What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

nuthin but a g thang- ppk expiriment

lilac.rain

Morning! First time caller here. Wanted to post a journal of my next grow. I am new to the ppk growing technique as of the last few years, but have had amazing results beyond the battle with broad mites that had ruined my life for 6 months. I was lucky enough to have help setting up this amazing system so i cannot take credit for the construction, although i helped and had plenty of ideas, but there is a madman behind these buckets. I have two 5k watt flower rooms, a 3k watt veg (pictured) and am the first person I've seen or heard of bringing some outdoors. I have six buckets set up outside, and am dialing in the system and almost ready for transplant. Took moldy buggy cuts two weeks ago from a friends and you can see they have recovered at an amazing rate. Any comments,questions, or suggestions i am open to. Grab some popcorn, we are going to grow some big fuggin plants here people.

Last edited:

Permacultuure

Veteran
Unbroken chain.....Lets get it crackin!! I think I see a tied dye some where ;) Can't see any pics tho....glad to see another long time listener turned into first time caller

lilac.rain

*photo update

*photo update

After battling broad mites for half a year they have seemed to disappear- and by disappear i mean myself moving buying all new gear before throwing away multiple crops and exposing myself to avid forbid and all that other chemy nasty dna changing bullshit. So drove two hours up a gravel road to obtain genetics that were covered in PM and spider mites, and barely rooted in rock wool crutons. PM and spider mites are no problem to me as they are quite an easy fix compared to BM. So this is the first pic of my half dead cuts.

lilac.rain

heres the other 5 on the first day

now here they are a week since transplant. A few inches vertical growth and the stem has almost doubled in thickness. We had a week or rain and clouds here and left them out to harden off in that, this is the first week of sun we will see how they do. Bleached out a few leaves but still running strong.

lilac.rain

Heres what they are looking like tonight... sorry for the sideways photos. How do i edit them via icmag? taller lankier ones are purple kush... growing like a saliva! awesome and vigorous can't wait to see this one flower

lilac.rain

THey are all around 32 inches tall... Not the biggest I've had mid july but some of the healthiest! no deficiencies anywhere in site. Moving my indoor to a new thread sometime soon.

lilac.rain

The first photo in the last update is PK, and yes they are covered in swirski mites because i am forever paranoid about broad mites.

lilac.rain

Thing outside are exploding, I have never seen so much growth in one week in my whole life! heres the shots of the outdoor, i added cement wire around them yesterday for support.

lilac.rain

indoor update... mini splits installed. Green cracks are the shorter ones and the lights on photo (sorry) are the blue dreams, they were three feet tall and stetted so i cut them in less than half leaving only three or four foot long branches, tied them down to the trellis, and topped them. These plants can handle a lot of abuse. enjoy

lilac.rain

moving along.... the blue dreams responded nicely to me chopping them in half and then topping what was left, some nice wide vertical growth. Seeds are progressing, and i just finished pruning the outdoor girls.

lilac.rain

**Update

**Update

Hey i finally found one dead leaf on the outdoor, first for the season. crazy.
green crack

purple kush

blue dreams

lil buddy prefers crack

lilac.rain

so for the indoor. heres the SSOG transplanted from soil into PPK then topped, then bent two weeks later.

picture.php
[/url]
here are the blue dreams the same amount later...

lilac.rain

On the floor you see jillybean x5, chernobyl x4, hinduxmasterxskunkx2 and incredible bulk x2. TGA stuff is not feminized, so i was thinking about placing them into my flower room, sexing them, maybe keeping a male for breeding and cloning the females! exciting. any advice? much garcias

lilac.rain

i have only done OG crosses a few times and since my room is wider than it is tall i topped each ssog about 6 times a piece, to encourage more tops and branching.