What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stoned in the Swamp 2013

Looks like it's that time again!

I learned a lot last year and made some changes for this years grow. I decided to forego the swamp tubes and went with mounds. The soil is mostly Pro-mix BX with some worm castings, compost, local soil mixed in. I'm using all feminized seed, so I no longer have to deal with males or crappy bagseed genetics, I went with a variety of genetics to see what does well in this environment. The area is the same, a few new spots, we'll see how things go. I started 6 plants indoors about 2 weeks ago and they went out today.

Spot # 1
THC Bomb planted, she's a bit of a runt, but I think she'll pick up sooner or later:
picture.php

Jorge's Diamond planted, I managed to get a 10-15 gallon pot out there, it helps boost her above the other vegetation in the area:
picture.php

Also planning on putting 2 Skunk #1 plants out here.

Spot #2

Skunk #1
picture.php

Cheese
picture.php

Spot #3
This spot has been giving me trouble, the light is good and the cover is fantastic, but its just full of thorns. It's hell going through it. On top of that, I lost a bag with amendments and a sweatshirt out there, and now I was trying to plant a Blue Rhino and Critical HOG, but I couldn't for the life of me find the mounds I made. The woods had really grown since the last time I went to the spot. I looked for a good hour before giving up. I left the plants in the pots outside of where it should be, I'll hopefully get out there tomorrow and find the mounds and get them planted in their new homes. There will also be an auto going here:
picture.php

Spot #4
A skunk#1 and white widow planned for this area.

Those are all the spots for this year, less plants than before, but better planned, more soil, and all female. As long as nature doesn't have too many other plans, I may just harvest something lol.
Wishing everyone luck this year, that's all for now.

D

daylighting

Good luck! Spot #3 sounds like it's going to be a serious pain in the ass if the vegetation is already growing that quickly!

D

daylighting

I'm smoking 2007 pure organic sativa outdoor (seriously) and that moss looks like a teddy bear that got knocked out cold!

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
SWEET!!! I can't wait to do some guerrilla gardening!

As mention - that moss spot is clutch - absolutely beautiful.

:good: good luck on the spot #3 search! Machete a path through those thrones?

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey Rosetta, I enjoyed your thread last year! Wishing you the best of luck this season, hope you dont mind me tagging along! :)

Peace bro!

I went out and managed to plant those two today. Started 1 Super automatic, 1 White widow, and 3 skunk # 1's today, should pop in a day or two.

daylighting Yes it is a bit of a pain in the ass, but it deters humans and even deer I bet. I went and I found my mounds and planted the Blue Rhino and Critical HOG, sadly I didn't get to bring my camera. The brush had just grown up in front of the spot and threw me off, but it's really fantastic cover, only a crazy person would go back there :biggrin: Now that you point it out, I can see the teddy bear in the moss, too.

NKOTS Yes I hope she does well, I figure the moss will work as a living mulch. I grew some kind of Cheese last year and loved the smoke, I really enjoy that cheese smell/taste. Very chunky buds as well.

LyryC I had some clippers on site, but it's very thick. Now that I know where the holes actually are I don't mind it so much, keeps everyone else out. Even in a low traffic area, you can never be too safe :)

Buddah Watcha Thanks man! Wish you luck, too, hope you get some monsters this year :biggrin:

O

OKD

Ya oh ya I'm stoked! Still scouting a few spots myself. Good season coming up!

D

daylighting

The tougher the mounds are to get to, the safer your plants are. I admire your tenacity!

OKD Fingers crossed, looks a bit rainy for the next week for me, hopefully the ones outside won't mind too much.

daylighting The spot seems pretty ideal, if it's hard for me to find, no one's gonna wander in there. The light seems pretty good for the swamp, less trees here, one of the reasons the brush grows so much. Hopefully it pays off.

1 White widow, 1 Super Auto, 3 Skunk #1's start inside:
picture.php

I ordered a few more seeds, but I need them for my indoor, so I'll only be able to replace 1 or 2 plants if anything gets eaten by animals. I'd like to get cages on them, but I'm broke, so it's whatever I can find. I have neem and I plant on spraying whenever I visit and hopefully this helps.

D

daylighting

"Neem oil breaks down very quickly, too. It is especially susceptible to UV light. But neem oil is also a systemic insecticide. That means you can pour it on the soil (not pure neem oil of course, you use a dilution or extract) and the plants absorb it. They take it up into their tissue, and it works from the inside. A leaf hopper may take a couple of bites, but that's it."

http://www.discoverneem.com/neem-oil-insecticide.html

Savage Seeds Yeah they were too much work for no good reason, the spots don't really flood that much, especially not during the summer.

Daylighting I may just try that, a little when I start feeding them veg nutes.

Update time :biggrin:
Indoors everything is going okay. They are beginning to exit the seedling stage, and should be ready around the end of the month as I planned. Checked on the girls outside today. It's been rainy, but with hot, sunny days in between and they seemed to have liked it. Almost no insect/pest damage whatsoever on any of them, I only saw a small hole on the Blue Rhino.

Spot #1

Jorge's Diamond, she's grown to the top of the cage I put on her already :
picture.php

THC Bomb, still lagging behind, but growing nonetheless:
picture.php

Spot #2

Cheese:
picture.php

Skunk #1:
picture.php

Spot #3

Holy sh*t I went through hell getting to these plants today. I spent 45 minutes looking for them in the cold rain, totally soaked, legs bloody from the thorns (shorts were a mistake!). Lost a lot of body heat. Don't mess with mother nature :ying: Only found them while trying to just get out of there. Good news is that I found the bag of amendments I lost a few months ago while digging holes out there. Gonna give these girls some worm castings next time I get out there.

Critical HOG:
picture.php

Blue Rhino:
picture.php

Well that was fun. Got plenty of smoke so I can relax tonight :) Thanks for stopping by icmaggers! I'll be back soon.

Savage Seeds

"Neem oil breaks down very quickly, too. It is especially susceptible to UV light. But neem oil is also a systemic insecticide. That means you can pour it on the soil (not pure neem oil of course, you use a dilution or extract) and the plants absorb it. They take it up into their tissue, and it works from the inside. A leaf hopper may take a couple of bites, but that's it."

http://www.discoverneem.com/neem-oil-insecticide.html

Sounds legit, I prefer to use strains that have proved themselves outdoors but that works too!

D

daylighting

Sounds legit, I prefer to use strains that have proved themselves outdoors but that works too!

Yeah, a little extra natural protection doesn't hurt! I used it in a jungle grow and it did the job, although outdoors something or other will get to your leaves regardless. A solid plant will brush the damage off and keep going. :)

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Good to see some swamp action going on out there.

Haven't stopped by in a while, and I can see that many of the old swamp grow practitioners are too busy to comment these days.

Greetings and hallucinations to Bob Dole, Two Heads, OldsterOne and all ye other denizens of the swamp out there. May the Bud be with you.

Stay safe y'all and don't let the 'gators and the 'skeeters bite.

Gearing up now for my first swamp grow in many moons, after making do with dirt weed for way too long already, so hopefully some pictures of my jungle clearing canoe-borne exploits will surface before long.

Over and out from Swamp Thang - once again thrashing about in the murk he he

Latest posts

Latest posts