What's new

what Cali Connect strains have you grown?

smokeyla1

Hoping to get a factual, no BS thread documenting actual grow reports to find potentially good strains from CC, as well as which of his strains to avoid.

If anyone could list strain, whether seeds were regs or FEMS, and results from your own personal growing experience.

I'm currently have his budda Tahoe at 50 days 12\12
3 from fem seeds
nice lemon smell off two tall lanky ones
funky BO smell from shorter fat pheno
all 3 above average tric production
no smoke report yet.

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Louie 13 OG x Tahoe reversed caught my attention. I'd like to know if anyone has grown that one out?

Scrappy-doo

Chem 91 was loaded with hermaphrodites.
LA Affie had stunted, mutated, low yielding plants,
Blackwater had decent plants but nothing keeper,
Chem4og I got all males, all of which auto-flowered.

Personally, I would never grow CC gear again. Gave them a fair chance and only got disappointment.

I've heard his Deadhead OG is decent.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I had a pheno of deadhead that was awesome!!! Supposed to be getting it back soon. Lost it in a move, but luckily backed it up with a friend. It was a single regular freebie. That was 3-4 yrs ago when I found that gem.

Recently did a whole pack of his GSC. 6 plants, 4 pheno's. They were all really nice. The #6 pheno was a frost monster, with huge buds. #5 mad medium nugs, loaded with frost and it turned purple. #1 pheno made little tiny nugs like the forum cut, and had the best smell and taste out of the whole pack. #3 was like #6, just not as much frost. #4 wasn't anything special, so it got shitcanned right away. The #2 plant got flowered in a ppk, and that was the of of her.

I have grown the Jedi Kush. Weird ass black licorice smell and taste on the plant I kept. Made huge foxtailed buds....every single time. Even outdoors, huge buds made of foxtails that weren't that dense.

Green Crack from him was a winner. Nice structure plants, big buds, great smell, lots of crystals, I just planted some more seeds of it.

His sour diesel was ok........some of the most rock hard buds I have even grown. Not much of a smell though, at least to me. Lots of people I know loved it, would actually ask for it. To me it was a Tahoe/sfv pheno, not much sour to it.

Those were all fems, well except the jedi, and deadhead. He might be a tool, but he does put out some nice seeds. Ya just gotta look thru em'. The autoflower problem never affected me, or the hermie plants for that matter.

These are just my experiences, and your mileage may vary.............

J

johndoe123

Deadhead OG was amazing absolutely amazing. Had 3 females that were just awesome period..... I picked up another pack recently and got a couple bout a foot tall. Stinky is not the word. Foul body odor and garlic from a stem rub

smokeyla1

Good info, I've heard mostly positive on Deadhead but I managed to kill a 6-pack of FEMS with coco that wasn't flushed enough. Pics online of it look to be a little leafy, did any of you find that is true? Also I've seen his bubba and chem valley kush get praise but again thats not firsthand experience.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Grew a full pack of chem valley, half a pack of corleone. And cuts or singles of Julius, deadhead, and chem 91. Some great smoke to be found in between hermies.

I'll spend my money elsewhere.

I have a fem freebie original sour diesel going from CC and it is super frost, huge calyx and nice looking. It doesn't smell too much and so far I am not sure if I like the taste or not, but it is early and my taste was a barely dry uncured sample bud from day 55.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I got a great deadhead OG pheno that is real chemmy!

That's the one I have, and can't wait to get it back. I have some x's of it. Strawberry Dogshit x Deadhead OG. Once I get the mother back, I'm gonna try and lock my pheno into seed form.

superjet

I dropped a couple packs of larry/sfvog fems in 2011-12 and found a real real nice keeper, sfvog dom that finishes in 7 weeks, anything past 8 and the high is too strong. I stopped making edibles with it a while ago after 2 people went to the er because they got "too high" lol! badass plant and I have never once seen any nanners from/on this plant. in "my" top 3 of all time.

BadRabbit

I have a fresh pack of CC Buddha Tahoe OG ... it was a replacement pack for a customs seized order of a different line - I hear so much crap about CC, but I am not concerned about hermies, what say you, should I pop it?

I've rocked both Deadhead OG and CC's, Blackwater, both regulars. Both great, but the Blackwater blew the Deadhead away. Working on CC's, Boss Hogg in this winters breeding project! I have been growing CC gear for years now here in Canada and have never, NEVER had a problem with either their gear or service. Outstanding in my opinion.

dannykarey

^^^^ That's interesting Mary, I haven't ran his gear too much....Was put off by the neg reports.

The BW you got sounds nice......I've always had my eye on that one and a couple of others.....Might have to finally pull the trigger.........Another buddy I have a lot of respect for on here also likes CC gear and he's got every elite clone imaginable.

Thanx for the honest report guys, very helpful..........Anyone have any pics?

Keep up the good work!

Danny

ECtraveler

Veteran
Agreed, don't be put off by the overwhelmingly amount of bad reports when there's still a small chance of finding something good. Who cares about spending 4 months on a crapshoot when there are more reputable and reliable options to fid fire?
pb27baO.jpg

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I gave my friend my Boss Hogg frebies and the female turned out OK. It was grown with a Tahoe OG x Afghan, MightyShiskaDurban x Alien Kush & a strain called Pearl of Great Price (all home made crosses). The Boss Hogg was the least favorite.

I would never give a snitch my $$$.

smokeyla1

I have a fresh pack of CC Buddha Tahoe OG ... it was a replacement pack for a customs seized order of a different line - I hear so much crap about CC, but I am not concerned about hermies, what say you, should I pop it?

The budda Tahoe gets very good reports, I'd says its one of his top 3 strains. I just read a 20 page thread about it on another site where everyone who grew it said it was great or best they ever grew. I do believe 1 said they didn't find a keeper and another 1-2 did find a hermy. I currently have 3 going right now, no hermies, 3 different phenos though. I'll try and get some pics up.

Latest posts

Latest posts