What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
got a dud?

its pretty simple people wanting to get answers.

cut it down and immediately chop out a few inches of main stem from the top of the root crown to a couple inches above the soil.

after you have some fun with your microscope on a slice of it
submit by mail or hand deliver
to your favorite plant pathology lab or extension service.

go to the plant panthology lab website and download the sample submission form. fill it out and say you have hops or hell, call it alfalfa. who cares. when choosing a lab choose one that may have a nematologist.

while you are at it send it to a nematology lab. follow same protocol.
they are not going to give a shit or question you at most places. just so long as you dont ask them to know and actively help with testing cannabis. if you gently pull the wool over their eyes they arent inclined to prove otherwise or even suspect they should. itsa plant lab. they arent on the look out for scams and shit.

i wonder if you asked if they could do a test for pectinase.

it should be pretty smooth.

use a burner and anonymous email as a contact. safe addy or if they press for details use the local mission or a church or plant nursery as your address. ask to be contacted by email or phone.

its pretty easy.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Mel Thomas Growers Guide also mentions ditylenchus dipsaci aka EEL WORMS... next time your in a Barnes and Noble or any book store... Look for yourself....

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Have you done it?
no that would be illegal. i was just hypothesizing about if i actually grew cannabis and had this problem what i might do. but i would personally never break any federal, local city ,or state laws or ordinances regarding marijuana or its delivery by mail.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
ive never tested the section of the plant i just described. the last dud i had tested was more arial branches and leaves although there were roots in one but never the crown and base of stem. i did my last test as the nematode images were released and didnt have the info in time to target that specific test. lesson learned. always submit as many types of samples as possible. after that i havent had anyone bring me any nor had any of my own to test. its not hard to do i just havent had the opportunity. and im not testing anyone elses plants for free anymore. i did these out of my own pocket for the benefit of the group effort. i kinda hoped it would encourage others to test and announce their attempt and results at doing so. i dont recall anyone else doing so. maybe a couple others but i hope maybe some will if it continues to persist in their gardens.
get em tested!
its the only way we will know. and if you have em tested alter a photo of the document to disguise the lab and your personal test number ids
so that others may use or see the info.
nematolgists are probably some wild and quirky people. i bet you could hijack a nematology discussion on some nematology forum and put it to the group and get invited privately to submit a sample along with maybe even some treats to a nematologist who like herbs and has free run of his own testing facilities.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If anyone still has duds they should test them. it would put this to rest once and for all no more he said she said. If I had it I would send them for testing but I don't so you guys that have duds please send them off for testing.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Josey sent his in for testing he said. Test was negative. Thought they tested for all causes.

You have several plants in your albums that look exactly like my lil glues. Ok you ran big rooms. Not a pissing contest. We don't all live in Cali.
1? If they're at the base of the stem, how do they get transferred to the new cuts I take from the tops?
And I don't have problems with internode spacing or weak branches. Just weak frost n slow drinking. The slow drinking is my fault.
I'm so confident because I knw the history of the plants. I know the abuse those two particular plants dealt with when they rooted, that the others plants did not get. And seeing that they were visibly affected by the stresses, I threw super stressed out cuts into flower to fill a lil corner n see what they do, and posted the results.
Sharing is caring I think many people claiming duds may just have made mistakes going into flower, like for instance what I did... having a plant that gets water daily, then that clone/plant gets bone dry almost dies but bounces back but has an extremely compromised root zone and gets flowered before it can deal with normal waterings, the intense light, nutrients at a higher level shit like that. Sure that's not everyone.
Ever over water a plant? That was not drinking like the thirstiest plants but get same amount on auto waters? They tend to look like the glue I posted most time if allowed to live.
Mine were the runts as in last to root, that had few roots that got dried out to near death, that lived barely. Got put in cups for ten days. They never looked the same from that point on. Leaves stay smaller as it grows. Roots are fucked for a few so they don't drink. Then they over water easily. So I potted em up anyway and flipped immediately just to see if I could get them to fill in some space. At this same moment the cuts that didn't dry out and have got nothing but love since day 1 all are Bitchin healthy and still in veg never skipped a beat. Just process of elimination but I admit I'm not a nematode expert. I don't have to be my plants are all fine besides these two glues and the 1 Sfv that all almost died in cubes and got flipped with in ten day and what do you know those are the three plants that all look the same development and frost wise. Hmmm must be bugs then right? No they just all had the same shit stress them out n they all still look like shit, flowered before they had recovered.

Why so negative storm shadow? It's the holidays man.

And anytime you want to Pepsi challenge some nugs or oil I'm down. No need to insult people's ability. Especially when you don't know them at all. Before you call people not that great maybe try their shit first. But that's just me

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Josey sent his in for testing he said. Test was negative. Thought they tested for all causes.
he had some tested that were not submitted with the root crown or base od stem. so its likely they wouldnt have been detected.

you have several plants in your albums that look exactly like my lil glues. Ok you ran big rooms. Not a pissing contest. We don't all live in Cali.
is this directed at me? my pics? anyway no pissing contest ever for me i dont care how big your room is plants are the same in a big room or a closet.

1? If they're at the base of the stem, how do they get transferred to the new cuts I take from the tops?
if its d. dipsaci (remains unproven) then it would be from the the inside of the plant it would bore out and only be able to travel in a layer of water like on wet plants on the surface. they travel into new plants through the stomata.they travel to new plants on the surface. they are little a wriggly like that. they then travel inside the plants. cuttings i would speculate could either contain them from the host mom or the todes could move pretty freely amongst a cloner with all the waterdroplets on everything in a clone dome or in the water of the aero cloner maybe assuming thats even where its happening and if that is whats wrong which it sounds like you dont think so in your case.

And I don't have problems with internode spacing or weak branches. Just weak frost n slow drinking. The slow drinking is my fault.
I'm so confident because I knw the history of the plants. I know the abuse those two particular plants dealt with when they rooted, that the others plants did not get. And seeing that they were visibly affected by the stresses, I threw super stressed out cuts into flower to fill a lil corner n see what they do, and posted the results.
maybe its a different problem than what we are referring too.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Sent it out to five people. Four said it was super smooth and a great high. The fifth a-hole was from Detroit and said he could not keep the joint lit because the flush was terrible. He said it kept popping and blowing the joint out.

Jokes on him cause that was the mites popping. And that chocking bites was their droppings.

F-you bobblehead.

But so far everyone wants more except him.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
sirs issues w/ glue dud were identical to the issues I saw in my gg4 that duded nearly a year ago. they shared some of the characteristic dudd issues that are common in many other strains that ive ran(dub, og, mainly) SS is correct about PO being a source of the outbreak, but I also saw some dudds in rooms prior to that time from cuts that were supplied to a friend by the Asians that used to/still go balls to the wall filling up entire homes around diamond bar back in like 06(the same dudes that were getting rolled like constantly around that time) IIRC the first strains I saw that happen on were hindu skunk plants from the asians

A

acridlab

Happy holidays everybody,,,

So far so good over this way,, lots of good info popping off, def, helping me put on my first run.. . Week 2 ..
PEACE
picture.php

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
one last thud on the dead horses chest.

mikenite69 just reposted this on the dud thread might as well do it here. too.

thanks mikenite69
Ya'll made me lose some serious sleep in the process of reading this thread, both in the content and the length. Despite the iterant bickering, there's some really useful information here. Thanks to all that came before. If anyone has a confirmed case of Ditylenchus dipsaci, please let me know--one of my colleagues at OSU knows a bit about nematodes and is interested in sequencing the genome of a cannabis-specific specimen. A little side note and game show moment:

Question: what is one of the best disruptors of nematode life cycles?
Answer: 9-THC

A bit ironic, no? Irony aside, we'd really like to see some samples :). Email: seth.crawford@oregonstate.edu

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
because it doesnt work that way. those two random factoids are not mutually exclusive apparently. im guessing it does fine crawling around on a plant with thc but in a petri dish with thc extract its a different ball game all together. im purely guessing i dont know what that dude is talking about or if he really even exists. they do infect hemp dont they? so. i dunno, i guess its not a big enough of a deterrent? toxicity doesnt stop people from drinking the water in l.a.

A

acridlab

Thanks for the words, straightedge,
That's one plant, in a five gal smartie!
Really like ho easy the glue is to train..
Can't wait to smoke this bitch :)

Status
Not open for further replies.