. I will make the final decision when I harvest them. If they are identical 1 will get cut and that will be True lol.. I was trying to see how others feel about this issue. I hope other post in here.. Where did True OG come from? Was this a Dispensary cut from oaksterdam? I need as much info I as ca get to make a informed decision.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Best information i can give u is true og is from elemental wellness.. cup winner etc etc... lemon fuel.... i ran hella ogs sfv is where its at over 10 yrs its still my fav... im done runnin others sfv for the lemon, tahoe for the pine , n crippies for the fuel gas dark funk, are what i narrowed it down to outta 27 og cuts... a ton of og cuts come n go but sfv is a forever cut

TheArchitect

Veteran
I'm interested in where this conversation goes, I just got a cut of each and will be growing them side by side in the coming months, I know I love sfv

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you have both do they look the same too you in veg ?? Pics please.. The people I got both cuts from told me True was probably renamed from SFV

I want to see veg plants and flowering plants of ea to see how different they are

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
If there both the same I have no need to keep both. I will make the final decision when I harvest them. If they are identical 1 will get cut and that will be True lol.. I was trying to see how others feel about this issue. I hope other post in here.. Where did True OG come from? Was this a Dispensary cut from oaksterdam? I need as much info I as ca get to make a informed decision.

Here is a thread about the True. This is the one you have PF. Only real difference I can say I see in the two I have is that the True seems healthier than the SFV in early veg. By the time they hit flower they take off just fine.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=246904

Cannavore

Veteran
i thought the true og was a really earthy og? and sfv isn't?

guess the guy who told me that didnt have the real deal

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks TC, I have read that thread doing my search.. I'm trying to get others opinion on the 2. If many feel there the same then I got my answer. I have both in flower now. I can say both are Identical in veg.

Here is True(curtsey of Ghostnugs) Do we have a SFV to compare her too??..........I'll take some of that true x Stardawg lol..
picture.php

oceangrownkush

Veteran
They are different in finished nug form.. Most OGs are so similar you could mistake them easily. From what I remember SFV is stonier True is more balanced head high less numbing.

They are both great!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All tell me SFV is better than True. Was also told there both the same True was renamed. Remember True came from a dispensary we all know how they operate..Unless you have both plants in from of you to see what the smells, and flavors are it would be very easy to think your having a different experience... If no one is sure I guess I will see when there done and post my results.

Cannavore

Veteran
be sure to mail me your garbage bag that contains the cuts of true, PF. i'll put it to good use lol.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol, I don't have many. I take 1 cut of ea make sure there rooted then flower the larger plants. So my Garbage would only have 1 lol.. No matter what I find SFV is here to stay. I cant say the same for True.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOL you can have what ever you need brother no need to ask. If I have it your welcome to it.

true grit

Veteran
Ya I wouldn't make decisions off of veg similarity. Lots of Ogs look very similar in veg. Wait til you finish the flowers for sure