What's new

Frisian Dew in the Big Greenhouse

chak-ra

Veteran
Dear IC-mag readers and supporters

This year we'll do something that hasn't yet been properly tried in Northern-Europe: A Cali-style grow, all organic and natural lighting.

This is a legal grow in our country. These plants will serve exclusively for the Cannabis Social Club. Every plant has her declaration of ownership of one member from the club. So each member has his or her own plant that we can grow legally with their written consent.

We found this old second hand professional greenhouse. We renovated and renewed the greenhouse and restored it back to its former glory.

Our thanks go out to all the people @ Dutch Passion for providing the genetics,
****** for his Organics and support,
K20 for the Greenhouse,
Trekt uw Plant Social Club for the legal documents,
Growers K14 and K10 for their expert assistance,
Mother Nature for provinding the right plant to save the world!

Specs of the Greenhouse:

- dim.: 30m x 70m x 4,5m (note: not the entire area will be used for planting!)
- Fully automated roof windows
- White chalked only the sides to let the most sunlight in
- Temperatures without counter measures: 5 - 65 degrees (celcius)
- Temperatures with manual climate control: 20 - 45 degrees
- Light obstruction due to natural location: none

Specs of the grow:

Strain:

- Strain: Frisian Dew by Dutch Passion
- Specs (according to DP):

Flower time: 7,5 (start flowering around mid august)
Indica / Sativa %: 50-50
Production XL
THC percentage average: 9,7 %
*we'll get this checked for all 16 plants by a lab, so we'll be able to tell accuracy of this claim

1st prize High Life Holland 2008

The most beautiful outdoor variety we have ever encountered. A Super Skunk female x Purple Star male, seen after 3 years of selecting clones. Although we produced many Skunk/Purple hybrids in the past 20 years, we have never seen anything coming close to this hybrid. Light purple coulour.(50% Indica, 50% Sativa). Very high yielder, very good stem to leaf ratio (only little leafs). Not susceptible to mold. Absolute premium quality outdoor strain. A must for the outdoor grower

- Quantity: 16 plants for 16 members
- Method: LST + Pruning + Scrogg + Cages
- Germination: in a glass of water (April)
- Pre-veg: LST in small 6l pots for 5 weeks in the shade, pruned
- Transplant to greenhouse @ 20th May

Grow Medium (custom mix):

- NPK: 18-14-16
- Adds: MgO2 + Ca + Clay and loam (mixed in at 50 cm depth)

- Organics: Mycorrhizal fungi, Bacteria, Worm castings, Bat guano, Buffer-tabs
- pH: between 6,4 and 6,7
- Watering: rain water (pH unchecked)
- Liquid nutrients: none
- Volume per plant: > 400l + full soil (loam and clay)

Goal:

- Get 3m x 3m filled with one plant (to get that big California-style plants we here so admire)
- Get a double scrog going
- Find THE pheno of Frisian Dew: the one that tastes like blueberries, light purple very big and compact nuggs and exerts a powerfull high
- Try go grow them as big as we can while only adding water
- Finish them without mold or spidermite infested buds
- Find a cure that suits the Frisian Dew and cure them to perfection
- Enter in the ICmag 420-cup with an exeptional sample (not lookin to win, but merely to raise the bar for the standards a bit - we judged the sativa-samples this year and found some very good ones in there, but we feel like we might add something new next year - hopefully)

Let's look at how the Greenhouse was cleaned. We put it together with only 2 working people. To keep the discretion in mind. (being legal, you must still be discrete about your projects!)

We spend about 4 months to get it operational for plants, and about 3 months to get it fully functional.

You can read all about it here:
http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/news-and-development/Belgiums-first-legal-cannabis-social-club-plans-historic-grow/

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

chak-ra

Veteran
First Week:

picture.php

Second Week:

picture.php

Fifth Week:

picture.php

Nineth Week:

picture.php

Week 11:

picture.php

Height is now 2.70m. Let's get these babies through the roof!

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Wow. That is one beaufitul grow, Chakra. Clearly, a lot of work went into refurbishing and converting that huge greenhouse for herb growing, and I really like the time-lapse shots that show the plants' development right from their humble start until they start filling up all the space around and above them.

Every guerrila grower yearns for the day when growing will be legal, and safe to do at home. You are living the dream, fer sure.

chak-ra

Veteran
Thanks man! Yeah, a hard fought dream for sure! My biggest project so far.

Once I had a dream: walking in a field of green.

Later on I'll post some more recent pictures from the Frisians. I hope the buds will be full of colors. Purple I find very sexy. Looking for colored resin as well :) Fingers crossed!

Thanks for droppin' by!

OLDproLg

Veteran
the Belgium Superman has arrived!!!!

Outstanding work,and for so little soil area an depth....
looking as they should under that HUGE house man!!!!!
You now have 1 of the best threads at icmag,congrats...
Be watchin this for the finish!
Lg

chak-ra

Veteran
Thank you Lg! Nice words!

The dim. of the big wooden pots are: 1.2m x 1.2m and 25 cm high.
Almost a ft of dirt is removed underneath and a further ft is mixed with the custom soil.

We'll see this through to the end! Whatever end!

And yeah, we can grow in Belgium!

Thx bro

blackone

Veteran
Love that greenhouse! Hope you find a winner pheno there - looks like a strain that can be kept as a mother without too many issues.

THC123

Veteran
Thx dude:thank you::thank you:

But why the topic title?

You have white jones , amnesia spg, beso pp and earlyu amnesia as well.

chak-ra

Veteran
@ Mendo: Thanks man!
@ OO: Thank you!
@ Mack: yiiiha man!
@ G81: Thanks

@ THC123:

I'll make an other topic as well little brah, don't worry ;)

This is just for the DP-side of things :) Don't want to confuse the audience eh!

Thx for droppin' by!

chak-ra

Veteran
Hehehe today I got up, smoked a TD --- very stoney--- smoked a Happybro leftover, then a TD again. So haven't done much today. Love scooping out the ICmag threads when i'm on the Think Different. Might try an Amnesia now ;) you put it in my brain eh!

THC123

Veteran
I vaped the think different this morning before work as a patience supplement when on the phone with people, did a hell of a job but during the first break I was so hungry I ate 2 big macs

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
amazing project. that Frisian dew should rock your green house. how much active air exchange do you have in there?

awesome greenhouse. will look forward to seeing them flower.

chak-ra

Veteran
Hi Gaius!

Well, for air exchange we can open up the 2300m2 (edit! one zero too many at first, sorry for the confusion. It's about 0,55 acres of greenhouse) roof. So it's a passive system. We do have semi-passive intake. We use a big passive opening of 12m² + an active inlet fan of 4000m³/h to pump the fresh air in between the plants. We have circulation fans (10) that we manually adjust daily. A lot more is needed imo, but there is still a budget we must look after.. something for next year.

Thanks for droppin' by!

@ THC: hehehe, yeah, that really is a strain for people with eating disorders ;)

Last edited: