What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Has anyone used a Magic Butter Machine?

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I just bought one :dance013:

I have been making canna butter for a number of years.

I will let you know how it works out when I get it delivered.

Any comments will be appreciated.

I've read good things about it. It can make tinctures.

I just don't think it would hold up over time tho, plus I have a double boiler and portable burner. I just cook it on the couch in front of the tv (its on the table, not the couch).

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Hi Desert !

I have been using your same setup.

I am looking for consistency and automation. We'll see how she fairs.

If anyone out there has one I would appreciate recipes. Like what is the Perfect amount of butter to use, etc.

Thanks in advance :tiphat:

Heusinomics

I am interested in how it turns out.

There are a lot of suggestions on there website. Along w recipes for stuff like gummies and caramels.

Let us kno what u think of the workmanship and value.
Thanks

Its more of a lazy way. Set it and forget. No hassles.

When I make butter I stir constantly, I think he does too (this is why I do it on the couch while watching tv, to pass the time).

Gaiusmarius, do not stir at all? I use water also, but I stir throughout the process.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I have been making it also.

I have been making it also.

you don't really need a machine to make cannabutter; here my way just with a pot on the stove;

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=174169

This looks like a good way to automate and ensure consistency.

I will let everyone know how it works and what I think about it, as soon as it is delivered.

I plan on doing a 1 oz of Indica Bud to 1 pound of butter, to start :dance013:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
stirring it every half hour or so is fine, you just have to make sure there is enough water in there to keep everything submerged. let it simmer.

not trying to argue, but i have to ask, how does it ensure consistency? i would have thought your recipe is what ensures the consistency. or consistently doing it the same way, lol.

i guess it's nice that it chops your herb and stirs it, on the stove you do have to keep going back to check on things. i wonder why they only say 2 hours for butter, most stuff i read on here about making it seems to indicate that 2 hours is the minimum.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Taking out the human error.. Should improve consistency..

Taking out the human error.. Should improve consistency..

Also I am tired of messing with the butter, while I have other things to do.

We'll have to see how it works out :tiphat:

Ensures consistency because it takes the human element out. When I first started making butter I would hover over the stove and be diligent. As I got used to it, I tried to make better use of my time by doing other things, and coming back to check on it and well... getting sidetrack tended to be common. That is why I setup my little couch station.

The machine is tempting, but my double-boiler works great, I stirred every few minutes, but now that you said you do fine stirring every 30min or so (granted you add way more water than I do), I really do not see the need for the machine unless I have something important to do, but no time to make butter (which lets be honest has not happened yet..)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah by adding plenty of water you stop it being able to burn, if it's just butter it can burn on the stove. the water can only boil so the butter never gets burnt. in the end as you know the butter becomes hard in the fridge, so it can be lifted out of the container in 1 chunk leaving the water behind. so i guess the advantage of the machine is that it will not burn the butter even if it's pure butter? without the water i'd have to stand in fronof it the whole time stirring and messing with the temps. so yeah it's a choice.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Magic Butter machine delivered today !

Magic Butter machine delivered today !

My Magic Butter machine came today .. that's pretty quick.

I will probably decarb an OZ of dank and give it a try tomorrow.

They indicate that the machine will decarb, but I don't want to risk losing an OZ of Killer Indica.

If anyone has any ideas or advice, please let me know :ying:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i believe cooking the weed will automatically decarb it, no need to do anything extra imo, just chuck all the ingredients in there and let her rip.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
gotta recommend a few of these for those of you that like to make brownies...

they get 4 corners each!
and all uniform, too.
so you know with certainty the doses hidden within

attachment.php

sorry for the interruption...
aloha

Attachments

• 91gnuVZf2mL._SL1500_.jpg
    91gnuVZf2mL._SL1500_.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 19

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
look forward to hearing how it goes, im always specially interested in any dosing info in regards to how hard it hits.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
For my test I went to the club and bought an oz of Indica 17.8%.

This will give me a baseline for comparison of future batches.

I just got back from Oral Surgery and should be able to make the butter today.

BTW - the Magic better machine is bigger than I expected and very impressive.

I will post my opinions over the weekend.

Peace - :ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts