What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Burmese Sativa (VISC/Chimera) Who Likes?

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Howdy all

I was recently told that I might find what I seek in a Burmese line/genetics....
So I start to research what Burmese Sativas are out there... I find Vancouver Island Seed Co (VISC) has a entire company based around Burmese which I love... I found Fighting Buddha from Chimera which also sounds like the perfect lineage..

I'm looking for a cerebral Sativa that doesnt put you completely on edge, and has a almost "nuclear" kinda glowing/radiating feeling of energy flowing through your body. No indica/couchlock involved... Just pure brain candy.

So I'm curious who has kept Fighting Buddha or some VISC strains around, and what they think about the strain(s).

I'm sure there are many other strains for me to look at. I'm willing to hear anything you recommend.. Please Do feeeel free to flood this thread with pictures, and information so that anyone interested can have a 1-stop-shop to learn from.

Chrondiddle O

Veteran
seek out leprechaun seeds,a Canadian company who holds some very legit plants.

I am currently growing their Burmese x cindy 99 and it smells divine.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Myanmar landraces are very similar to the ones found in North Thailand, Lao and Vietnam (Golden Triangle) and South China (Yunnan) too. They are widely used by the Hmong people and tribes that live in those areas as food, medicine or fiber. Those are the regions where the Broad Leaf Hemp Cannabis Indica ssp. Chinensis dominates the genepool as well.

So there you have more options in case you don't find what you are looking for.

:)

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Nirvana's Raspberry Cough has Cambodian sat x Ice.

Do you have any recommendations Mustafunk?
Definitely think Burmese/Thai/Laos/Vietnamese/Cambodian has what I need I just dunno where to go.

CBG Nepalese Highland sounds real good, worked real well, and stable. I could use as my bread n butter for breeding. Breed to indicas to give some depth,euphria. Making 60%/40% Indica doms. Then with my Sativa doms I could breed the original NH to the most indica, and most sativa phenos from the hybrid. Just keep working around and find the most special stuff.

Last edited:

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Bump...

I'm thrilled today. I've found a thread that showed me many things..
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Seeing some of the phenos that are in Fighting Buddha
has made me a happy man today for sure!!!!!
,Its looking pretty definite that I'm looking in the right area.
Some super sativa phenos 12-14 weeks, but somehow it
is labeled as 50-55 days on Seedboo.
For 65 bucks, its looking like if I can put that aside
I am pretty confident thats what I want.

So whos go Fighting Buddha???!!

Look at JOTI and BCBD as options as well. The sativa is known to be anti anxiety from what I have read. Running Snow highs Abusive og X Burmese and some of them are nice.
2 have shown real promise and one is just pure raw funk.
Smell is over powering even if you just brush past it. Don't know how you could contain a room full of that phenotype.
One of the other pheno's leans burmese and the smoke was very calming.
Hope that helps.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Bump :)

I'm still in a trance thinking about Raspberry Cough, and the whole cambodian/burmese Sativa. Should be able to order something any day now. Would LOVE to see some pics, or at least some more opinions from the Icmag family :)
K+ to all

B

Bob Green

If the new Chimera Hightest x Sweet Skunk is the same Burmese mother that he used to make Fighting Budha it could be your ticket to a nice ride.

Rinse

Veteran
Reefs Burmese line was very nice, had wide leaves though, nothing like a Cambodian or Thai strain, but the smoke was sativa and calming not racy.

bigbag

Veteran
using Burmese males for breeding does tend to make really decent F1's. grew VISC Passionfruit ( Grapefruit x Burmese ) and it was off the hook ! another old fave was SOL Shiskaberry #3 x Burmese ;)

geneva_sativa

have not tried FB, looks very nice, and have seen good reports from people that have.

I have tried Olympic, a Burmese cross, outdoor several years ago

was very nice ! neon green and purple

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If that Fighting Budda is a consideration for ya I'd jump on it as they are no longer being made. I wouldn't expect the remaining stock to last long.

Best of luck in your hunt.

Highcountry

VISC Burmese is for sale again. Anyone ever grow it out? I remember the article they wrote about it in CC years ago. Sounds like a tastey strain. Any info is appreciated.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
What ever happend to Love Potion? I remember wanting that soo bad....

Island Sweet Skunk
Love Potion
S.A.G.E

Tims Blueberry Sativa...
someones cut of SSH.... Kali Mist..

A few oldies... I heard about the Ray Davies cut of C99 earlier in a thread, its been a while since i heard that one... Sooooo many new strains have came out in the last 3 years that I quit getting on the boards daily like I used too.... I've been on boards since I was 15 on Overgrow... then Icmag....TheCannacabana...

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I bought some VISC Burmese about 18 years ago. When I grew it, it looked a lot like Indica with broad leaves and very sturdy stems. When it flowered, it stunk to high heaven with a fruity perfume and musk smell. The only traits that seemed Sativa like were the fact that it hermied a bit, and the flowers stretched out. The buds were somewhat beefy.

I wish I still had that strain. I have to say that the first time I smoked it I was not that impressed. I usually think that smoking about 3 hits is a good way to test how potent it is. At this level, the high was pleasantly euphoric. Very enjoyable. When I first smoked a joint between 3 people, about 7 or 8 hits, I really was impressed. It got very trippy. I have a strain now that reminds me of it, Bangi Haze. It has Nepalese in it, and is similar in some ways. Anyway, one of those Burmese was noticeably better than the others, and I miss it very much.

I have been on a quest to find something as good or better than the Burmese. I'm documenting this in a thread named "The Search for Trip Weed". Here is my story (short version):

I grew a Neville's Haze plant about 10 years ago that was the best weed I ever smoked. This is saying something because I have been smoking for over 45 years and have smoked some great ones in my time, including Thai Stick, Jamaican ganja, and Sumatran. I bred that Neville's Haze to a Hawaiian Haze and lastly to a Burmese.

Unfortunately, those children have been a disappointment. However, I'm so fond of the parents that were used, that I started a quest to find a great plant to do further breeding with these children. I'm hoping that breeding to other strains of similar character and potency will bring back traits from those parents that are currently not expressing themselves. I have been looking for these new parents for 10 years. The Bangi Haze is a lock, but I've been holding out for something more like that special freaky Neville's Haze.

Time is running out. I'm currently growing a Gypsy Nirvana Thai Stick x Neville's Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness that looks very promising. I'll be breeding those old seeds within a year so they don't die out on me.

Hope this helps,

ThaiBliss

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Man these Raspberry Coughs exploded overnight it seems... I was just saying to myself yesterday or the day before that... I was wondering if they were gonna stay squat or do a stretch... They literally went from 4-5" tall to 8"+ overnight.... For some dumb reason I did these 12/12 from seed. They'll probably end up at least 12-15"