What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

so stealth the wife wont know?

Dion

:gday:
is it possible to do?

i grow a lot of plants so buying/having plant supplies is not gonna raise questions

i have and build led lights(currently using on an aquaponics)

is it at all possible to pull this off?

my space is limited to the area around the aquaponics

got a space behind the aquarium with is out of site( 100cmH 60cmL 17cmw)

could possibly do a mini cab on the side 1sq ft

need to pull 40g/month to make this worth while
perhaps no mother perpertal sog?

any detials just ask

interested in any thoughts

:thank you:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
17 cm wide is not enagh space for a stealth cab, or any efficient cannabis growing venture.
also, 1 square foot is not enaugh to grow 40 gr / month.
find a more suitable space. be inventive. or get a new wife.

atk7

Hide from your wife! You brave, brave man.

(Just be honest with her) :)
Hiding things from wife not usually a good idea......keeping low key so she is not constantly irritated by my hobbies is possible and probably advisable as that helps with the overall security. With that in mind a small cab / micro grow..ngb style with a lot of emphasis on good scrubber and ventilation . Doable

Dion

wow tnx for the quick replies crew

yes honesty is the best however if it were possible to do without her knowing would be easier for her( she is very anxious and always worries about legal stuff that most ppl dont ie J-walking, not clearing the table after fast food etc she will have trouble sleeping if she does this)

so the space could be 3sq ft total behing the tank is space 1 (100x60x18) and possibly make 2 little cabs on either side( 52cm total width/length)

prefabed carbon scrubber is a must?- pc fan and diy sees good(silent) but i dont think those diy ones will really do a 100% job but i also cant have a roaring wind turbine so was thinking the silent extrractors i think philips has one and S&P both around 20dba with a proper scrubber- was thinking sealed with co2 but that has its own costs and callenges like humidity and temp issues

getting a new wife is not an option fyi lol the one i got is a keeper

i wont push this if its possible id like to try but seems my 1st instincts were correct
the space is too small to get the yield i need and hiding from the wife is impossible and crazy

The Revolution

Veteran
It's very possible, but I wouldn't recommend it. I set up a super stealth cabinet years back just to root some cuttings I received to be moved outdoors. Everything was automated, environment self reliant for the, upto two weeks, time it took for the cuttings to root and go outside.. She ended up finding my little secret garden, and Ill just say she wasn't impressed. I will warn you, if she's not cool with it, keep it outta the home. She finds out your hiding something like that (Trust me, she will--Think all the suspicious sneaky trips to water etc), she will most likely take it the wrong way, and will see it as you are jeopardizing her and your family and have no respect for her or if you have kids, your children. I would not recommend it. Not to mention, if you've really pissed her off, she can use this to black mail you in the future.

:gday:
is it possible to do?

i grow a lot of plants so buying/having plant supplies is not gonna raise questions

i have and build led lights(currently using on an aquaponics)

is it at all possible to pull this off?

my space is limited to the area around the aquaponics

got a space behind the aquarium with is out of site( 100cmH 60cmL 17cmw)

could possibly do a mini cab on the side 1sq ft

need to pull 40g/month to make this worth while
perhaps no mother perpertal sog?

any detials just ask

interested in any thoughts

:thank you:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I could not live with someone I had to hide things from. Also it isn't fair to have something illegal happening in her home without her knowledge. Grow up.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I could not live with someone I had to hide things from. Also it isn't fair to have something illegal happening in her home without her knowledge. Grow up.

I agree up and to the point of pot tbh

I would never cheat or hide any other discretion and I don't hide it from her now but, there was a time when I needed a good buzz and her knowing was not a good thing.

It worked out in the long run. Pot ain't for her but it is for me.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Long live the stealth growers!

Nimbys Stealth Dresser Setup

this_one.jpg

lights_off.jpg

onavelzy

Veteran
Is it worth the fallout if she does find out? Even if she doesn't blow a fit and trash the grow or pull the beddy bye time card, or speak to you in angry monosyllables for the next year, is it worth hurting her by showing the lack of trust, however well intentioned? If not, this idea is a fail with capital letters. A lot of relationship failures (all?) are due to poor communication.

My advice is like the others: either ask her or just buy the occasional oz

CoCoSativas

No mother means you need clones or seeds...

Other than that, you shouldnt have any problem. My girl knows i grow but i could hide it no problem.

I saw a little trashbin grow on here, greenhouse super bud grow. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=262626

I love this thread. I grew superbud, and made seeds with the strain. Good stuff, i liked it. Mine yielded well, and top notch bud.

If buddy can do the trashbin you could do it too. Lol maybe a tiny hydro under a 125 watt or 200 watt cfl, or even a 150 watt sun system. Its a hps bulb ballast reflector combo. About 100 bucks anywhere ive seen it, maybe a little more

CoCoSativas

Ona has a point, if you have to hide it, that means it would make her mad. If she found it and its a problem... sorry i contributed to delinquency.

That said if i had to hide my growing and smoking from my love i would without question. She would never find it. If, somehow she gained a sixth sense like xray vision or the ability to smell like a dog, or somehow stumbled onto the stuff, id be prepared to deal with the storm. Id probably laugh and tell her its none of her buisness what i do in my free time... but thats me

Also have you considered a outdoor grow. One huge plant could keep you smoking for years, and you may only need check it once a week. Just sayin if your climate is right

ghostmade

Veteran
I have only 2 words for you , GORILLA GROW.
Dose she know you smoke? Dose she smoke?
All i got to say is keep it honest.let her know the chances of this really hurting yall are none.if you do these simple things.no smells,no tell,no and no sells.
I know a dude you house got searched for a person and he had a 3 pc grows going. And they didn't find shit.they actually was in the room looking underbed and in the closet.
Anyways if your not into a shady crowd.m8nd your own business and dont do anydirt that will have the boys knocking(or kicking) on the door your golden.
Explain things and she a8nt down.hit the stix homie and bang out a few plants with some autos fo4 a quick harvest.or get your own house ;)

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i hope you mean so stealthy even your wife wouldn't know. theoretically. i hope you aren't keeping life altering secrets like this from your life partner. not gonna end well.

and no. it's not possible. not from your wife. even walter white couldn't hide his OP from his wife. and i'm sure his life had a whole team of writers. it's just you.