What's new

Hangin' out with Speed...

High all and welcome to my very basic show and tell. Pictures, new breedings, techniques, etc. I see you all love to grow and happy to be here. Only been growing 2+ years and will always be learning. Growing some of the best pot around and very thankful for it. Used to have to buy expensive quick grown weed that on occasion was worth the $$$ but rarely. Come so far, so quick, and stoked about what is going on in my small grow room. Only do a few plants for personal use, but do hope to have extra for some hash on occasion. Hash is too good in my opinion and could see getting addicted to it if smoked daily. More like a special treat for me when PTSD is bad. Hope all enjoy the pics and welcome to share freely. Most all my really good pics I destroyed after the sinking of TSD and wish had saved them. Here is a couple pics of a shy lady only vegged 3 weeks, Humbolt Kush from Classic seeds. Nicely potent and tasty. Like very much and was hit with Blue Santa(DJ BLue x Santa Maria-plank cut) pollen. Both are very sticky and potent alone so expect some real firestick. Will call her Blue Kush or maybe maybe Blush...

These were taken quickly and hope to get some better, closer macro shots in the future. I will try and not promise pics so I'll just post as I can. I rarely have time anymore to shit, but visit here of course. Don't fear, I'm not shitting now:biggrin:. Do love growing already and hope to bless peeps down the road a little with some of my great crosses. Happy grows and campers too. peace... :tiphat:SR

Thai Columbian Gold C99 Romulan

Thai Columbian Gold C99 Romulan

This is from Classic seeds and great smoke. For [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]security reasons I am moving everything to my good friends who doesn't live close unfortunately. I now have my soil more dialed in and think he will do fine as he now has enough room. I can't grow and show pics and do from here, I just don't feel safe and tired of stressing about it. I have been only doing a couple here anyway but need more smoke. I pulled the Thai hybrid early on Memorial day and is at 11 1/2 weeks. Barely keeping enough smoke around with one plant at a time coming out and by moving my small grow I hope to change that to keep myself and my friend happy. She could have went easily to 13 weeks or more. I think may be more Thai or Columbian Gold leaning, not sure, but has a funky woodsy and slight pine smell. Sativa buzz good already and produces up high with laughter, but some very serious munchies unfortunately and don't need to eat more. Great taste and just started curing. The top is 20 inches as shown and would have gotten bigger around before done as was noticeably still growing when I pulled her. Need the smoke and want her to cure some. Last pic pic is the Blue Thai bud and middle pic was closer to 600 bulb and also by the T5 and bigger than seems in pic. Have a great week all. peace...
tiphat.gif
SR

[/FONT]

Mixin' it up

Mixin' it up

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There is no perfect mix, though can be tweeked hopefully closer than not and of course depends on the strain and/or pheno involved. I do know that my plants are potent and more so than a friend with same strains, so something seeming to make a difference or a combo of, but very happy with it. Watering and air to water ratio seems to be a big factor and new growstones are colored and fades in the soil though working well in the mix for now, but moving to perlite. Important; 10%+ or so runoff is needed to avoid buildup of salts and nutes according to most veterans. My goal is a mix that doesn't need mixed nutes every time and to just add pure water and some ewc/molassas tea here and there and just top dress by eye as needed by plant. My soil mix npk goal is 1-1-1 and can adjust easily from there for every plants wants and as you learn your strains it will get easier and better. Here is a basic list.
-Promix: PPM of 400-500. I will probably stick with promix bx and add extra perilite and believe will be my best result and can add more or less to my liking. If you want the promix hp is the exact same with more perilite already added and may be best for easy ready to go base. I add
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 tsp[/FONT] Dolomite lime/calcite, oyster shell flour, Azomite to each gallon promix as I use distilled water/RO. Do not need with tap water, but always check ppm with tap or well
-Compost: 1,700 ppm. Local or homemade is best and wish I could, but quality is important. Trial and error for local, but I did find a very good and cheap one. I mix this equally with HE.
-Humbolt Earth: 1500-2000+ ppm. New soil mix and have stuck out with them as plants are potent, but mix is very hot so careful as I found out the hard way. Get a ppm and ph meter asap if you don't. You can use your fav mix or just use compost. I tried separate and like together better and bangin' so far.
-To 5 gallons Compost/HE mix I add:
1 cup DE(Dr Earth) bloom booster 4-10-7
1/2 cup DE fish meal 9-4-1
1/3 cup DE mexican guano 10-3-1
no lime or azomite or ewc to this mix
- perilite: washed or even better some say organic buckwheat hulls are best, but no personal experience with that yet.
-Coco: washed and extra washed again with ph neutral distilled water. As with any rinsing or runoff, allow to sit for 15+ minutes to absorb salts and rinse again and check ppm. Some use hot/warm water to rinse coco and many brands and threads here about it. I only want for some plants where I want to start at a lower ppm and for a neutral fill. Also amend washed coco with cal/mag and let absorb first before using. Maybe a lil azomite too
-rock for base: neutral ph/nute rocks so the roots don't soak in the bottom of pot and better drainage. Using growstones hydroponic larger stones and like so far and lighter for bottom
-neem meal: 1 tsp in bottom of bottom with soil and rocks for bottom pests with added dunks too. Then fill rest of pot. Some use the oil and drenches. Also threads about.
-Mosquito dunks: crumble or smash up and use liberally around edges mostly and no ill effect to plant at all except kills gnats like neem, but neem meal has npk. Add more dunks to top few inches of soil every 3 or so weeks. Use along with fly strips. Other bugs, mites etc are in threads here too if a problem.
- The final mix is about 4-6 parts promix, 1 part Compost/HE amended mix, 1-2 parts perilite and some coco if you want to lower the npk more. PPM meter is very important for what goes in and comes out. Wish I had got one first off. Target PPM of 300-600 depending on strain etc. I add fish meal, mex guano and some blood meal together for top dressing if needed for grow and is better as learned to add less and a little at time than all at once. For bloom I use DE fish bonemeal 3-18-0 and a lil 0-10-0 jamacain guano. Top lightly early bloom and again mid bloom. Can make a tea and check ppm to be specific. Water after top dressed slightly to wet ingredients and wait 15 and come back and water for best absorption. If needed, make tea for quick nutes. I do not add more ewc to mix so can use more in teas and like alot alone with just molasses( I use humbolt honey es) and maybe a little dry kelp. Mulch, perlite etc can help keep top of soil moister. Also cool threads on.
If I missed some thing or whatever, please feel free to let me know and is how we learn. Happy growing.
Way longer than I wanted, but hope helps someone. peace...
tiphat.gif
SR

[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*** Check into the new Promix HP/CC with chunky coir and tad cheaper too. One guy said amazing stuff and trying my next bag. peace...

- I want to say I am very sorry if anyone has any ph problem from too much dolomite lime and already did my recipe, but I used more dl to see and it will go over 7 ph. Can use phosphoric acid to lower ph or other if needed. Haven't seen any problems in grow, just bloom and now only recommend 1tsp not a tbsp a gallon or other cal/mag source can be used.
[/FONT]

Last edited:
For those that want an easy inorganic grow method

For those that want an easy inorganic grow method

This an inorganic recipe and used with my first grow and did amazing, but switched to organic for personal reasons. Organic can be tough to do and have considered going back to inorganic before as so easy, cheaper and works very well. My organic is doing very good, just much harder all around and more $$$, but worth it to me. Below is my basic inorganic recipe. Not selling NSR or otherwise, just very good experience with and still use for in and outside plants and does great for flowers etc. Also only need their grow and bloom, not a myriad of products. Here it is.

Inorganic

- Mix: Promix HP(high porosity) blend. If using ro or distilled water; add 1 tsp dolomite lime, Oyster shell flour and azomite to each gallon promix or use cal magic when watering if needed. Mix well in tub. If using tap or other check ppm with ppm meter first and don't add cal/mag to promix or to water. Make sure and get a very good runoff the first time wetting the mix and regularly(10-15%) to keep from salt and nute buildup in mix.
- Nutes: NSR Greenleaves, grow and bloom. Start with ¼ the amount in 2-3 weeks veg and then ½ and full amount when in bloom depending on plants needs. Stop all nutes 3-4 weeks before harvest and just water. Better results if using worm tea periodically and molasses too at ½ to 1 tsp gallon water. You want some yellowing leaves at the end. If is still green at the end it means to much N and will be harsher, less tasty and may be less potent.
- Worm tea(optional for inorganic, but suggested): 1 tbsp quality worm castings, 1 tsp Humbolt honey ES or blackstrap molasses and 1 tsp kelp meal(optional). Bubble in a gallon of water for 24-36 hours and ready to go. Can triple recipe and then dilute with 2/3 water for doing more plants. Less when in veg and more in bloom.
Still use mosquito dunks and neem meal or oil for pest control as in the organic recipe above. Remember neem meal has nutes, I think 5-2-3 depending on brand.

Enjoy... :tiphat: SR

Last edited:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Go Speed Racer, Go!

...incidentally, organic is way cheaper and easier to maintain, but is labor intensive initially.
good luck and welcome to ICMag.

...incidentally, organic is way cheaper and easier to maintain, but is labor intensive initially.
good luck and welcome to ICMag.[/quote]

I do agree it is cheaper in the long run if you can make all your own compost, ewc, soil etc and someday hopefully. For now I still have to buy most of my organics and costs more than my inorganic above which only needs a couple things. Still like organic much better so far and someday maybe I can do it all the way my own mix. Thanks TR. peace... :tiphat: SR

Keepin' it Funky... Got turned on to some Grant Green back at the old shop and perfect match for the funk I got goin' on. Enjoy the tune.
A thanks out to my good friend who is helping make my grow possible. He is a happy camper now for sure. He gets a 1/4 of all I grow at his crib, but worth it. Just finished smoking some Thai, Columbian Gold, C99, romulan mix and wasn't even done but great still. Also some Grape Krush x The Flav and Cheeseberry. Smokin' some Jack H now and good. Blue Mango(Blue Santa x Brooklyn Mango) and ChocThai(chocolate Rain x Thai hybrid) curing. Also an extremely frosty and beautiful Sourstar5 x Gogi og I got from the old shop where one idiot showed pics of his crushed freebie seeds he wasn't happy with, this being one of them. He crushed them himself, what a dumbass.
Very thankful to all who make such great genetics available to peeps like me. Hope to return the favor someday with my own fire. The Blue Mango I hit back with Blue Santa pollen and now in veg looking awesome and someday hope to share some this great smoke that tastes like juicy fruit/frootloops and very potent. I'd say even more potent than the Thai hybrid which I like very very much. So awesome as is really great taste and potency. Hopefully I can get something together in the next year so as to share some genetics. Purple Thai(Humbolt Purple x Thai hybrid) lookin' great and another Malawi started, but not straight into bloom this time. 1rst one is at 15 weeks straight from 12/12 and seeded with Blue Santa I think. Huge top and will try to get pics of all these. Missed pics on the ChocThai already which was very frosty and pretty. Yet to smoke her. Again thank you to all who share or sell your genetics and without it I'd be smokin' very expensive street weed and supporting crime. Very glad I'm not. peace...
tiphat.gif
SR

Grant Green- Ain't it Funky now...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gxDKZCB06MI#t=93

I wanted to fill you in on my transplanting. For the most part I have been starting my plants from seed in 3 gallon pots. I understand why people say not to. It does work fine, but want quicker growth and wanted to try transplanting from smaller pots. I recently transplanted from a 1 gallon to the 3 and working great and new mix may be helping with more aeration due to aeration stone I'm using now too, eventually I'll just use Promix hp/cc. I transplanted after maybe 3 weeks and plant was already a foot and roots all thru top to bottom and very fiberous. 2 weeks only from now on as roots too attached to bottom already. Took off in a day only and pinching the top for bigger side branches and worked wonders on my new Thai hybrid that has many huge side branches that think they are the top and made there own branches. Experimenting with pinching, topping and soon both to see how yield increases. I also transplanted in same soil mix, but with a little added blood meal, mex bat guano, jamaican bat, oyster shell flour, and fish bone meal to bring ppm up to 1200. Thought to do at 1,000 ppm, but with added aeration stone to mix it thinned out some. Can always add more nutes, but can't take back out. I always try and mist or very lightly water the top to keep moisture all thru and my roots always go all thru to the very top. My room humidity is way lower than recommended, but I think may increase resin production along with good airflow in and outside the pot. I never had room to transplant before, but glad I started and thanx to a friend for making it possible. I don't see any need to start in anything smaller unless you do alot of plants maybe. From what I see and using now the 1 gallon will be full of roots and ready to transplant in 2 weeks and that is with only a 200 watt cfl over each plant. Tried t5 and worked fine, but no better and can't raise the light for each individual plant either. Bought t5 bloom bulbs, with one still a grow bulb and works great for side lighting on the plants that make good popcorn. I now realize I should basically scrog most strains, but those like the Thai hybrid make very nice quality popcorn. Hope this helps someone and all the best in your grows. peace... :tiphat: SR

note: I did want to say when pinching to not pinch the same spot twice as can cause a hole. I was able to fix with bandage.

woolybear

Veteran
Growing your own, nothing can compare. Best part is knowing there's no nasty pasticides or bloom enhancers. Good luck

Growing your own, nothing can compare. Best part is knowing there's no nasty pasticides or bloom enhancers. Good luck
Thanx wb. Just like my wife, all natural, no fake nothing. Not paying insane street prices for quick grown, barely dried, harsh, barely smokeable weed. Not to mention not having to deal with a drugged up and cockey crooked dealer who only cares about profit. Peace... :tiphat: SR

Here are a few pics I was finally able to take. peace... :tiphat: SR.

-ChocThai(Thai, Columbian Gold, C99, Romulan x Chocolate Rain)
Tastes like grape bubblegum with thai/cigar hints in background. Very tasty and very relaxing yet up high.

Headys

Thanks for the recipes

Thanks for the recipes

Thanks for posting some recipes. That stuff is always helpful. I'll be trying an outdoor here in a few weeks. :watchplant: Subbed

- HEADYs
HEADYs-Shield-Logo.png

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
every pic has some pretty nice colas in them , you definitely seem to be kkeping the node and stretch in order , props ..

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I now see how too much dolomite lime can cause high ph in bloom stage as I tried out. I now only would say maybe 1 tsp dolomite lime per gallon promix, not one tbsp and could use calmagic or botonicare cal/mag or the like instead and only if needed. I think with proper feed and teas cal/mag shouldn't be a problem except for heavy feeders maybe. I edited all my recipe threads to 1 tsp dolomite lime, oyster shell and azomite. All the best with your grows. peace...
tiphat.gif
SR
[/FONT]

I wanted to share a couple of my favorite very relaxing music tunes. 1rst one is 9 hours long and 2nd one is 3 hours. I don't use for sleep, but just to relax. May even be a good thing to play to the girls in there room as plants have been known to like certain sounds. Hope this helps someone. I like many genres of music and try not to limit myself to just 1 or 2, depending on mood desired as is what music does, as in movies. Try a movie no background music, not near as good. Our lives are like a movie and depending on the music in our head etc. What we think and listen too in our mind is what you will be and believe to be true. Besides some good herb which an outside stimuli, music can come from within anyone and love to make my own music, just like smoke. Not in it for fame or money, just love music and the peace it can bring, especially if God is incorporated into your life and music. Even in harshest of environments or circumstances, peace can still be had by a person whose thoughts are on the positive, focused and at peace within. I struggle with this as my environment is not so positive, nor my life, but as once in a song; Life is what YOU make it. My glass has only a little water, but I am more thankful for that little than most who have much. My point is that your happiness can be largely construed depending on how thankful, grateful you are, despite all the hardship and loss. All the best in your quests in life and hope God, music and YOU can help find yourself some peace. peace... :tiphat: SR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZwZNBh5t3ps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=V_C_hzg7rD0

Age of Aquarius

Age of Aquarius

Sing it Jethro...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wUEA5NWlQU0#t=2491

-Stay tuned. Forgot my camera again, but will have pics soon hopefully. BlueThai( Thai, Columbian Gold, C99, Romulan x Blue Santa) Girl looks like a big blue with fruity smells. One male that looked more Thai that I didn't keep. Very promising looking female though and hoping for very high potency as both are very potent alone. peace... :tiphat: SR