What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Moving on to Bigger and Better Things

Phychotron

Getting closer to my gardening vision every time. I was going to get two more Advanced 400w DS's but I traded my bro for Six 100w DS's and decided to sandwich the 400 between them. I'm going to see how this works out, but it will probably do fine for awhile.

picture.php

vegging on half power. Should be running around 920w when its in full power. My kill-a-watt broke so I'm going to just have to use the old figures and add them rather than get an exact total.

picture.php

Lights in action, running just the blue-ish side for veg.

picture.php

The 4x4 with all four Blackstar 240UV

picture.php

when the DS's are on full power its much brighter than those blackstar's. I'm going to get rid of them eventually and replace them with some more DS's. It'll be good to see how well the four of them do though. I'm tossing my old mother plant into flower with a Romulan X AlaskanThunder next to it.

picture.php

From the top

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Badass. Those diamond series lights look very nice. Good luck during your grow.

-Funk

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
This will be a side by side grow or just a test round with the new lights ? What are you willing to 'cook' under this lights ?

I'm taking a chair :lurk:

Phychotron

The tent on the right is my main production tent running grapegod, the other is for veg and special flowering, such as a different strain for a variety. Not for a growth comparison, just what I've been working toward for awhile now. Tent/lights/blumats/grapegod set mostly to autopilot.

I think I'll get another 400DS and then move the cart out of the large tent and add 2 more plants in the future, but thats when I can afford it. My kill a watt fried last grow when trying to record all the kwH's. This setup should be running about 950w in the Advanced LED tent, and about 520 in the Blackstar tent.

I'll try and get some more photo's as they grow, but I'm sometimes lazy and this might be one of those times. The plants are growing amazing under half power and up that high. I'm thinking of letting them get to about 2' before flipping over to 12/12.

Phychotron

Veg Day 25
picture.php

All 13" except for the short one at 11" Guess I'll have to take more clones to choose from next time.

picture.php

They still look nice though. I was planning on an 8 week veg, but it looks like its going to be about 5. This batch is doing very well, whereas the last batch i vegged 4 weeks and it was disappointing in the end with 2.5-3 per plant, as expected cause the clones were not as healthy either.

When I put the seed into flower the first time it was only 16" tall and did 6.6 oz. I'm hoping that these will outproduce. They have the look.

Phychotron

Day 32 of veg, I was going to flip the switch last night but decided to let them get to 5 weeks. The tallest is 21". Trimmed the lower branches a bit last night, but I'm thinking these are going to be monsters taking up all the space in the tent. I think i might move the cart to the outside if they get too big. I also turned on the other half of the lights on a few days ago.

picture.php

Photo's look great any time of day thanks to that white balance trick :D

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
Man, I must confess my jaw almost felt down when I read :
let them get to 5 weeks
because I thought you want them to veg 5 more weeks :biggrin:

Anyway, this girls will became monsters ! :good:

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
Day 32 of veg, I was going to flip the switch last night but decided to let them get to 5 weeks. The tallest is 21". Trimmed the lower branches a bit last night, but I'm thinking these are going to be monsters taking up all the space in the tent. I think i might move the cart to the outside if they get too big. I also turned on the other half of the lights on a few days ago.

View Image

Photo's look great any time of day thanks to that white balance trick :D

the white balance trick rocks !!!!

please post a pic in that thread to bump it back into the new posts ;)

Phychotron

Its funny you can tell in this thread when I read about adjusting the WB.

Day 1 of flower, vegged exactly 5 weeks.
picture.php

did a small trim a few days ago on the bottom, will do another in 2 weeks or so..
picture.php

Love this plant... Tallest at 24+" and the smallest in the center I'll move to the outer soon, its a few inches behind the rest which are all pretty close, but the one behind this one is the tallest.
picture.php

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Those plants are looking great. It's going to be nice to watch them flower out.

-Funk

Phychotron

flower day 5. I swapped the largest and smallest plant so the big one gets the 400DS. I also trimmed up a bunch of the lower branches that were showing little to no potential. I pulled out the cart to give them a little more space. Had to move the lights over a little bit, bit should not be a problem.

picture.php

tallest is at 29" and climbing
picture.php

Last edited: