What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whatever happened to strains that smelled like Baby Poo??

skwirl

Like the 'good ol' days I use to see alot more strains that smelled like poop..like really nasty smelly. I just don't see that anymore. Peeps used to go gaga' for that kind of thing.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They got fed up smelling like milky sick probably or the terpenes are lost from the cannabis gene pool. Chimera might be able to shed some light as to the combination of terpenes which produce the Dutch import smell..

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dr. Atomic northern lights smelled like baby poo and rotting fruit after a few weeks curing, but it's a shit strain. Don't get it.

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
I would say check out some Cindy99 Romulan crosses. Leprechaun seeds C99 backcross (they call it "Snakebite" I believe) definitely have some syrupy fruity baby poo smells in some plants. Space Queen or Space Jill could have these plants as well.

Maybe some pure C99? If thats around?

Reserva Privada RKS has some really nasty rotten fruit, wine, and dumpster smells, almost baby poo. It is pretty nasty and smoked nice!

Something about those stinkers that makes for nice smoke!

Heusinomics

I gotta wonder how far back you remember the days being so good?!..
Can you tell us more about your experience w the funk?..

When I think of old school for me.. It's the late 90's...n i was still in hs..
But I def remember the poo! And that's EXACTLY what we called it.
The baby poo!.. Not any one strain but lots of KB's w that stinky over sweet but not super fruity... Mostly market herb (Midwest) but we were getting into thrills gro's at tat time and had afew bag seeds w the poop smears big time.
When I started indo, It was an old SENSI NL that was the stinker for me. Berry basic green tight golf balls of dog shit! Only let it go bc the buds were so tight it would mold...

I gotta hope at least afew o the first/second gen banks like SENSI,SAG, or at least the like of CHIMERA or Dr.Atomic would have saved stock..
Or even b use ing he same special males&females...
Iv stocked several "old 80s&90s" strains in my collection jst bc that was when I remember some of the first times I saw THE DANK.
W a lil digging I'm sure some of those old flaves can b uncovered again!

blastfrompast

Veteran
I had to dump an old NL that smelled like dog shit cause of the wife.

Wifey would freak when I would smoke it as the lingering after smoke smell reminded her of freshly stepped on dog shit.. Didn't mind tossing it as they were strickly day'time meds.

Had a stank to it that wasn't bad fresh, but when you smoked it, it was pure SHIT... Re-lighting an old roach without gagging was a chore...

B

Bob Green

I am not a huge Subcool fan but he says his Appolo 13 fits what you are searching for:

From Sub... Taste: It's almost indescribable, like rotting fruit, citrus, and baby poo with a hint of pepper

But this is second hand info.

skwirl

late 90's. i was still in diapers but the folks and their friends talked about it alot. i grew up in that kind of family on the big island. I still get a hint of it from certain strains though...
I really should revisit some of the old strains from the classic breeders..

Nativearthling

The Congo x g13/HP from Bodhi smells like baby poo. Straight diarrhea, but it has more of a floral lavender taste with a crippling buzz. When I first smelled it I was like "damn that's gonna be bomb."

skwirl

now that's what I'm talking about. there some classic genetics in that bodhi strain. Diaharea? Who doesn't like weed that smells like that?

Nativearthling

Yeah I was surprised to have that smell again. It's been sometime since the I've run across that type of Ganja. You seem to be right that it is somewhere in those older strains.

V_MAN

Like the 'good ol' days I use to see alot more strains that smelled like poop..like really nasty smelly. I just don't see that anymore. Peeps used to go gaga' for that kind of thing.

I had some training day (train wreck x L.A Confidential) a few months back now and that had the strangest poop smell to it, tasted amazing though.

i use to grow blueberry kush and that smelled like a nasty gum infection or bad breath around 6 weeks flower. ive read somewhere that chemdog can have that smell but ive never tried just chemdog

J

johndoe123

I got 3 Riot Seeds Blue Baby Shit started. I have hopes for this one check out the Description...

Stella Blue x (Stella Blue x Chem 91 BX1)

We had a stinky old roadkill skunk line that bordered on totally fecal we called Blue Babyshit. This was found in some old Stella Blue S1's - we have had the mother keeper for over 7 years and decided to do one last nice bx1 project to lock her in. She is short and squat with thin leaf blades and just copius amounts of resin. The smell will permeate bags and is closest to ChemD with a hint of Blueberry in the background (but very faint). This is why we used the Chem91 BX1 male in the line to bx it.

Latest posts

Latest posts