What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SSH Triple Redux: SSSDH x 2 + SSGH

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Started these:

Strain - My tag name

13 Reservoir SSSDH - SDHR

13 Connoisseur SSSDH - SDHC

10 Super Silver Grapefruit Haze - SSGH

I have wanted to try SSSDH for a long time. The long bloom times are problematic, but I just gotta try em.

I like to run fun groups of strains to look at them from a few angles. So we start with the original - Res's original SSSDH. Then the guys at CSG selected superior parents in an attempt to capture their favorite plant. I tossed CannaVenture's Super Silver Grapefruit Haze into the mix for a nice complimentary strain.

36 seeds got wet in the hope of finding 18 females to work with.

I will transfer these to 32 oz beer cups where they will be vegged out and sexed. The best 18 girls will be cloned and bloomed out in the aeroflo using my usual methods.

I'll do a head count in a couple days and we will get this party started!

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-AK

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ohhhhh....I'll watch this thread!!! I just put some SSSDH into flower myself this past weekend for the first time - so I can understand your excitement to jump into the gene pool!

Good luck on your hunt!! :lurk:

dank.Frank

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Germ Report

Only 1 SDHR seed has not popped. Everyone else has been transferred to 32 ounce beer cups.

I'll do a head count in a couple days.

-AK

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
veri interesting , ill be watchin fo su!!
soon i popped for first time sssdh from connoisseur , so cant wait bro

lovekush®

Cannapioneer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Started these:

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=44669&pictureid=1046843&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Strain - My tag name

13 Reservoir SSSDH - SDHR

13 Connoisseur SSSDH - SDHC

10 Super Silver Grapefruit Haze - SSGH

I have wanted to try SSSDH for a long time. The long bloom times are problematic, but I just gotta try em.

I like to run fun groups of strains to look at them from a few angles. So we start with the original - Res's original SSSDH. Then the guys at CSG selected superior parents in an attempt to capture their favorite plant. I tossed CannaVenture's Super Silver Grapefruit Haze into the mix for a nice complimentary strain.

36 seeds got wet in the hope of finding 18 females to work with.

I will transfer these to 32 oz beer cups where they will be vegged out and sexed. The best 18 girls will be cloned and bloomed out in the aeroflo using my usual methods.

I'll do a head count in a couple days and we will get this party started!

-AK

Is always interesting to see, two different techniques, to create the same masterpiece ... sssdh ... :tiphat:

sshg also interested in, I just started ssh x g13, strain quite similar.
:lurk:

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heads Up!

Only 1 SDHR sprout did not make it.

So we have:

11 SDHR

13 SDHC

10 SSGH

Everyone is past the helmet stage and will be vegged out here for a month or so.

Time to kick back and watch the grass grow for a bit.

-AK

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seedling Update

All of the plants made it to seedling stage. They are just about ready to go to the sexing table for a few more weeks of veg as we look up their skirts and start removing males. They all look quite similar with leaves and internode spacing, however the SDHCs are slightly taller overall.

Time to watch the grass grow for a bit.

-AK

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To the Cloner!

Moms:

SSGH:

SDHR:

SDHC:

Cloner:

These are some tall girls! I still have some indeterminate primordia, so these will be getting extra attention to make sure its an all girl party.

Everyone is healthy, and I expect to be topping these in about 3 weeks. I'll then grow them out until they are ready for bloom.

From the looks of these, they will need to go in short - otherwise I might end up having to braid them under the light!

-AK

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These should get planted in a day or so. Had a hellava time in the cloner. Going to be to some of the most ragged clones I've planted in a while. The fast rooters took off - being these want to be giants - they outgrew the cloner and started to starve, while the slow ones were getting shaded. I should be able to get them all to grow nicely once I get them to bloom.

I see a lot of trellis fun for these soon!

-AK

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is one I passed off to a friend for safekeeping who then went poof. Unfortunately when I had to reshuffle resources 3 grows were aborted that I had intended to document. I may revisit these, but my schedule is pretty relentless. The active run at the moment is the Dawg Duel and it has all of my new tech in it.

JohnG

Thanks AK. I am subbed on the Dawg thread. Extremely interested in the Aero Tea and your updated technique.